Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 396,285 times)

Xenomrph

I haven't played any, but I have some of their sourcebooks (mostly for the fluff and artwork - I'm weird about RPGs like that).

[cancerblack]

Eldritch_DM

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Oct 28, 2013, 04:51:44 AM

Simply wondrous. Already have basing ideas for these guys. May have to hold off on getting another Warmachine faction to play. Will there be a Kickstarter for this yet? The official facebook page for it hasn't said any word on that subject or not.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Lord-Naraku on Oct 28, 2013, 05:25:01 AM

Simply wondrous. Already have basing ideas for these guys. May have to hold off on getting another Warmachine faction to play. Will there be a Kickstarter for this yet? The official facebook page for it hasn't said any word on that subject or not.

It was indirectly mentioned in a thread on another forum about Warzone that it will be a kickstarter.

Eldritch_DM

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Oct 28, 2013, 05:27:12 AM
Quote from: Lord-Naraku on Oct 28, 2013, 05:25:01 AM

It was indirectly mentioned in a thread on another forum about Warzone that it will be a kickstarter.

Ah! Sweet. I figured there might be one. Here's hoping for some awesome stretch goals and goodies for helping out.

Corporal Hicks

I certainly plan on contributing if it's on Kickstarter. It'll be my first one too.

I'm gonna be having a chat with one of the guys over there tomorrow. Will see what I can find out.

SiL

I'd contribute to a Kickstarter if they weren't using ADI Aliens as their basis.

Yes, I'm that petty.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 28, 2013, 08:49:21 PM
I certainly plan on contributing if it's on Kickstarter. It'll be my first one too.

I'm gonna be having a chat with one of the guys over there tomorrow. Will see what I can find out.

Any chance you can (gently) press them for info on whether or not we'll be seeing any Giger or Winston Aliens? I asked them on another forum and all I could get was that the ADI one is (apparently) referred to as an "Infant Warrior".

Corporal Hicks

Well I just got off the phone with one of the guys at Prodos gaming. Here is what we spoke about  -

The initial release will be before the end of 2013.They're looking at an initial expansion wave of up to a dozen new models in the first quarter (I think he said quarter) of 2014.

It'll be a boxed release very similar to Space Hulk. It'll be with a board and you'll be able to play it in a spaceship environment but there's also plenty of potential to do big battles on general terrain ala Warhammer.

They've got the license for the Alien/vs/Predator movies and the EU so we'll be seeing plenty of variants of the Aliens, Predators and Marines. If it's cool and people want to see, Prodos will probably be making it. So there's potential for vehicles (Powerloader and APC anyone?!)

No license for Prometheus.

It'll be story driven with a rulebook to come out so it'll be scenario based. The events of the game itself are set between Alien and Aliens.

It can be played solo or multiplayer. It's based on the same game mechanics engine as the other Prodos game Warzone Resurrected.

They'll be Prodos sanctioned events/tournaments. They'll be at the game conventions and I believe he said they'll do an inaugural event to celebrate the release but the signal started to falter there.

They'll be named characters/units for you to use.

A lot of information will be released in the next 5 or 6 days via their Facebook page including the price of the set. I'll be popping down to meet the guys to play the game in the next 3 or so weeks so I'll have an impressions article done for you guys.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know and I'll be in touch with Prodos to get your questions answered ASAP.

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Oct 28, 2013, 10:14:38 PM
Any chance you can (gently) press them for info on whether or not we'll be seeing any Giger or Winston Aliens? I asked them on another forum and all I could get was that the ADI one is (apparently) referred to as an "Infant Warrior".

They'll be different variants from the movies and EU - including one of the Aliens from the old AvP Arcade Game. Wouldn't say which one though.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 28, 2013, 10:15:47 PM
Well I just got off the phone with one of the guys at Prodos gaming. Here is what we spoke about  -

The initial release will be before the end of 2013.They're looking at an initial expansion wave of up to a dozen new models in the first quarter (I think he said quarter) of 2014.

It'll be a boxed release very similar to Space Hulk. It'll be with a board and you'll be able to play it in a spaceship environment but there's also plenty of potential to do big battles on general terrain ala Warhammer.

They've got the license for the Alien/vs/Predator movies and the EU so we'll be seeing plenty of variants of the Aliens, Predators and Marines. If it's cool and people want to see, Prodos will probably be making it. So there's potential for vehicles (Powerloader and APC anyone?!)

No license for Prometheus.

It'll be story driven with a rulebook to come out so it'll be scenario based. The events of the game itself are set between Alien and Aliens.

It can be played solo or multiplayer. It's based on the same game mechanics engine as the other Prodos game Warzone Resurrected.

They'll be Prodos sanctioned events/tournaments. They'll be at the game conventions and I believe he said they'll do an inaugural event to celebrate the release but the signal started to falter there.

They'll be named characters/units for you to use.

A lot of information will be released in the next 5 or 6 days via their Facebook page including the price of the set. I'll be popping down to meet the guys to play the game in the next 3 or so weeks so I'll have an impressions article done for you guys.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know and I'll be in touch with Prodos to get your questions answered ASAP.

They'll be different variants from the movies and EU - including one of the Aliens from the old AvP Arcade Game. Wouldn't say which one though.

Fantastic. Thanks, Hicks! As for questions, see my post above yours.

Corporal Hicks

Here you go! ^ :)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 28, 2013, 10:23:10 PM

Here you go! ^ :)

Ah, cool. Must have missed that quote box, I just woke up. :)

Been reading around online, they've confirmed both original variants of the creature, although there seems to be some confusion as to which smooth-headed Alien is which (And a statement implying that the 1st and 4th Aliens are identical...). Hopefully that's just on the part of the individual speaking for Prodos. Either way, their naming convention is that the Giger Alien is the "Infant Warrior", and the Winston beast is a "Developed Warrior".

Corporal Hicks

I don't think we're going to be void of different versions of the Aliens.

Also, for folk in the UK, they'll be doing a special event to launch Warzone Resurrection. Sounds like a good place to pop to to get a feel of their products and the gameplay system:

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Prodos Games
That is about right ;]

To be more specific we WILL have at leas one model from following sources:

Alien from Alien - Infant Warrior
Alien from Aliens - Warrior
Alien from Aliens 3- Stalker (in fact ,concept based on Alien vs Predator Arcade Game 1994)

More concept taken from:
Alien vs Predator: Requiem
Aliens: Colonial Marines ;]
Alien vs Predator 1 and 2 Video Game 1999 and 2001
Predators Movie !!!!
Alien vs Predator Arcade Game

So quite a lot ;]

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Oct 28, 2013, 10:45:41 PM
Quote from: Prodos Games
That is about right ;]

To be more specific we WILL have at leas one model from following sources:

Alien from Alien - Infant Warrior
Alien from Aliens - Warrior
Alien from Aliens 3- Stalker (in fact ,concept based on Alien vs Predator Arcade Game 1994)

More concept taken from:
Alien vs Predator: Requiem
Aliens: Colonial Marines ;]
Alien vs Predator 1 and 2 Video Game 1999 and 2001
Predators Movie !!!!
Alien vs Predator Arcade Game

So quite a lot ;]
Give me Praetorians!!! Also, what about AvP Extinction? I want me some Ravagers and Carriers!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed