Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers*

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 17, 2017, 10:11:32 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers* (Read 395,282 times)

Corporal Hicks

banecat

that external shot of the temple reminds me of moebius' artwork for alien

Rabbit2100

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 30, 2017, 07:48:47 AM
You mean this one? (stolen from WY-Bulletin)
YAAAAAS

Thats the one. We were rolling laughing at this, i can't believe that suit was in front of a camera. Let alone published in the making of book.

Game_Over_Man

The love the Orrery / Space Jockey chair.

I love what could've been done to Shaw. I wish they's kept her alive just long enough so we could witness the horror of David making her the first Queen.

CainsSon

One of the biggest disappointments I had with this movie, is the idea that we get to see the 'Planet of the Engineers' and never actually get a f**king good look around.
Such a wasted opp.

Glaive

I'd like to know how the juggernaut crashed in the trees...and why...

Anyone know?

BR1XER

Just my imagination, or are there Pulse Rifles/Smartguns/Incinerators and another unidentified weapon on that rack?

Sabres21768

Quote from: Rabbit2100 on May 30, 2017, 03:43:56 PM
YAAAAAS

Thats the one. We were rolling laughing at this, i can't believe that suit was in front of a camera. Let alone published in the making of book.
Why?
It's obvious that it was meant to give actors something to act against and for motion capture.
That's why it's not a "film grade" suit.
Otherwise it would have just been a tennis ball on a stick.

Rabbit2100

Quote from: Sabres21768 on May 30, 2017, 10:08:57 PM
Quote from: Rabbit2100 on May 30, 2017, 03:43:56 PM
YAAAAAS

Why?
It's obvious that it was meant to give actors something to act against and for motion capture.
That's why it's not a "film grade" suit.
Otherwise it would have just been a tennis ball on a stick.

Because its lazy. It showd just how little care went into the suit. The only thing that isn't "film grade" is that mile wide seam. It honestly seems like it would be more of a pain in the ass to digitally paint over it.

I just feel like they could have done more work in camera, like yeah digital painting and 3dprinting props is the rage right now, but i can't help but feel that this suit could have benefitted from being ran in silicone and all the possibilities that change would afford.

C91_SJ

Quote from: Glaive on May 30, 2017, 08:43:38 PM
I'd like to know how the juggernaut crashed in the trees...and why...

Anyone know?

Spoiler
iirc in the novel David mentioned it did not crash, but he landed it (poorly though).
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

https://www.facebook.com/oddstudiopl/photos/a.815148165299226.1073741842.112871958860187/825590047588371/?type=3&theater&notif_t=notify_me_page&notif_id=1496055441864513

Quote1x Alien Covenant Egg room floor dressing. It was one of the "roots" from the face hugger eggs. They can be seen in the image of the Egg Room. It's approx 55cm/22" x 40cm/16" in size. Some sort of foam / latex construction. This is the only item I have available from Alien. Location: Australian but can post at buyers cost.

From a Movie Prop group on Facebook.

cliffhanger

looks like a colon

Corporal Hicks

Forgive the poor snipping, I'm tired and cba to find the right links in the source code: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/05/30/behind-the-scenes-of-alien-covenant

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

QuoteAlien - Early cathedral study. Ridley wanted to pursue monumental spire structures. This was later developed into a more totemic and simplified form language.

Awesome bunch of Shaw illustrations from Matt Hatton. I'm gonna try and find the individual files in the code shortly. https://www.instagram.com/p/BUuI8StFe2R/

Also Dane Hallet is now on IG and has some great set pictures on here. https://www.instagram.com/dane_hallett_art/

bobby brown

GREAT PICTURES. tHANK YOU ALL :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed