ALIEN: Out of the Shadows (Novel 1)

Started by Darwinsgirl, Jun 01, 2013, 03:49:43 AM

Author
ALIEN: Out of the Shadows (Novel 1) (Read 147,990 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 02, 2016, 02:19:27 PM
I'm changing my surname to McClaren and sending her creepy fan mail :P

I fear authorities in the future will condemn us for not doing something about HuDa at this point.

Robot Sentry

This is pretty cool. I'm not a big audiobook fan, but when it has nice audio production value/sound effec and a full cast, it feels much more like the audio track from a film. This is something I'd love to see them do with more books instead of the regular old -- have one guy read the book-- kinda thing they do. Hopefully it will be a success and they'll do this same sort of treatment for some of the other Alien(s) novels.

This did get me to check out some stuff on Audible, since I do already own a Kindle...

FYI: the ALIENS ebook is on sale now for only 99 cents on Amazon.

I snagged it and added the audiobook narration for another $2.99. So together I got the Kindle ebook and the audiobook read by William Hope for only 4 bucks total. Not bad at all, especially considering that Mr. Hope's voice seems to be a great fit for the material, based on my few minutes of sampling the audiobook reading.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 02, 2016, 08:27:00 PMI fear authorities in the future will condemn us for not doing something about HuDa at this point.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Robot Sentry on Apr 03, 2016, 05:08:30 AM
I'm not a big audiobook fan, but when it has nice audio production value/sound effec and a full cast, it feels much more like the audio track from a film.

I find I sometimes lose interest when listening to straight up audiobooks but audio dramas/plays, what have you are much more interesting. I really hope this does well and encourages them to do more. Maybe even some original ones not based on the existing books.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 03, 2016, 01:19:38 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 02, 2016, 08:27:00 PMI fear authorities in the future will condemn us for not doing something about HuDa at this point.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:P

Corporal Hicks

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 31, 2016, 07:13:13 AMWe should hopefully be having a chat with Dirk Maggs, the director, at some point next month too.  :)

I've literally only just seen this bit, that's excellent news.

According to Audible, Mac McDonald (Simpson from the Aliens Special Edition) is also involved in this!

Corporal Hicks

Nice! He's getting around. Wasn't he also in Isolation?

HuDaFuK

Yeah, although I've no idea where. He was way down in the "additional voices" bit of the credits, so it might just've been generic background characters rather than anyone specific.

Looking back at the cast photo, it's fairly obvious he's the guy in the pink t-shirt. Didn't recognise him at first with a moustache!

Dean Learner

Can't wait for this. David Magg's adaption of Neverwhere was terrific and he can really direct actors and knows how to use audio to tell a story. It's great that he's playing in the Aliens universe.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 30, 2016, 09:41:57 PM
And some of the cast of the drama, including Andrea Deck.

Is it me or does the lass at the front look like the annoying squeeky girl from 2 Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps?

Yeah, it is. Kathryn Drysdale.

Corporal Hicks

I'm getting our interview questions ready for Dirk Maggs, the producer on the audio drama. If anyone has any specific questions they would like asking please let me know. I'd like to get the questions sent off within the next day or so.

HuDaFuK

I'd be interested to know how Rutger Hauer in particular came to be involved with the project.

Perfect-Organism

I'd be curious to find out about the following:

-Did they used any actual sounds from the movies and does that mean all Alien films were referenced?

-Are there plans for future Alien productions along these lines?

-Are there any plans for original Alien works (i.e. not based on any books)?

-How long did production take?

-Was the book abridged for the purposes of the recording, or was it changed at all?

-Is Dirk Maggs a big fan of Aliens?

-Any cool stories on how the sound effects were generated?

Corporal Hicks

Got most of those. Will add your one about original Alien works onto an existing though!  :) Anything else?

Mr. Clemens

Will there be a slight pause after the first two letters of every word that starts with the letter 'f'?  :D I keed, I keed.

Was there any part of the dialogue or recording that Fox ordered changed?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed