Alpha Predator is in the game, possible next DLC

Started by PAS Spinelli, May 26, 2020, 11:47:19 PM

Author
Alpha Predator is in the game, possible next DLC (Read 18,402 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on May 27, 2020, 10:40:41 AM
Why I still haven't seen Voodoo's comment here?

Even if it's fake, it's damn well-made one.

My comment...

Quote from: Samhain13 on May 27, 2020, 12:47:09 AM
I really would prefer City Hunter, Wolf or predators from previous games than this.

I suspect a City Hunter drop will be timed with it's 30th Anniversary this November.

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on May 26, 2020, 11:47:19 PM
Seems like the last Neca figure made it into the game

Or is it..  did Neca build a Hunting Grounds character? 

Stick with me here.  I know the 100th figure rigmarole with Neca doing concept and design, but the Predator: Hunting Grounds game trailer dropped in May 2019, which means it was likely in development roughly a year prior. With the Keyes recordings, and now Dutch's recordings, Stargazer developments, OWLF history, the entire human side component of Predator lore has been a huge focus for the Illfonic developers BIG TIME...  so why not think Illfonic would give that same love and attention to the Predator side of lore?  So subsequently, 20th Century brings in Titan Books and Neca to come in and work with Illfonic, to partner up and flesh all this out, including having Neca develop the design of the very first Alpha Predator which would be used in game. So did Neca build, in essence, a Hunting Grounds character to be used in game? 

I'm not arguing the probability of this scenario, but at this point I guess I wouldn't dismiss it.

Dhowling

Dhowling

Interesting "backstory". they should have named him Cetanu.

Corporal Hicks

Sounds like it's been removed from the guy.

razeak

I'm digging it. The variety is nice. It's a game, so I'm not really concerned about lore too much.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: razeak on May 27, 2020, 02:13:18 PM
I'm digging it. The variety is nice. It's a game, so I'm not really concerned about lore too much.

Wut?!  It's canon dammit!!

P-willie2000

P-willie2000

Thanks for having me guys and trust me it's no fake maybe I'll show more footage?

SIR1U5

That looks awesome, will need to find out more about the character

Randizz7e

Won't lie. That back story is friggin awesome!! and makes me want to play as him! I cant wait!!

TheWonderfulOne

TheWonderfulOne

My friends and I were playing last night and we were killed by this Predator. I collect Predator figures soo I knew about this one being released I was just in shock because I didn't think it would be in the game!

Tatsumi

Tatsumi

Can you please make the new dlcs free for people plz

Corporal Hicks

You got free DLC - the Dutch's tapes. The weapons are also going to be free soon too. They're only early access.

Still Collating...

I'm in love with that backstory, I think it's perfect. Canon or not, it's official part of my own fanon now. All of the tapes have also been great. Even though PHG isn't perfect, I love how much they and Neca respect the lore with great expansions. Another case of the EU doing a better job than the recent movie. This unexpected and combined effort from Neca and Ilfonic is getting me excited about predator again.

HateCrime

HateCrime

A lot can be done to this game bigger Maps bigger PVP lobbies more integrated in PCS such as Prometheus other predators and also aliens please add in Xenomorphs we need Xenomorphs yesterday

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: HateCrime on May 28, 2020, 09:03:53 AM
A lot can be done to this game bigger Maps bigger PVP lobbies more integrated in PCS such as Prometheus other predators and also aliens please add in Xenomorphs we need Xenomorphs yesterday

Xenomorphs are under a separate license. They only have access to whatever falls under the Predator license. Weapons like Lex's spear are presumed fair-game (it appears in The Predator) but an actual Xenomorph would require going through Fox and they likely spend enough time on approvals. The current image of the DLC roadmap also doesn't really account for this and they are presumed to have about a year planned out so I'd imagine they'd wantto hit all the major beats before going into a seperate property.

June we can presume may be the Alpha Predator since it recently got leaked and the Alpha Predator figure releases in June.

July would be the 10th anniversary of Predators and the Falcon was discovered in the files

This leaves August which AVP was released in and we know about the shuriken already.

I just wouldn't expect Xenomorphs outside maybe a line of dialogue referencing them or something like Lex's spear. At best it's going to be weapons and armor based on AVP.

JokersWarPig

I wouldn't want to see Xeno's in this game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed