Shane Black: Predator Sequel Will Be Set Present Day!

Started by Darkness, Apr 13, 2016, 09:13:19 PM

Author
Shane Black: Predator Sequel Will Be Set Present Day! (Read 20,807 times)

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on Apr 18, 2016, 04:32:53 PM
Someone suggested Dutch hunting predators. Maybe a team is put together to hunt one and Dutch acts like a Ripley chatacter, there to advise until its time for him to kick ass? That'd be pretty wicked! By the way, for those who played concrete jungle, who was the guy at the end of the credits? I always wondered, ridiculous as it may sound, if that could be Peter Weyland now with a different hairstyle? The age would match up at concrete jungle is 2030 and Peter's TED talk was only in 2023. Unless he was confirmed as someone else?

And then Arnold saves a little girl named Billie.  Joking aside, that could work.  Arnie goes in driven by revenge and then his maternal instinct kicks in and he grows to become someone else as he is trying to save the little girl... :laugh:

LordCassusSnow

Maybe he's a retired spook whose recruited by a japanese woman whose head of security for an undisclosed powerful man whose interested in predator tech and has tracked the predators hunting cycles to a certain location on earth and wants Dutch there to advise a team of expertly trained ex military types on how best to capture one alive if possible.(takes deep breath!) Dutch finds the japanese woman to be quite attractive and agrees on going to avenge his dead comrades and send a message to the hunter race. Dutch Befriends the team, after some witty banter about him bein an old soldier,  and we witness our favorite characters get slaughtered until the japanese woman is in danger and Dutch decides to join in and kick some ass!

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on Apr 18, 2016, 04:56:02 PM
Maybe he's a retired spook whose recruited by a japanese woman whose head of security for an undisclosed powerful man whose interested in predator tech and has tracked the predators hunting cycles to a certain location on earth and wants Dutch there to advise a team of expertly trained ex military types on how best to capture one alive if possible.(takes deep breath!) Dutch finds the japanese woman to be quite attractive and agrees on going to avenge his dead comrades and send a message to the hunter race. Dutch Befriends the team, after some witty banter about him bein an old soldier,  and we witness our favorite characters get slaughtered until the japanese woman is in danger and Dutch decides to join in and kick some ass!

And the Japanes woman's name is Ms. Yutani right? ;)

Randomizer

Quote from: DUB1 on Apr 16, 2016, 04:15:02 PM
Quote from: Randomizer on Apr 16, 2016, 07:40:00 AM
I do like the fact that they decided to go this way. The Colonial Marines are a trademark of the Aliens universe, and if we were to have them into a Predator-only movie it would feel odd and unfinished. Considering that both universes are tied together now, having Predators in a future setting would result in an automatic inclusion of the Xenomorphs, like Xenomorphine said.

Sadly that's one problem the Predator franchise has to suffer (or has suffered before): we can either go back or maintain our course in the current timeline.

What? That's ridiculous. A Predator movie can easily be set in the future without involving the Aliens, the colonial marines, androids or the Engineers. And so what if the CMs (and/or androids) were involved but not the Aliens? It'd just be like Dutch's team but with pulse rifles, smart guns and possibly androids. It might even be set on Earth, allowing us to see what it is like in the Alien universe's future without requiring an Alien outbreak to happen.

Not saying it can't happen, it's just that it would seem cheap in my eyes. Maybe is it just me refusing the truth?

LordCassusSnow

Nope her name is LT Linn Kurosawa ;)

Beatnation

I hate Iron Man 3, such a trash film, but even with that Shane Black knows that you need to move forward not backwards and instead retconning the shit out of Predators after 2 (after 1 many would say) he just continue the story, that's what good writers do instead trying to delete 2 movies in favor to wet and cheap fan-fiction. THEY MOVE FORWARD.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Beatnation on Apr 22, 2016, 02:06:56 PM
I hate Iron Man 3, such a trash film, but even with that Shane Black knows that you need to move forward not backwards and instead retconning the shit out of Predators after 2 (after 1 many would say) he just continue the story, that's what good writers do instead trying to delete 2 movies in favor to wet and cheap fan-fiction. THEY MOVE FORWARD.

Exactly!

I am super excited for this because of that, to see what it adds to the existing story.

Johnny Handsome

I just listened to a podcast with Shane Black and he mentioned a little bit of Predator:

- The process is moving forward (the train has left the station), but they are not rushing it and taking their time.
- He likes that his Iron Man Movie feels different than the rest and with Predator he wants to make it fresh and something special, they are also gonna do "some pretty crazy shit".

http://www.spreaker.com/user/6733116/shane-black-and-max-landis-superstar-fil

overthere

At least we're certainly getting something new. Predators made me think the franchise is a one trick pony.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Apr 27, 2016, 06:55:21 PM
I just listened to a podcast with Shane Black and he mentioned a little bit of Predator:

- The process is moving forward (the train has left the station), but they are not rushing it and taking their time.
- He likes that his Iron Man Movie feels different than the rest and with Predator he wants to make it fresh and something special, they are also gonna do "some pretty crazy shit".

Thanks for sharing. I wonder what "pretty crazy shit" he has in mind.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 28, 2016, 07:46:32 AM

Thanks for sharing. I wonder what "pretty crazy shit" he has in mind.
I wonder too, i just want to know something from the Story, just enough to get a basic idea where are they heading.

I don't want to get spoiled too much, even if the script would leak, i wouldn't read it, i want to have the experience in the Cinema, i mostly resisted Star Wars and Jurassic World Spoilers/leaks/inputs last year and trust me, it is really a much better experience when almost everything is a surprise, but knowing nothing at the Moment is pretty... well... shit.

The fact alone that Shane Black is involved in the script and directing it (plus maybe Arnold is in it) does this make an "event movie" for me personally.

Like really, is there any better Person out there for this? I Really don't think so, he's a cast member of the original and the writer of some really great cult Action movies plus a kick-ass director. FOX nailed it.

overthere

Lately I've started avoiding trailers for movies to maximize the surprise, but I won't be able to do that when it comes to The Predator.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: overthere on Apr 28, 2016, 09:23:49 AM
Lately I've started avoiding trailers for movies to maximize the surprise, but I won't be able to do that when it comes to The Predator.
Same here, it just doesn't work, but i will gladly avoid online TV-Spots, Clips, featurettes, B-Rolls etc. before the movie comes out, those things slowly give away a big portion.

Infected

That crazy shit sometimes is crazy for the directors, like filming two movies at once like a sequel,
or blowing things up, usually we dont see that back on the screen.
the Predator and Nintendo's NX are two things that can only be done succesfully if you have full understanding for the concept etc.
and both of them are a big challenge for even the biggest directors and writers out there, so i have strongs doubts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed