Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers*

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 17, 2017, 10:11:32 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers* (Read 389,335 times)

bobby brown

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 22, 2018, 03:11:21 PM

QuoteFound this one in an old folder today. A Re-jig of exisitng HGR art depicting Shaws demise. This was when the order was given to directly reference and even use Gigers work, a directive that changed (back to being exclusivley original art) a few days later.

https://www.facebook.com/hallett.dane/photos/a.1443279082389175.1073741840.801247429925680/1716184765098604/?type=3&theater

This is just tasteless.

Wweyland

That is pretty bad and tasteless. It is way worse what Hicks and Newt got. Getting raped to death by a space dildo seems like the biggest "f**k You" you can give to a character. Wonder what Noomi Rapace would have thought of that (lawsuit?).

The movie surely was missing Gigerish design, but this is just too much. I wonder if they toned down on the Giger stuff after artists went overboard with designs that would have never been approved for the film.

Corporal Hicks

ChrisPachi

QuoteCF: What was the inspiration for the shower scene?

WH: T&A as far as I can tell...

Burn!

HABIT

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Feb 28, 2018, 10:18:17 AM
QuoteCF: What was the inspiration for the shower scene?

WH: T&A as far as I can tell...

Burn!
T&A?

Corporal Hicks

Scorpio

The nudity is not gratuitous or exploitative, though.  The point of that scene was to show how the mechanised form of reproduction replaces the covenant of marital union, by transposing the usual method of penetration.  This is not about conservative morality like Friday the 13th, where young people get punished for having pre-marital sex or engaging in other illicit behaviour.  They are a married couple fulfilling their duty to 'be fruitful and multiply' (Genesis 9:7).

skhellter

:laugh: We almost got a Live Action adaptation of the Legend of the Overfiend masquerading as an Alien film.   :laugh:

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

Apparently, these are a handful of shots from deleted ambient transitions /scenes from the ship.

QuoteLead texture spaceship and solar sails
Created procedural textures and mari archive to share for the team to be able to texture the ship fast and on target lookdev wise. Textured 80% of the ship.
Thanks to my amazing team on the ship! Isabelle Mainville, Nesta Smith and Adam Goldstein.
Also thanks to the amazing modelers on the Covenant and the awesome DMP team for breathtaking cloudspaces and space vistas.
EcoSuit Textures by Isabelle Mainville.
Spaceship / Sail and EcoSuit lookdev by Bruno LaFlamme.
Coffin Pod textures by myself and lookdev by Bruno LaFlamme.
Ingestion of MPC's Lander and lifter done by myself on the texture side / redid and repurposed all maps and iso from MPC to fit out pipeline. Lander and Lifter lookdev done for framestore's shots by Bruno LaFlamme.

At the very bottom, referring to these
QuoteFrom deleted scenes

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/0VJ28

Also, I haven't seen it in a while, but this seems to be a gif of one of the deleted scenes/transitions in question.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/o10bW

NetworkATTH

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 10, 2018, 04:15:20 PM
^
That shot is in the film.
ah

Well, apparently the others aren't.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Can't remember if this one has been posted or not.

MU-TH-UR 6000

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 12, 2018, 08:18:38 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BgNpcS8HYXq/?tagged=aliencovenant

Frickin' eww. Then again, it's the good kind of eww, kinda wish they didn't tone down this scene and went more bonkers with it like pic related. The screams the actor was making were amazing and deserved a more mouth-blowing conclusion.

SM

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed