"That’s in process" - Ridley on Next Alien Prequel

Started by Stolen, Sep 02, 2020, 07:24:59 PM

Author
"That’s in process" - Ridley on Next Alien Prequel (Read 64,342 times)

Stolen

QuoteThat's an approach Scott is using in the evolution of the wildly successful and largely acclaimed Alien franchise. To date, it has grossed over $1.3 billion at the worldwide box office. The most recent installment was 2017's Covenant, but Scott's confirmed another film is still in the works.

"That's in process. We went down a route to try and reinvent the wheel with Prometheus and Covenant," he enthused. "Whether or not we go directly back to that is doubtful because Prometheus woke it up very well. But you know, you're asking fundamental questions like, 'Has the Alien himself, the facehugger, the chestburster, have they all run out of steam? Do you have to rethink the whole bloody thing and simply use the word to franchise?' That's always the fundamental question."

Forbes

Voodoo Magic

Good news?  Hard to tell:

Quote"That's in process."

Sounds good, but...

QuoteWe went down a route to try and reinvent the wheel with Prometheus and Covenant," he enthused. "Whether or not we go directly back to that is doubtful

So it's "doubtful". Bad news.

Quotebecause Prometheus woke it up very well.

Woke what up? What does that even mean?

QuoteBut you know, you're asking fundamental questions like, 'Has the Alien himself, the facehugger, the chestburster, have they all run out of steam?

The beast is dead again...

QuoteDo you have to rethink the whole bloody thing and simply use the word to franchise?' That's always the fundamental question."

Okay, I am no more the wiser...

Nightmare Asylum

Ridley what does any of those words even mean? :D

Immortan Jonesy

I think Ridley is trying to tell us something   :-X

"That's in process. We went down a route to try and reinvent the wheel with Prometheus and Covenant," he enthused. "Whether or not we go directly back to that is doubtful because Prometheus woke it up very well. But you know, you're asking fundamental questions like, 'Has the Alien himself, the facehugger, the chestburster, have they all run out of steam? Do you have to rethink the whole bloody thing and simply use the word to franchise?' That's always the fundamental question."

Edit - Thanks for the link @Evanus

Voodoo Magic

Nightmare Asylum

Maybe the coded message can be decrypted in Raised by Wolves tomorrow...

Evanus

... Yeah I'm confused lmao

"Whether or not we go directly back to that is doubtful because Prometheus woke it up very well"

"simply use the word to franchise?"

David Weyland

At least the thought to fulfil a will to making the 3rd prequel by the director is reassuring

Nightmare Asylum

I almost feel like he's suggesting removing "Alien" from the title of the next film, and loosening some of the direct connective tissue while still very much setting it in that world a la Prometheus?

Immortan Jonesy

That makes sense. And if another prequel is still possible, I don't think Disney will let him do what he wants. But maybe after Covenant's box office, he has restored his thinking about expanding the universe around the Alien.

Nightmare Asylum

However this pans out, and whatever it is, exactly, that he means here, knowing that this thing is still alive in his mind at least is reassuring.

Immortan Jonesy

Yes. It's nice to hear it after so much bad news from movies and geek world in general. I hope Disney lets him finish his story. His ideas are quite interesting. The problem is that he seriously need a good screenwriter to make them justice. Plus, Disney empire...

Nukiemorph

Confusing.

Whatever, just get this shit done, you lovable lunatic.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed