The Reviews/Interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Feb 11, 2013, 02:17:39 PM

Author
The Reviews/Interviews Thread (Read 141,544 times)

Corporal Hicks

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Well written Hicks. I think you were quite fair to the game actually.

Though I do have to question one remark in the review. Wouldn't the last time we were in the derelict by from AvP 1999? The first marine level takes you through the original Jockey Ship.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Oh yes - I see what you mean. I'll amend that.

Predaker

Predaker

Thanks for the review!

One minor note about the dog tags, you can go to your service record and read little snippets of story for each dog tag after you find them. There are some interesting things to read. Some of it is corny.

demonbane

demonbane

Brandon Justice left EGM. The chief editor talked about this issue. I am sure the cause was his BS A:CM review.
The editor tried to defend him as much as possible, but there is not excuse.
There is so much you can defend one's opinion with "everyone has different opinion" argument.
When the reviewer outright lie about the game's technical flaw, he deserves every backlash.
His Halo 4 review was downright awful. It's like me complaining about COD for not diverse enemies.
Even though I don't like COD series, I wouldn't write such garbage review with too much of bias.
BTW, A:CM metacritic score went down with new low score from other foreign country.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

That's good to know since that review was horribly insane.

ShadowPred

QuoteThis week on Spoiled Games, we're spoiling ALIENS: COLONIAL MARINES, the early frontrunner for 2013's Disappointment of the Year. Adam Sessler is joined by Polygon's Reviews Editor Arthur Gies and Rev3Games' own Aliens-fanatic Max Scoville to go over just what's wrong with ACM, and whether we'll ever see the full potential of an Aliens game realized.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scq50BXd9bs#ws

9th_Stew

Why is he doing a shatner impression at the start?

listen to it again lol

Bounds34

Nice video, good find. This game is clearly not going to win game of the year, so where do I sign up to vote it for Worst game of the year? I feel like it should win something  ;D

WinterActual

Will There Ever Be A Great Aliens Games?

Made by mainstream corporate devs? No.

Deathly_rYaN

The Aliens trilogy for the PS1 is currently the best Aliens game out there.

I would take the handles for an Aliens game. As long as SEGA would be able to give 2-3 years in time to make it with others then yes. I love the franchise and I would never do something like Gearbox did.

demonbane

Quote from: Deathly_rYaN on May 01, 2013, 03:31:24 AM
The Aliens trilogy for the PS1 is currently the best Aliens game out there.

I would take the handles for an Aliens game. As long as SEGA would be able to give 2-3 years in time to make it with others then yes. I love the franchise and I would never do something like Gearbox did.
I disagree. Take a look at AVP2 and Capcom AVP arcade.

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed, I hope the upcoming one is the best yet.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed