Shane Black: Predator Sequel Will Be Set Present Day!

Started by Darkness, Apr 13, 2016, 09:13:19 PM

Author
Shane Black: Predator Sequel Will Be Set Present Day! (Read 20,809 times)

Anonymous

Anonymous

I like these words of describing the new Predator as a Summer Event movie, making it fresh and in scale. I'm curious if the plot would revolve around the government/military trying to capture one Predator and eventually they do and Predator has to escape which would then lead to one final act. If the movie is called The Predator many are thinking it's going to be one Predator in it.

Anonymous

Anonymous

What do you mean terminator genisys us ?, it may not be a great movie but its a good movie, hell terminator 3's story was pretty pathetic its only the action that made that movie good. Put it this way if fox can secure a release in china then yes pay Arnold the money and don't release The Predator right next to another or a more likely huge box office draw movie, had paramount had any brains they wouldn't have released genisys with such a crowed theatre of movies showing and the domestic box office would have been bigger, Jurassic world made around 1.5 billon dollars and paramount cant work out that's why genisys expectations underperformed in the usa market, though im not thrilled about 50 cents possible involvement, if they could involvement the rock Dwayne Johnson with Arnold and there buddies too, yes this movie will be in event like what fox and Shane black want. 

Anonymous

Anonymous

This is getting better by the minute. Seriously I believe it will be a great sequel. Much better than AvP and Robert Rodriguez's abomination. Would be cool to have Dutch back with the right script.

Randomizer

I do like the fact that they decided to go this way. The Colonial Marines are a trademark of the Aliens universe, and if we were to have them into a Predator-only movie it would feel odd and unfinished. Considering that both universes are tied together now, having Predators in a future setting would result in an automatic inclusion of the Xenomorphs, like Xenomorphine said.

Sadly that's one problem the Predator franchise has to suffer (or has suffered before): we can either go back or maintain our course in the current timeline.

Whiskeybrewer

If they did go down the Future Predator route at some point, they cold easily set it some point before Alien in the Timeline, to get round that maybe

The Alien Predator

Or they could set it on a colony world somewhere with its own mercenary security force.

Also, doesn't the United Americas have its own army that is better equipped than the Colonial Marines? Why not have a Predator hunt on the futuristic Earth, hunting these better equipped soldiers?

Plus it'd show human advancements. Imagine this time we detect their ship enter the Sol system but it suddenly vanishes before we can do anything about it. Show how they are still a step ahead as soon as they realize they're busted.

DUB1

Quote from: Randomizer on Apr 16, 2016, 07:40:00 AM
I do like the fact that they decided to go this way. The Colonial Marines are a trademark of the Aliens universe, and if we were to have them into a Predator-only movie it would feel odd and unfinished. Considering that both universes are tied together now, having Predators in a future setting would result in an automatic inclusion of the Xenomorphs, like Xenomorphine said.

Sadly that's one problem the Predator franchise has to suffer (or has suffered before): we can either go back or maintain our course in the current timeline.

What? That's ridiculous. A Predator movie can easily be set in the future without involving the Aliens, the colonial marines, androids or the Engineers. And so what if the CMs (and/or androids) were involved but not the Aliens? It'd just be like Dutch's team but with pulse rifles, smart guns and possibly androids. It might even be set on Earth, allowing us to see what it is like in the Alien universe's future without requiring an Alien outbreak to happen.

Mister Skeezler

Just because the Predator is going to be set in modern day doesn't mean that Fox is against trying their hand at franchise building. They may be trying to be more thoughtful about how to bring AVP back in a cohesive way (probably not, but I'll try to be optimistic).

whiterabbit

I have to be honest, setting it in the present time is a safe bet if you're trying to lite the fire under this franchise. The only real question is if it should take place in an isolated area or a populated one. I think it would be more personal if the place was isolated.

overthere

It could start on populated area and transfer into isolated, or vice versa.

I may be biased, but I really like my idea of how the story should go. Predator is hunting somewhere, killed a bunch of people before they captured him with the assistance of Dutch. Once captured, they start studying him, but eventually he breaks out, kills another bunch of soldiers in the facility he was captured in, escapes into the open and the military is after him.

The part where the Predator is captured and studied is a great opportunity to learn more about them.

Ash 937

I still say they take this one to Manhattan. 

OR

Add some social commentary to the franchise and set it in the Middle East in the midst of the present-day ISIS/Syrian war.  The Predator would land, observe that there is no peace the region and then take it upon himself to assassinate leaders of factions that hinder the peace process.  Since they are all heavily guarded (and very wealthy) the Predator will face a unique challenge to reach each leader.  Suicide Bombers, Improvised traps, mines, exotic animals...these will all need to be faced!  The Americans and Russians canl make cameos too and for the showdown, the two nations would have to combine forces in the air and sea to defeat the predator.  The ground soldiers would all be Arabs allied with the Russians and Americans and fight the predator on the ground.  All will be united against one. common. enemy.

And once the Predator is destroyed, everyone will have peace amongst themselves and their neighbors. 

whiterabbit

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ash 937 on Apr 18, 2016, 01:51:36 AM
I still say they take this one to Manhattan. 

OR

Add some social commentary to the franchise and set it in the Middle East in the midst of the present-day ISIS/Syrian war.  The Predator would land, observe that there is no peace the region and then take it upon himself to assassinate leaders of factions that hinder the peace process.  Since they are all heavily guarded (and very wealthy) the Predator will face a unique challenge to reach each leader.  Suicide Bombers, Improvised traps, mines, exotic animals...these will all need to be faced!  The Americans and Russians canl make cameos too and for the showdown, the two nations would have to combine forces in the air and sea to defeat the predator.  The ground soldiers would all be Arabs allied with the Russians and Americans and fight the predator on the ground.  All will be united against one. common. enemy.

And once the Predator is destroyed, everyone will have peace amongst themselves and their neighbors.

Reminds me of the old Superman cartoon made in the 1940's where the Man of Steel fought the Japanese and even Hitler made a cameo.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: overthere on Apr 17, 2016, 02:07:06 PMI may be biased, but I really like my idea of how the story should go. Predator is hunting somewhere, killed a bunch of people before they captured him with the assistance of Dutch. Once captured, they start studying him, but eventually he breaks out, kills another bunch of soldiers in the facility he was captured in, escapes into the open and the military is after him.

Rambo: First Pred.

I'd actually be down with something along those lines though.

LordCassusSnow

Someone suggested Dutch hunting predators. Maybe a team is put together to hunt one and Dutch acts like a Ripley chatacter, there to advise until its time for him to kick ass? That'd be pretty wicked! By the way, for those who played concrete jungle, who was the guy at the end of the credits? I always wondered, ridiculous as it may sound, if that could be Peter Weyland now with a different hairstyle? The age would match up at concrete jungle is 2030 and Peter's TED talk was only in 2023. Unless he was confirmed as someone else?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed