Why do some people prefer Alien over Aliens?

Started by Aliens1986fanboy, May 03, 2020, 02:03:59 AM

Author
Why do some people prefer Alien over Aliens? (Read 36,049 times)

SM

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 08, 2021, 11:33:01 PM
I'm curious to learn why someone prefers Alien Resurrection or Prometheus over Alien / Aliens.

Might've been their entry point.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SM on Mar 08, 2021, 11:45:18 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 08, 2021, 11:33:01 PM
I'm curious to learn why someone prefers Alien Resurrection or Prometheus over Alien / Aliens.

Might've been their entry point.

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 08, 2021, 11:40:24 PM
Such people exist ?  ;D

I haven't participated in Scified for years, but there someone said he liked Prometheus and Resurrection better. Maybe SM is right about first movie experience in the IP.

Voodoo Magic

Prometheus perhaps I can orchestrate some logic behind taking that position possibly, but Resurrection I got nothing. :-\

Huggs

Why do some people prefer it?

Cause it's better.  ;D

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 08, 2021, 11:55:17 PM
I haven't participated in Scified for years, but there someone said he liked Prometheus and Resurrection better. Maybe SM is right about first movie experience in the IP.

I have made this claim repeatedly on dud accounts on several websites. Not saying I trolled you.

But I might have trolled you.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 09, 2021, 05:29:17 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 08, 2021, 11:55:17 PM

I have made this claim repeatedly on dud accounts on several websites. Not saying I trolled you.

But I might have trolled you.

Unless your trolling activities include shapeshifting yourself on a 19 years old Swedish girl nicknamed Feebs, I don't think so  :laugh:

Now I remember actually. The person was a moderator just like me at the time (2012).

https://www.scified.com/member/11211

My account there was shambs.

https://www.scified.com/member/1980

EDIT ~ I remember seeing your drawings outside of AVP Galaxy. It was there, wasn't it?

blackstarmbv

Personally, my reason for liking Alien more than Aliens is entirely based on aesthetics and personal taste. I think they're equal in quality, but Alien hits a certain spot for me, the cinematography, the set design, the slowly increasing tension. To this day, it's still one of the scariest films I've ever seen due to the steady build and the fact the intensity never really drops. The chase scene near the end is my favorite example,
Spoiler
even if Ripley's not actually being chased
[close]
, the way it's shot, the camerawork, the sound design, everything is tense and terrifying all the way to the end. I'm also more of a horror kind of guy in general, though I LOVE Aliens a LOT, I'm less of an action-horror guy and prefer pure, unfiltered terror to thrills. Both are still 10/10's from me, though.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 09, 2021, 07:11:47 AM
EDIT ~ I remember seeing your drawings outside of AVP Galaxy. It was there, wasn't it?

Nah, I only post art on accounts with the official [cb] branding, of which there are very few. But my stuff does show up in certain google image searches, and I've seen others repost it very, very occasionally.

Billiken

I still prefer the world building in Aliens but Alien is a science fiction masterpiece. I love this movie even more now.

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Billiken on Mar 18, 2021, 01:24:06 AM
I still prefer the world building in Aliens but Alien is a science fiction masterpiece. I love this movie even more now.

Absolutely, Aliens was a great action film but Alien was scary and intriguing.  It's one that you can't walk away from until it's over. 

BigDaddyJohn

Yeah two different movies, both great at what they do. Can't we just love them both equally for different reasons ?  ;D

AliceApocalypse

Indeed, they are both outstanding.

Voodoo Magic

Hear! Hear!

[cancerblack]

You can't do that, just go on the internet and be reasonable. Where are the insults, slurs and self righteousness?

BigDaddyJohn

:laugh:

There's plenty of that indeed ! No need for me to add more.  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed