"Doesn't Everyone Want Their Parents Dead?" Prometheus 10th Anniversary Retrospective - AvP Galaxy Podcast #147

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 15, 2022, 04:44:41 PM

Author
"Doesn't Everyone Want Their Parents Dead?" Prometheus 10th Anniversary Retrospective - AvP Galaxy Podcast #147 (Read 18,634 times)

Kradan

Wait, what ? Acidic saliva ? How does that make sense ? If Big Chap had that Nostromo would be a piece of Swiss cheese in an hour or less

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 27, 2022, 06:48:58 AMWait, what ? Acidic saliva ? How does that make sense ? If Big Chap had that Nostromo would be a piece of Swiss cheese in an hour or less
Big Chap didn't have it but the Runner and the Resurrection Aliens did

SiL

Kradan

I thought they were able to spit their blood but fair enough

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on Jul 27, 2022, 09:19:01 AMOnly when spitting.
Where does one spit from?  :P

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 27, 2022, 09:21:42 AMI thought they were able to spit their blood but fair enough
I mean it could be, I don't really partake in trying to make sense of the entire film canon as I employ separate timelines

SiL

You know well enough that not everything in nature that is (seemingly) spat is saliva.

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on Jul 27, 2022, 10:19:22 AMYou know well enough that not everything in nature that is (seemingly) spat is saliva.
nor is it necessarily blood either

ModMonkey

ModMonkey

Quote from: NecronomIV on Jul 21, 2022, 05:18:20 AMI will say that when I watched this with my wife, who is a microbiologist and ecologist among other things, I was surprised she didn't mention Milburn's rather naive approach to the Hammerpede, and when I quizzed her about it she said "No... that's about right. A lot of people in the sciences aren't actually that sensible or bright."

Here's a joke: "What do you call someone who got 51% on their medicine exam?"
Answer: "Doctor"

I kind of love this.😂

xShadowFoxX

Listened to it again.. still love it. :3 Love the shade.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jul 27, 2022, 02:37:25 PMnor is it necessarily blood either

Venom. Like certain snake species that can spit their venom. Neither saliva nor blood.

OmegaZilla

Quote from: OpenMaw on Sep 22, 2022, 01:59:18 AMVenom. Like certain snake species that can spit their venom. Neither saliva nor blood.
I didn't think about venom, certainly doesn't seem to work rapidly if it were the case - although Christie deemed his sacrifice the most viable option.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed