Started by Darkoo, Mar 04, 2011, 08:37:12 PM

Author
Prometheus FanArt (Read 517,263 times)

Feral_PRED

Feral_PRED

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 09, 2012, 08:29:30 AM

I like how everyone forgets the relevant technology present in three entire sequels - 'tis a most enjoyable game of forgetful memory and misdirection!

Three sequels set long after ALIEN that all have technology that looks decidedly less advanced than a space tug. Still, it's makes them easier to forget.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Alienhunter15 on May 10, 2012, 12:53:02 AM

That picture is amazing...

Quote from: Gash on May 10, 2012, 01:06:59 AM
Three sequels set long after ALIEN that all have technology that looks decidedly less advanced than a space tug. Still, it's makes them easier to forget.

You're free to think that if you'd like (I'd disagree, but each to their own). However, Hudson points out the stuff on the Sulaco is literally "state of the art" and the 'space tug excuse' certainly can't be applied to Gateway Station - where Weyland-Yutani executives and other government officials seem to happily frequent. :)

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

The tech in Resurrection looks pretty archaic as well....as if it all reverses course and gets less sophisticated. In comparison, Prometheus seems to right that wrong.

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

With only three weeks until release (in the UK), I'm expecting that we're not gonna be getting any more posters. I'm partially disappointed. I like that there is just one - but I was hoping for a few more posters - I'm a collector of movie posters and was hoping to have a couple of great posters for Prometheus. Still got three weeks though - hopefully one or two more will come out.

zuzuki

zuzuki

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 10, 2012, 03:39:41 AM
Quote from: Alienhunter15 on May 10, 2012, 12:53:02 AM

That picture is amazing...

Quote from: Gash on May 10, 2012, 01:06:59 AM

You're free to think that if you'd like (I'd disagree, but each to their own). However, Hudson points out the stuff on the Sulaco is literally "state of the art" and the 'space tug excuse' certainly can't be applied to Gateway Station - where Weyland-Yutani executives and other government officials seem to happily frequent. :)
I'm not bothered by all of this ''how things look'' think.I know that those sets were designed 20-30 years ago and reflected the way people thought the future will lookand what the tehnology would be. It's normal we get a re-design  and a more sleeklook now based on what we know about the direction of future tehnology. And who knows in , say 2080 how things will really look and how people will envision the future then. Sincerely i would have been dissapointed if they would have kept ecrything retro, just to keep it consistent with the first movies.
   I'm more insterested in the primary plot points and how they managed to link things up, not how a computer looks, or a space ship. Imagine how it would be if in this movie we would see those old monitors from alien, or the cast running around the planet alien in those big bulky suits carying big harware-just NO

Zenzucht

Zenzucht

Case closed.

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

Credits: Signalstarr on FlickR.

Credits: Yann Valeani

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

LOVE the engineer conceptual drawing, with the exception of the legs which are out of proportion to the calves. That's a minor tweak. Bravo!

r888

r888

xii22loop

xii22loop

Signalstarr's 70's Prometheus poster always slays me.

GODDAMNIT thats what the Engineer head should look like under the suit. GODDAMNIT.

r888

r888

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed