AvP Article in Sci-Fi Magazine

Started by Darkness, Jun 22, 2004, 09:44:59 PM

Author
AvP Article in Sci-Fi Magazine (Read 27,405 times)

Darkness

Darkness

As you may know, a while ago I told you there was a new article in August’s issue of Sci-Fi Magazine and Renegade, over at Gamegossip, has posted the ‘important parts’ of the interviews with Lance Henriksen and Paul Anderson. Here’s an extract:

“Inside the vaunted pyramid lies a series of chambers–Entrance Chamber, Chamber of the Gods, Sacrificial Chamber, Hieroglyphics Chamber, Staircase Chamber, Fight Chamber, Bone Chamber–all of which are bad news for the unlucky adventurers who’ve stumbled upon the domain. The Fight Chamber is the locale for the first big battle between the two creatures.”

I’ve included the parts that Renegade posted on the next page.

— Article —

“This Bishop is the father of modern robotics, which means that the Bishop we saw in ‘Aliens’–over 100 years in the future–was built in Weyland’s image. In the film, Weyland’s dying, and, facing the end, he wants to leave some kind of legacy behind, like most billionaires. He’s a good guy in the film, and the role forced me to try and imagine what it’s like to be a billionaire. Weyland wants immortality, which explains why a robot–centuries from now–would feature his image and would be named Bishop. He lives forever.”

Anderson doesn’t want ‘Alien vs. Predator’ to deal too deeply with the origins of either monster, but feels that audiences will identify more clearly with the Predators, who are much more heroic than the slimy Aliens.

Inside the vaunted pyramid lies a series of chambers–Entrance Chamber, Chamber of the Gods, Sacrificial Chamber, Hieroglyphics Chamber, Staircase Chamber, Fight Chamber, Bone Chamber–all of which are bad news for the unlucky adventurers who’ve stumbled upon the domain. The Fight Chamber is the locale for the first big battle between the two creatures.

What’s going to happen is that you’ll see a real Alien and a real Predator, but some of the parts will be CGI-created, like the Alien tail. We couldn’t puppeteer the Alien’s tail, so what you’ll see is a real Alien with a tail that’s made of CGI whipping through the frame.

In fact, the Predators in the film have been so humanized that Anderson feels that audiences will feel genuine sympathy for them…not to mention that the Predator is the hero of the story. Sort of.

“Whoever wins…we lose,” Anderson says with a laugh, a reference to the film’s tagline. “The Predator is the lesser of the two evils, no question about that, and that’s what the human characters realize in the film. I think the Predators are the good guys, in that you can sympathize with them in the film. They have a code of honor, like the Samurai. They’re noble warriors and easier to understand than the Aliens.

Maurice "HopeOfTheFuture" Huijs

Maurice "HopeOfTheFuture" Huijs

Cool info!

Alien Emperor

Alien Emperor

ALIENS ARE COOL, TOO!!!   >:D  

THE REAL PREDATOR

THE REAL PREDATOR

Beautiful  Forte Fortuna Adjuvat.................-real pred

Alien Emperor

Alien Emperor

but with the yautja i can more symphatise, he's right. Duz anyone has the same thing as me: I don't think the preds are ugly and scary i think they'r beautifull.   ;D  

izzet

izzet

Yeah, i generally agree with all that, but i wouldnt go as far as calling them good guys, remember P1 And P2 where they slaughtered loadsa humans for fun.    ???  

Cetanu

Cetanu

Hmmm, maybe you failed to pick up on the humans they were hunting. In the 2nd film, many of those guys quite frankly deserved to be strung up, but then again, the Yautja in that movie was really young, he'd just been Blooded so, maybe he was going a bit too overboard because of his inexperience of hunting solo.      As for the first Predator, I have complete admiration of him. He was a seasoned Blooded Warrior, with that title he can justly go out and hunt on his own, which he did. He was older and highly skilled, you can easily tell. I mean, the way he stalks, kills and steals away each body one at a time compared to the second Yautja who just goes on a killing spree all at once ( the train ), there's a distinct difference between those two. Another interesting thing about how the humans 'sympathize' with the Yautja, I mean, when the first Yautja removed his plasma cannon and helmet to square off with Arnold hand to hand, Arnold's character saw the honor in that the Yautja could have just blasted him, but went so far as to challenge him in the Yautja's most honorable way possible.      He obviously picked up on that and showed an equal respect for him when he restrained from crushing the Yautja's skull with that rock.

Barreth

Barreth

I think it's obvious that people would sympathize and relate more with the predators than the aliens... the predators have human characteristics. Most important to note would be that they do have a conscience... hence their code...  Aliens are just mindless killing machines... that will kill anyone and anything that is not of their species.. not too many people are going to identify and relate to that... unless ur a nutcase   ???  

Suskis

Suskis

Ummm. I think that Predator are worse than Aliens. Predators are coward that stay cloaked and kill people armed with rifles using plamsaguns. Aliens kill for breeding and food, there's nothing evil in this. I relate more with aliens than predators!

Pvt Hudson

Pvt Hudson

hey, The Real Predator, When you just said Beautiful, was that a nod to Riddick from Pitch Black and Escape from Butchers Bay, where he just says   Beautiful!

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

Where's the people claiming that this is the last straw that will ruin this movie, and destroy their entire experience of the aliens or predator franchises?  There's always someone who's devastated by new news like this.     :D    I personally like this outlook for the Pred.  They have no compunctions about killing us when hunting, but I don't see why they might not give humans a chance if they live up to the high level or predator excellence.  If someone proves themselves, I don't see why a Pred wouldn't give them a chance.  also, I don't mean as in  close friend sort of way, I mean a sort of distanced respect.  No buddy film stuff going on, eheh.     8)  

~-~M~at~u~s~e~k~-~

~-~M~at~u~s~e~k~-~

;D  I am a true predator fan- but ... i would like people to  1st fear them but then come to understand and sympathize with them in the movie...but aliens are not bad they are being used for rituals which is kindamean but who cares.......... the aliens arer jus tryin to make there way in the  big univrse

izzet

izzet

Cetanu, no I did'nt fail to pick up who they were hunting. All im saying is from the previous two Predator films you could'nt relate to it as a general veiwer because it kills for sport, and that's innocent people e.g Dutche's Team and the civilians on the train in the second. But in this film the Predator will play a pivotal role towards perhaps saving humans, it's just a change.

Terhou

Terhou

I think Predators are cool   8)  not beutiful   ???  .

cookies

cookies

well we know the preds are there to kill aliens not humans.  Humans only get in the way.  ANd we all know the predators team up with the humans (Alex) at the end.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed