Shane Black: Predator Sequel Will Be Set Present Day!

Started by Darkness, Apr 13, 2016, 09:13:19 PM

Author
Shane Black: Predator Sequel Will Be Set Present Day! (Read 20,806 times)

whiterabbit

Most sensible situation. The CIA contracts with the Predator to kill terrorist. Payment is in beef.

RakaiThwei

Does anyone feel that this could go back to the beginning? Like... we're about to come full circle with this movie?

Number13

Huh. When he described it as an "epic" was expecting a post-apocalyptic story where the humans have been driven nearly to extinction by the Predators and the last remaining survivors must survive after being hunted mercilessly by the Predators.

I'm being funny, that story probably would suck. It would be different.

Ash 937

I'd like a film where Dutch is a regular on the conspiracy theory circuit of talk shows and podcasts.  Generally he's rarely believed and mocked at by the public but he needs to keep telling his story because it's his appearances generate the only income that he makes.  He lives in an Airstream trailer and was dishonorably discharged from the military after he lost his crew in the original film. 

Then one day, people begin coming up on crime scenes that are eerily familiar to the ones that Dutch described for the original Predator.  Then, 50 cent shows up at his door one day with a fuzzy cell phone picture of what appears to be the Predator fleeing one of the crime scenes (he recognized Dutch from TV and tracked him down through linkedin).  50 Cent tells Dutch that he knows that the predator is real but that Dutch is the only man that would believe him.  Together, they assemble a rag-tag team of washed-up mercenaries and the team is eventually contracted by the US government to get the new predator...in present-day Manhattan.

That's how I think this movie should go.

whiterabbit

Why would he be dishonorably discharged? I mean even Keyes brought that up in Predator 2, so they know the shit that happened.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Ash 937 on Apr 14, 2016, 03:10:19 AM
I'd like a film where Dutch is a regular on the conspiracy theory circuit of talk shows and podcasts.  Generally he's rarely believed and mocked at by the public but he needs to keep telling his story because it's his appearances generate the only income that he makes.  He lives in an Airstream trailer and was dishonorably discharged from the military after he lost his crew in the original film. 

Then one day, people begin coming up on crime scenes that are eerily familiar to the ones that Dutch described for the original Predator.  Then, 50 cent shows up at his door one day with a fuzzy cell phone picture of what appears to be the Predator fleeing one of the crime scenes (he recognized Dutch from TV and tracked him down through linkedin).  50 Cent tells Dutch that he knows that the predator is real but that Dutch is the only man that would believe him.  Together, they assemble a rag-tag team of washed-up mercenaries and the team is eventually contracted by the US government to get the new predator...in present-day Manhattan.

That's how I think this movie should go.

That's not bad.  The bit about the conspiracy circuit.

Johnny Handsome

He basically told us the one thing about the script i thought was pretty certain.

As soon as word got around in Arnolds involvement there was pretty much no room for anything else but it being in the present. Hell, even when he told it's going to be a Sequel in 2014 it was safe that this wasn't going to be in the past, but here we are, people are surprised anyway.  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Apr 14, 2016, 06:54:47 AM
As soon as word got around in Arnolds involvement there was pretty much no room for anything else but it being in the present. Hell, even when he told it's going to be a Sequel in 2014 it was safe that this wasn't going to be in the past, but here we are, people are surprised anyway.  ;D

I don't think it's so much surprised as a tiny bit disappointed. You're completely right, of course. As soon as it was announced that they'd been talking the odds of it being anything other than modern day were practically nill.

Whiskeybrewer

I'm glad we have at least an idea of what to expect in the new film lol

happypred

South China Sea is set in present day and would make a great movie

Time setting of a Pred film is less important than place setting or story

Xenomorphine

Seemed like a given. If it was set in the past, it would have been announced as a prequel. If it was the future, it would either involve Colonial Marines (in which case, fan expectations would go through the roof that Aliens would be involved, making it more of an AVP film) or something so similar that they might as well be.

umfdude

umfdude

Yea always gotta love a good predator only sequel. Shyt Aliens is getting some love. Its going to be awesome. Really cant wait to see this. Mr Black seems very serious about making this a good film.

I hope that Alan Silvestri will do the score as they have a huge budget now. I was happy with the score from predators for the most part because it used music from the old predator one film.

Ok time to go see hardcore henry and come home to watch all 3 predator films :) never thought we would see a number 3. Took fox forever but i lived to see it :)

Infected

As long as he aint taking this to Syria or someplace hot and hostile,
like the jungle was back then.
A group of special forces in IS territory and the predator shows up LoL

DUB1

Why is this even news? The only time we even saw Predators in the past was in AVP, in those flashback sequences as well as that alternate beginning.

426Buddy

Quote from: DUB1 on Apr 15, 2016, 03:29:07 PM
Why is this even news? The only time we even saw Predators in the past was in AVP, in those flashback sequences as well as that alternate beginning.

A know lot of people were hoping for a film set either in the past or future, so its something people want to know.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed