Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 218,823 times)

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: acrediblesource on Mar 04, 2013, 02:04:16 AM
Why is it that people are experiencing minimal bugs yet others are yelling from the rooftops how buggy the game is. I suppose some people might think 3 buggy instances are enough to get overly critical.

I can speak for myself, and I had nice Marine AI actually! Meaning that I even yelled at them for killing the Xenos off and not letting me kill them! I am serious! Other times, though, I would find myself killing the ones that sneaked up behind us and get attacked from behind, because my guys were doing God knows what! But I have to tell you, that I had minimal bugs as well! I played on the PC and I never had the troubles most of my fellow fans had! I know the consoles' version was troubled, but my PC one didn't have the Aliens dancing and doing weird stuff! Yes, they were always ignoring the other Marines to get to me, but I understood that, because otherwise, if my Marines were perfect, I would never even have time to get any! HAHAHAHA  Actually, O'Neal and Bella were quite useful... Sometimes, WAY too much! In some parts of the Wey-Yu facility outside levels, they annoyed me because I would go ahead and they would take care of the recycling Xenos that would show up... So, unless I moved on, They would stick in there forever killing Xenos...! I kid you not! So, I didn't have the AI problems other had, but I never said anything, because I saw the console version and often times, the console version is crappy with regards to the PC versions and some other times, the other way around...

SO, yes, I agree with you, acrediblesource... Having said that though, the game still has an awful story, the AI is sometimes chaotic, but that adds to the chaos of the battle... You never know whereas a Xeno is going to charge you or going for your teammates, and when you're fighting a Xeno, another comes back from behind you... BUt yes, I never experienced the incredible bugs some have reported, to be honest...

The Xenos look crappy, though... And the death animations, bleargh!

;)

PS - Having seen the Youtube videos, I am wondering if those AI problems weren't caused by Co-OP... I mean, there could be some AI tracking issues because of the programmers not factoring in your friends and the O'Neal AI, for instance... Just some random thoughts... :-\

Killa-Hawke

Killa-Hawke

Great Review Hicks!!!! you said it best in relating our feelings to a disappointed parent. Like many...i too was ecstatic about the possibility of this new and fresh Aliens game that would not only drop me into the shoes of my favorite marine but see the franchishe that i cherish and love come back like a pair of powerful slimy inner jaws. Having experienced  what was given to us as opposed to what was promised is heart breaking. We as fans deserve so much better and i really hope that Sega or whomever recogonizes the mistake they have made in underestimating us. Our power is in the power of "purchase" and i will use that power to never purchase anything from Gearbox. Depending on how Sega reacts, with determined how i feel about them

SuperM

SuperM

v good and honest review :'(

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

On consoles, I've experienced the no-weapon glitch, spawning in the floor, teleporting AI's, useless AI's that shoot right at an Alien and don't hit it for several minutes, hung up Aliens, dangling yo-yo dead Alien bodies, AI stuck on doors, AI stuck in hallway, and so much clipping it's not even worth mentioning.

Nothing was 'game breaking' after I figured out how to re-equip your weapons to get rid of the empty hand glitch, but it was so consistently inconsistent and buggy that it upheld it's lofty title as buggiest game I've ever seen. :-\

Mihail

Mihail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvJ5cjAE5RQ#ws
          Apparently Hitler doesn't like it either. 

Roargathor

Roargathor

That's dead on the money. :D

Elicas

Elicas

That clip gets trotted out for every fail over the last few years, I think it's applicable in any situation :D

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Elicas on Mar 05, 2013, 09:25:19 AM
That clip gets trotted out for every fail over the last few years, I think it's applicable in any situation :D

It's like the "Guile Theme Goes With Everything" videos. Sheer perfection.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Hitler videos are always hilarious. :D The Prometheus one had my friends and I rolling, god it was so good during those bleak days of post-movie misery, lol.

SM

SM

'Set up my Atari'  :D

Valaquen

Valaquen

This was probably the hardest article I've had to write for Strange Shapes. To quote Stephen King, typing it up was like "shoveling shit from a sitting position." I was so fatigued by reading through old Gearbox interviews (which were, in light of the game, full of blatant lies and false promises) that I couldn't bear to proofread this, so apologies in advance.

http://alienseries.wordpress.com/2013/03/06/aliens-colonial-marines/

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 06, 2013, 02:24:16 PM
This was probably the hardest article I've had to write for Strange Shapes. To quote Stephen King, typing it up was like "shoveling shit from a sitting position." I was so fatigued by reading through old Gearbox interviews (which were, in light of the game, full of blatant lies and false promises) that I couldn't bear to proofread this, so apologies in advance.

Quote"I did get to submit some canonical stuff about the life cycle of the Alien. I added to that in what I thought was a really clever way, and it's cool. I totally submitted shit that is now canonical Alien life-cycle stuff. I can talk at Comic-Con and be, 'Ha ha, I'm an expert! Me and like, two people!' No, it's f**king awesome."
~ Mikey Neumann, lead writer, destructoid.com, 2012

At least Mikey was quite candid about what we would be getting...  ;D

Valaquen

Valaquen

If only we were prepared to truly take him at his word! :P

SuperM

SuperM

havent seen hitler that pissed since sierra shut down the avp2 servers :P

SM

SM

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 06, 2013, 02:24:16 PM

The only possible typo I saw was hear - "(you can probably expect to be asked to play for DLC to explain the whole debacle)".

I think you mean "pay for DLC"?

Otherwise, an excellent summation.  I'm glad someone did it and that it wasn't me.

The honchos at Gearbox look unbelievably foolish.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed