Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2016, 08:05:41 PM

Author
Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death (Read 77,329 times)

Ultramorph

Dark Horse's July 2016 solicitations are up! I'm about to start work, so I can't break them down, but there is a big spoiler in the Prometheus solicitation, so beware.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/dark-horse-july-2016-solicitations-conan-bounty-black-hammer

Spoiler
We do indeed make our way back to LV-223!
[close]

HuDaFuK

Loving the cover to Defiance #4!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 13, 2016, 07:19:52 PM
Loving the cover to Defiance #4!

Indeed! That's quite a lovely one!

And Prometheus.

I'll share these on the front page tomorrow. I'm gonna be heading off to bed soon. It's been a busy news day.  :laugh:

426Buddy

426Buddy

Nice covers, I like them both. In the back of issue #2 of predator l&d stradley says the second series is aliens life and death and it comes out later this year. Im pretty sure Prometheus l&d is next right?

Maybe I read it wrong I'll check again.

@Hicks - Yeah it was! Crazy that we got news on pinball,  A:C, The Predator, and the comics today.

Ultramorph

Indeed, that Defiance cover is great. I'm getting more and more excited for that series the more I see!

On the Prometheus side of things, I can't wait
Spoiler
to see the Marines meet Ahab and try to attack him, with Galgo and Angela trying to break it up. Also, I hope Ahab meets some of the other Predators and puts them in their place. "Oh, you found an Engineer ship? I killed one of them!"  :D
[close]

happypred

Quote from: Ultramorph on Apr 14, 2016, 02:41:07 AM
Spoiler
to see the Marines meet Ahab and try to attack him, with Galgo and Angela trying to break it up. Also, I hope Ahab meets some of the other Predators and puts them in their place. "Oh, you found an Engineer ship? I killed one of them!"  :D
[close]

Ahab's appearance has not been confirmed, right?

Also...if I were Ahab, I would not be too proud of my Engineer trophy

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: happypred on Apr 14, 2016, 09:38:15 AM

No. But with...

Spoiler
Them heading to LV-223, Ahab probably hasn't left the moon.
[close]

426Buddy

Quote from: happypred on Apr 14, 2016, 09:38:15 AM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Apr 14, 2016, 02:41:07 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Also...if I were Ahab, I would not be too proud of my Engineer trophy

Wasn't the cleanest fight but he's probably the first predator to take down an Engineer and take a trophy of it, he should be proud. Also he killed and collected trophies of a lot nasty beasts on LV223, i'm sure he's feels accomplished lol.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: 420Buddy on Apr 14, 2016, 01:08:36 PM
Wasn't the cleanest fight but he's probably the first predator to take down an Engineer and take a trophy of it, he should be proud.

AvP Requiem would disagree!  :P

426Buddy

Really? i'm not super familiar with AvPR, did Wolf have a Engineer skull or somehting?

Corporal Hicks

There was a Jockey skull in the trophy room at the start of the film. It's hard to see. I'll try and find a picture.

LordCassusSnow

Did anyone ever give a date to the events in Predator Life and Death? I thought this would have taken place around the time of Isolation as Seegson is mentioned and colonization seems to be making its debut. If so, we'd be seeing LV-223 as it was in Prometheus and not as it was in Fire and Stone.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 14, 2016, 02:00:22 PM
There was a Jockey skull in the trophy room at the start of the film. It's hard to see. I'll try and find a picture.

Right hand side, top row, 3rd from the right.

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on Apr 14, 2016, 02:01:29 PM
Did anyone ever give a date to the events in Predator Life and Death? I thought this would have taken place around the time of Isolation as Seegson is mentioned and colonization seems to be making its debut. If so, we'd be seeing LV-223 as it was in Prometheus and not as it was in Fire and Stone.

It says at the front of the comic but I can't remember exactly. It's something like a year or two after the events of Fire and Stone.

Ultramorph

Yeah, Life and Death takes place 43 years after Aliens, and about a year after Fire and Stone, so in about 2222.

LordCassusSnow

Ah found it. Says a bit over a year so your correct. And its funny how wy's "New Worlds" initiative sounds like colonization has never been a thing. Also, kinda off topic, but if anyones read the comic AVP Thrill of the Hunt you'll notice an event called The Big Deletion where much of humanities history was lost. Ive always found that event to be significant to the fact that General Perez in Resurrection was not well informed to xeno encounters before and after Alien 3. The big deletion also fits with Tim Lebbons description of android events in Sea of Sorrows. I for one think it belongs in an official timeline. I even pegged a year, at least the last time humanity makes planetfall, 2285 ending roughly around the time Ripleys tissue samples were thawed out at Fury-161. This also gives legitimacy to all the newer stories involving WY and the military encountering the xeno's. Thoughts anyone?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed