CONFIRMED: Loosely based on the discarded script for Alien 3 by William Gibson.

Started by Sexy Poot, Sep 07, 2011, 02:46:15 PM

Author
CONFIRMED: Loosely based on the discarded script for Alien 3 by William Gibson. (Read 8,553 times)

Corporal Hicks

I'm very interested now. I wonder just how based on the script it is.

ikarop

This is from the August issue, right? I've been looking for these scans since I saw this last month. Glad to see someone finally got them today!

There seems to be an alternate version of the box art as well but it doesn't seem to be online anywhere. Just this.

Corporal Hicks

I much prefer the version we got in the release. That one seems too tacky.

Sexy Poot

Yeah it looks like they're shootin lasers or something.

Ash 937

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 07, 2011, 04:31:12 PM
I'm very interested now. I wonder just how based on the script it is.

Me too.  So much of what Gibson wrote never became part of the Alien mythology.  Fans that are not aware of his script would probably be upset if they saw marines get infected with a xenomorph from a microscopic spore.  And to be completely honest, so would I.

newbeing

Wow that sounds like Dreamcatcher or something :D

Terx2

Interesting.

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Sep 07, 2011, 06:46:10 PM
Yeah it looks like they're shootin lasers or something.

Star wars style ;D.

Corporal Hicks

Something about the Gibson elements makes me really excited. I'm really looking forward to this game.

Ash 937

Since GBX was involved in the production of this game I wonder how aware of Gibson's script they were and if any elements of it also made its way into A:CM as well.

newbeing

Was this the one with like 30 powerloaders fighting 30 queens or something?

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

William Gibson! My ears have perked up now

I'm probably more interested in Gibson talking about this game in some interview rather than the game itself

Sexy Poot

Awesome I was mentioned on the front page! thanks for the credit guys  ;D

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Sounds awesome. Another reason to look forward to this game.

goneja

I appreciate the fact that game is being made, but I can't help but feel all the hub-bub about them redesigning every inch of the Sulaco and using abandoned movie scripts was really worth the effort to throw it all into a mere game boy game. I would have had interest if this were even just a DLC game for the major consoles, but all and all I think its a big waste of effort. It certainly doesn't look that visually impressive, nor is the gameplay that visually compelling enough for me to buy a game boy to play it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed