Prometheus FanArt

Started by Darkoo, Mar 04, 2011, 08:37:12 PM

Author
Prometheus FanArt (Read 517,013 times)

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

You are the god Darkoo. Very impressive.

Glaive

Glaive

Is this a 'Hellraiser/ Prometheus' crossover??

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Darkoo on May 11, 2012, 09:04:25 AM
http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=11&q=prometheus#/d4zcmi9

Awesome.  This is probably exactly how they look in the film, sans mask.  I'm curious to see how they move and how they are in general.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: zuzuki on May 10, 2012, 01:31:02 PM
  I'm not bothered by all of this ''how things look'' think.I know that those sets were designed 20-30 years ago and reflected the way people thought the future will lookand what the tehnology would be. It's normal we get a re-design  and a more sleeklook now based on what we know about the direction of future tehnology. And who knows in , say 2080 how things will really look and how people will envision the future then. Sincerely i would have been dissapointed if they would have kept ecrything retro, just to keep it consistent with the first movies.
   I'm more insterested in the primary plot points and how they managed to link things up, not how a computer looks, or a space ship. Imagine how it would be if in this movie we would see those old monitors from alien, or the cast running around the planet alien in those big bulky suits carying big harware-just NO

I've said before that this goes without saying, but that the technological stuff becomes an issue when trying to view the entire saga as a single continuity.

If you just watch it on its own, it's fine. When you try to reconcile it with the others, it looks out of place.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 13, 2012, 12:46:23 PM
Quote from: zuzuki on May 10, 2012, 01:31:02 PM
  I'm not bothered by all of this ''how things look'' think.I know that those sets were designed 20-30 years ago and reflected the way people thought the future will lookand what the tehnology would be. It's normal we get a re-design  and a more sleeklook now based on what we know about the direction of future tehnology. And who knows in , say 2080 how things will really look and how people will envision the future then. Sincerely i would have been dissapointed if they would have kept ecrything retro, just to keep it consistent with the first movies.
   I'm more insterested in the primary plot points and how they managed to link things up, not how a computer looks, or a space ship. Imagine how it would be if in this movie we would see those old monitors from alien, or the cast running around the planet alien in those big bulky suits carying big harware-just NO

I've said before that this goes without saying, but that the technological stuff becomes an issue when trying to view the entire saga as a single continuity.

If you just watch it on its own, it's fine. When you try to reconcile it with the others, it looks out of place.

That's why Lindelof and others have been saying "it's an original science fiction piece, but operates in the same trade."

Space Sweeper

Feral_PRED

Feral_PRED

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: Jenga on May 09, 2012, 12:28:26 AM
Would people be interested in more sculptures of creatures once the movie comes out? I can happily oblige as the people here would appreciate something like that.
I would love that! Beautiful work.

Quote from: Glaive on May 13, 2012, 09:28:36 AM
Is this a 'Hellraiser/ Prometheus' crossover??
More like prometheus/star wars

Vickers

Vickers

Saw this AWESOME Alien-Prometheus crossover trailer on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJcwLaeXWQA#ws

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

The music isn't synched up to well with the video's visuals...there was a similar trailer that was cut beautifully with Prometheus' music. That wasn't it :(

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 16, 2012, 11:31:12 AM
The music isn't synched up to well with the video's visuals...there was a similar trailer that was cut beautifully with Prometheus' music. That wasn't it :(

Let's agree to disagree. ;) I know which video you're talking about and I agree that one is beautiful too.  They're both equally amazing.

Alien³

Alien³

I had a nightmare last night where I was one of the crew on board the Prometheus! In my dream the Space Jockey alien managed to get on board and start killing the crew. It chased me down a corridor and into a cargo hold where it stalked me. Man it was horrific and scary. Here is my quick sketch of what the SJ Xenomorph looked like.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

That's actually really interesting, and quite creepy. Cool stuff.

FUBAR1945

FUBAR1945

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed