Started by BlueMarsalis79, Apr 12, 2021, 04:50:15 AM

Author
AVP 2 Cut Content (Read 6,603 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Good stuff:

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

The AVP mythology of this game is solid. A remake with current graphics would be sweet.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Nice.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Really cool, never saw that before.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 12, 2021, 05:25:28 AM
The AVP mythology of this game is solid. A remake with current graphics would be sweet.

If only...

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I really loved the expedition one storyline as a teen.  Wished it would've been a DLC.

Eisenberg could've sneakily killed off teammates to stay alive during the infestation. 

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I like that the VO does a "sane" version of Eisenberg here.

Vrastal

Vrastal

the eisengberd things were neat. Id love to see this remade with modern graphics as long as the gameplay was left unchanged

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

But make the Aliens substantially tougher, resources scarcer, and the Predator fun.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I hated it just missed the entry into the "physics" era of gameplay.  Seeing the same death animations over and over again bothers the shit out of me on replays. 

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Oh yeah and also do not blow up the Pods for no reason at the end.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 30, 2021, 12:35:02 AM
and the Predator fun.

You didn't think it was ?  :'(

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

No challenge at all, when for the majority of the campaign you basically have instant access to infinite energy and infinite health at the press of a button, making it boring quickly.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

True, it was more well balanced in the first AVP regarding energy and health. I thought there was an increase in challenge when you escape the pods though (oh fond memories) and crash in the moutains full of xenos. The sheer number of attackers kept me on my toes, not for very long I must admit, but still I remember that as a more challenging moment.

It could have been better if they threw more Predaliens and Praetorians at you. IIRC you encounter less of those than with the marine.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It needed to use a survival horror philosophy if you ask me. More's not the solution, if you think that, you have to take a good long look at AVP Primal Hunt.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Indeed, that game was a huge miss. But it's undeniably tougher to apply the survival horror recipe from the predator's point of view. I'd be down for a try though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed