The Lo-fi Sci-fi of Alien: Isolation Trailer

Started by ikarop, Apr 16, 2014, 02:03:18 PM

Author
The Lo-fi Sci-fi of Alien: Isolation Trailer (Read 26,607 times)

9th_Stew

Quote from: thecaffeinatedone on Apr 17, 2014, 02:52:00 PM
And still...no word on core gameplay and how they're not going to keep it from becoming repetitive and boring. Otherwise it'll just be a faithfully pretty turd.

this.

Seegson

Quote from: 9th_Stew on Apr 18, 2014, 09:50:39 AM
And still...no word on core gameplay and how they're not going to keep it from becoming repetitive and boring. Otherwise it'll just be a faithfully pretty turd.

this.

ACM this way ----->

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Apr 17, 2014, 04:55:46 PM

The same way the Witcher series and Dragon Age have replayability is what I assume, different roads.

Quoting for relevance, also probably the same reason I still play the original Dead Space to this day.

RagingDragon

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Apr 18, 2014, 11:39:57 AM

The same way the Witcher series and Dragon Age have replayability is what I assume, different roads.

Quoting for relevance, also probably the same reason I still play the original Dead Space to this day.

Erik... did you just quote yourself from one page back?

:laugh:

Think you're right, though. There's no way a game like this could be that linear, unless you have lots of different options within that linear framework.

szkoki

1. cool

2. im hoping for a hive scene in the game / or something derelict like,anyithing regarding space jocke technology

3. if these guys can deliver a decent horror game with an authentic atmoshpere with an alien wich is terrifiying wouldnt be cool to get back to the "shooter style" in a sequel like Aliens followed Alien but with still the horror elements heavily in it?

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: RagingDragon on Apr 18, 2014, 08:53:48 PM

Think you're right, though. There's no way a game like this could be that linear, unless you have lots of different options within that linear framework.
Shamelessly because they ignored the relevance of my reply, and yes exactly lol.

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Apr 18, 2014, 09:08:09 PM
Quote from: RagingDragon on Apr 18, 2014, 08:53:48 PM

Think you're right, though (dragon age, dead space was a great atmospheric game). There's no way a game like this could be that linear, unless you have lots of different options within that linear framework.
Shamelessly because they ignored the relevance of my reply, and yes exactly lol.

They're not even the same genre. And I'm primarily concerned because they aren't talking about the gameplay at all aside from "The Alien's intelligent...look at how randomly intelligent  it is....yeah...you've gotta hide from it <_<".

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

They've constantly talked about player pathways and how you deal with people on the station, sounds like it has player choice to me.

LastSurvivor92

I loved this trailer. I really like how committed the team over there in the UK is. They are really harnessing from the first film with true dedication. Looks good to me. Now release it  :laugh:

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Apr 19, 2014, 01:19:32 AM
They've constantly talked about player pathways and how you deal with people on the station, sounds like it has player choice to me.

Quoteconstantly....deal with people on the station...

Wait, when was this exactly? They've mentioned 'other threats' but haven't shown them off.

Most of this skepticism comes from Colonial Marines. A reasonable assumption to make, given what we were promised last time and what we got. I really, really, really don't want to end up hating this game, and I want to enjoy it. But it could very well all just be eye candy covering bad gameplay.

WinterActual

These games offer replayability because you can use different char build or companions, not just different dialogs. Things that alter the gameplay. In Isolation your choice will mostly be like between door A and door B. But your gameplay experience will be the same.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

That's my point though, you can't say it has no replayability when we barely have an idea of what it is.

And no I disagree with you on that, most people replay RPG's for the differences in story and choice.
For instance ME3 varies widely in gameplay but people were upset choices didn't.

WinterActual

I never said that people replay RPGs for differences in story. I said that they replay the games for the stuff that alters their GAMEPLAY experience. One time you can run mage but the next you may re roll with warrior, etc. A: Isolation is finish and forget, because your next playthrough will be basically the same, even if you go through different routes, the gameplay will be still exactly the same as the first time.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: WinterActual on Apr 20, 2014, 05:17:10 AM
I never said that people replay RPGs for differences in story. I said that they replay the games for the stuff that alters their GAMEPLAY experience. One time you can run mage but the next you may re roll with warrior, etc. A: Isolation is finish and forget, because your next playthrough will be basically the same, even if you go through different routes, the gameplay will be still exactly the same as the first time.

But they do play it for differences in story, not gameplay is what I'm saying.
That's why say... while TW2 is near enough the exact same gameplay experience every time, people replay it for the different pathways and choices.

And you can't say Isolation will be the same each time, you don't know yet but even if it is people still replay FEAR and Dead Space despite the only difference in those games being what tools and crafting you use.
Which A:I is confirmed to have.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed