The Predator Takes on Santa in Upcoming Christmas Themed Holiday Special!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2018, 07:52:00 PM

Author
The Predator Takes on Santa in Upcoming Christmas Themed Holiday Special! (Read 13,559 times)

Master Chief

felix

So awesome!

Huggs

That was great! Didn't see that ending coming. Talk about an easter egg.  ;)

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Oh look now the Predator can be killed by a deer and elf.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: chrisr232007 on Dec 20, 2018, 06:52:18 AM
Oh look now the Predator can be killed by a deer and elk.

Comeon now. It's not supposed to be serious. I loved this. I found it really fun.

Rev44

In terms of script, pacing and direction, it's better than The Predator.

Bonus: No half-assed CGI pseudo-Ironman suit at the end.

whiterabbit

Man all jokes aside this is getting pretty damn sad, especially for a parody. An Easter basket with an alien egg inside it... oh wow, yea we've never seen that one before. This is baloney. I wouldn't wish this on a broke-dick dog. Well at least they got the Predator lore correct; in that a tiny elf was able to exterminate an entire Predator troop after getting stabbed in the gut.

Crespi

That was better than the movie

Whiskeybrewer

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: chrisr232007 on Dec 20, 2018, 06:52:18 AM
Oh look now the Predator can be killed by a deer and elf.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 20, 2018, 12:07:25 PM
Man all jokes aside this is getting pretty damn sad, especially for a parody. An Easter basket with an alien egg inside it... oh wow, yea we've never seen that one before. This is baloney. I wouldn't wish this on a broke-dick dog. Well at least they got the Predator lore correct; in that a tiny elf was able to exterminate an entire Predator troop after getting stabbed in the gut.

You both are joking right? Please tell me these complaints are made with tongue-firmly-implanted-in-cheek.

JokersWarPig

Things that are stop motion usually, 90% of the time aren't supposed to be serious  ::). They're supposed to be fun, and honestly this was fun as hell  :laugh:
I thought it was great, and the animation was really good on top of that

Brundlepede

The humor is the low effort, exhausted drivel I've come to expect from the talentless chodes of Comedy Central.

Of course, we're supposed to accept this as the height of entertainment because "its parody, duh". Parody of what? The fossilized anti-humor of late night television tumors like SNL?  ::)

Huggs

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Dec 20, 2018, 03:56:19 PM
Things that are stop motion usually, 90% of the time aren't supposed to be serious  ::). They're supposed to be fun, and honestly this was fun as hell  :laugh:
I thought it was great, and the animation was really good on top of that

I'll admit, I was hoping it would be at least 10 minutes, but I still dug it. It would be great to get a full blown 20-30 minute Christmas special where there is some lengthy stalking and a plot.

"Larry...you sonofab*tch".  :D I love it.

AVP-CAPCOM

Ironic as during the teaser trailer on AVPGALAXY News feed I almost commented "looks like Robot Chicken" and low and behold it is.

Robot Chicken had done tons of ALIENS, PREDATOR and AVP stop motion parodies during it's, many, series runs. YouTube it.

Don't believe the "background story" of this particular parody, I just think Robot Chicken is so widespread 20th Century Fox did a "thow everything and the kitchen sink" approach into damage limitation, including a very early home release (US only).

whiterabbit

The difference between this and robot-chicken is that robot-chicken parodies are usually pretty damn hilarious.  To be fair parodies are only as good as the movie. Thus this is just another nail in the coffin that The Predator is a stinker.

However I really dig the animation and sets. It was a technically well made short. Good job on that. It's just the source of the parody wasn't worth making funnies over.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed