Alien Covenant: Official Collector's Edition

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Jan 16, 2017, 11:20:13 PM

Author
Alien Covenant: Official Collector's Edition (Read 34,654 times)

426Buddy

Quote from: locusta on Apr 14, 2017, 05:45:22 PM
Quote from: felix on Apr 09, 2017, 09:22:18 AM
https://bnccatalist.ca/images/catImages/title/401145/9781785861925.jpg

https://bnccatalist.ca/ViewTitle.aspx?id=8192807

How do you minimise the image?

WHHHAAAT!  That can´t be official. Looks freaking terrible! A Photoshoped catastrophy! Looks like stitched together from random Alien and muscle parts. Hell NO!

I know it, why can't they just hire you for some nice covers? While we're at it, Titan desperately needs your help as well lol, their covers are the worst.

locusta

Nah, not talking about me at all. Just an observation that this simply can´t be legit or at least not a final cover. Might be a concept for it. It is not even the Xeno from movie. And for official concept art for the film, it is not of the standard, used to be known from the artists involved in making it.

426Buddy

Quote from: locusta on Apr 14, 2017, 06:49:56 PM
Nah, not talking about me at all.

Yeah I know but a guy can dream right? :)

But yeah that cover looks all wrong.

Corporal Hicks

The Comic Store version is out now. Here's a snap of some of the artwork via Will Robbie of the Weyland-Yutani Bulletin.

Spoiler
[close]

Corporal Hicks

I'm about halfway through. It's nothing massively special. Pretty standard interviews with the cast. Some nice stills though which I need to scan up properly. Only real interesting thing I've read so far has been Fassbender talking David's motives for
Spoiler
killing Shaw.
[close]

BonesawT101

Is there a comic in the collector's book?

Corporal Hicks

Russ840

So is it looking like the one to get is the 'Art and Making of' book that's coming soon instead of this. 

Mr. Clemens

In my experience, anything that says 'Collector's Edition' right on it is usually pretty useless.

HuDaFuK

So I'm sure I've asked this before, but what actually is the difference between the two?

Corporal Hicks

Between this and the Art Of?

HuDaFuK

Yeah, seeing as both are apparently about the making of the film.

Corporal Hicks

I'd guess the Art of would be more focused. This one has mainly cast interviews with some bts and concept art. I'll be posting some scans of the images later tonight.

HuDaFuK

Fair enough.

It all made sense when one was an art book and the other was about the making of the film, but now the art book has changed it's title and is apparently also about the making of the film.

I guess its like when Aliens had those two making-of magazines with deceptively similar titles.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 22, 2017, 09:56:43 PM
It all made sense when one was an art book and the other was about the making of the film, but now the art book has changed it's title and is apparently also about the making of the film.

Didn't we hear that when the film's (and Art Of book's) release dates were pushed to May, they ran out of time to interview the actual concept artists? So I suppose they've had to pad the book with 'Making Of' material so there'd be some sort of text.

Pity, I'd have happily waited 'til October for a better, dedicated art book.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed