SEQUEL NEWS: Fox Struggling with Hiring Writers

Started by Gazz, Mar 27, 2013, 05:50:54 PM

Author
SEQUEL NEWS: Fox Struggling with Hiring Writers (Read 59,311 times)

Blacklabel

... yet another variation of "people being hunted by a xenomorph"..

yawn.

genocyber

As opposed to what? Playing chess with them?

Infected

Lindelof should be smacked in the face.

ShadowPred

Quote from: Infected on Apr 10, 2013, 09:51:12 PM
Lindelof should be smacked in the face.

He ran away before anyone could.

Nightmare Asylum

There was no problem with Lindelof. He was able to achieve what was asked of him. His script just needed a rewrite or two to fix up a few things.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

A few?

cloverfan98

Lol OmegaZilla and Nightmare I'm always gonna be confusing you two with each other cause of your almost identical Avatars and Signatures! Anyway yeah I just don;t see where they could take this. Despite myself I do like Shaw, I have no desire to see Prometheus 2. Give me a proper Alien film. Don't make it a prequel, don't directly tie it in with any specific previous Alien film, and don't have an unecessary Ripley Knock off in the lead.

Darth Vile

Quote from: genocyber on Apr 10, 2013, 05:08:45 AM
Quote from: Darth Vile on Apr 09, 2013, 08:24:29 AM
Quote from: genocyber on Apr 09, 2013, 05:04:02 AM
It'd be interesting for the sequel that the ship is found drifting in deep space. A salvage crew boards it and finds Shaw had David are both dead, but the ship has a new variation of the xenomorph. Something that evolved from Shaw and meddling with alien technology.
Bu then it would just be another Alien movie with a slightly different looking (and lets be honest - inferior) xeno.
How would it be inferior? You could come up with a number of different things to the mix.
Inferior because whilst there's always room to explore new designs, nothing would match the beautiful nightmare of Giger's xeno design (IMHO). What are the "different things to the mix" you mention?. We've had marines, scientists/explorers, pyramids, exploding ships, penal colonies, xenos in water, xenos underwater, xenos in space, on Earth, in snow, cats, dogs, oxen... They've just about done everything...

Marlowe

Quote from: cloverfan98 on Apr 11, 2013, 05:19:05 AM
Give me a proper Alien film.

A proper alien film... :D
What exactly would it be?

Blacklabel

Quote from: Darth Vile on Apr 11, 2013, 06:30:04 AM
Inferior because whilst there's always room to explore new designs, nothing would match the beautiful nightmare of Giger's xeno design (IMHO).

Huante's designs were solid.. and definitely not inferior to Giger's original design. Ridley was a fool not to use them...

They need to explore and expand the mythos.. while leaving open many windows to do many different kinds of flicks in the universe :P You want your hard scifi horror flick? You can have it. You want an epic space opera nightmare-ish horror flick? You can have it as well.. Diversification is the only way this franchise will survive :P Keep it centered around horror, space and lovecraftian giger-influenced creatures... and you've got a lot to explore with those central elements :P

Predators could be added back into the fold in a tasteful way..but Robert Rodriguez is a hack.  :P

Cvalda

Quote from: Blacklabel on Apr 11, 2013, 04:56:25 PM
Huante's designs were solid.. and definitely not inferior to Giger's original design. Ridley was a fool not to use them...
Wut. His "ultramorph" designs were just slick, derivative copies of Giger's Necronom IV, and his deacon design looked like an angry mutant beluga whale :P He has nothing on Giger.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Of course it looked like Giger's Necronom IV... he was hired to do an Alien creature :P might as well go back to the source... still better than of ADI's "derivatives". :P

and "angry-boneless-mutant-beluga-whale-man-with-marfan-syndrome" is a more exact description :P bizarre looking... and elegant in a way. :P

Cvalda

Ugh, it's like Resident Evil shit or something. Pass :P

Blacklabel

whateverrrr  :laugh:

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 11, 2013, 05:15:23 PM

Ugh, it's like Resident Evil shit or something. Pass :P

Kinda looks like the film adaptation of DOOM or something. But to see a scene like this play out through Scott's lens and lights and with some clever editing (so we don't see too much) I'd give it a go.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed