Alien: Awakening takes place between Prometheus and Covenant?

Started by Mala'kak, Jun 10, 2020, 07:41:47 AM

Author
Alien: Awakening takes place between Prometheus and Covenant? (Read 7,286 times)

Drukathi

Quote from: bb-15 on Jul 20, 2020, 07:18:14 AM
First, Scott had speculated about the Space Jockeys over the years starting with the first DVD commentary for "Alien".
- He said that the Juggernauts/Derelict were warships; bombers in space. How that worked was shown by David in "Covenant".

I was pleasantly surprised that this was implemented in the Covenant. But can you imagine the same with the original idea, without breaking your mind? Bombing ovomorphs instead of ampoules. The eggs descend to the planet's surface in ordered rows, like a DNA double helix? Or even without a gravitational elevator, they fall onto the planet's surface from a height of several hundred meters. ;D Will they shatter on impact or bounce off like a rubber ball?

bb-15

Quote from: Drukathi on Jul 23, 2020, 01:22:34 PM
Quote from: bb-15 on Jul 20, 2020, 07:18:14 AM
First, Scott had speculated about the Space Jockeys over the years starting with the first DVD commentary for "Alien".
- He said that the Juggernauts/Derelict were warships; bombers in space. How that worked was shown by David in "Covenant".

I was pleasantly surprised that this was implemented in the Covenant. But can you imagine the same with the original idea, without breaking your mind? Bombing ovomorphs instead of ampoules. The eggs descend to the planet's surface in ordered rows, like a DNA double helix? Or even without a gravitational elevator, they fall onto the planet's surface from a height of several hundred meters. ;D Will they shatter on impact or bounce off like a rubber ball?

Thanks for that. Until your comment I had never specifically imagined how the Space Jockeys would literally bomb a planet using some stage of the Xenomorph lifecycle. Bouncing eggs/ovomorps could look comical (something like this in our world was seen with a couple of bouncing Mars landers).

It's these concepts at the early storyboard stage when a filmmaker has to decide what makes the most sense on screen; visually and financially.
Over the years, as a bomber payload, the idea of the black goo works better as a weapon of mass destruction as well as being less expensive to film.

Honestly, years ago when I learned of Ridley's original bomber idea, I didn't think he thought that Xenomorphs were being thrown onto a planet from space but instead I thought that the Space Jockeys would land, open the hatch and then turn the Xenomorphs loose.

Thanks again for a fun post. ;)

Ingwar

Alien: Awakening doesn't exist, so it isn't before, between or after anything.

Kradan

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Yeah, at least with stuff like the wooden planet you have a script or something. This is just an ethereal dream.

Kradan

Kradan

Nah, I'd say third prequel has higher chances being made than Alien movie about about wooden planet filled with monks

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Interview with creature designer/concept artist Carlos Huante by Whos Nick. Haven't had the time to listen to the entire interview yet (over an hour) but apparently Carlos touches on Alien: Awakening as well as Prometheus and Alien: Covenant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQXpieUhrTQ

Nightmare Asylum

Thanks for the link, I'll be listening to this soon!

Evanus

Might have missed some, but basically he heard from Arthur Max they're still working on the script but it's not a priority for Ridley because he's so busy. I hope that's still the case, at least it hasn't been cancelled by disney if so.

bb-15

Quote from: Evanus on Sep 24, 2020, 10:07:59 PM
Might have missed some, but basically he heard from Arthur Max they're still working on the script but it's not a priority for Ridley because he's so busy. I hope that's still the case, at least it hasn't been cancelled by disney if so.

Working on a script means a movie is in what's called 'turn around'. A film can be in 'turn around' for many years.
- Anyway, the fate of the franchise is all up to Disney.

;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed