NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 832,912 times)

LordCassusSnow

LordCassusSnow

Yeah, i was really disappointed that neca ended up keeping the smart gun when the original figure had a flamethrower. Though Neca has made big mistakes in the past. Their dog alien not being able to completely look up while on all fours, the engineers and Avp preds not being in scale with their other figures. The only thing keeping that company afloat are their aliens and predator lines. I imagine neca going under as soon as they run out of ideas and varients.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

At the rate they're going, I doubt they'll run out of ideas or variants in the next decade though. :P

Russ840

Russ840

Does anyone know or have any info as to whether we will get a resurrection 'Alien' ? 

Otter

Otter

I would have liked to see NECA's take on Kenner Ripley's flamethrower too, but I'll likely just give her (if I can find her) my Power Loader Ripley's flamethrower... it's not like she needs it.

LordCassusSnow

LordCassusSnow

Haha true! Always missing their original release dates

Resurrection is planned for 2017

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Might have to pick one up, for nostalgia reasons above all. If anyone (overseas) wants one, let me know and I will pick em up. If limited supply allows. :P

I like the smartgun btw. Sure it's not the flamethrower, but let's just have some fun here for Aliens day!

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: ts124 on Apr 22, 2016, 12:44:02 AM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Apr 15, 2016, 08:37:48 AM
The new 2016 30th anniversary 1/4 scale Alien warrior from ALIENS claims to be movie-accurate.Looks like NECA  are reusing the  ribcage from last year's Big Chap figure-resulting in less ribs for the Cameron/Winston redesign,as well as the dorsal tubes not being placed higher up on the creature's back.Lazy,a figure this size should be accurate in every detail.

Not buying.
The Neca figure is based off of the action suit which I believe only had 6 ribs. I hope the do a version of the puppet eventually.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk
I would have preferred the puppet version with 8 ribs and elbow spikes,but you're right about the action suit,even though i can't help feeling NECA chose the action suit version simply for the convenient reuse of parts from last year's Big Chap-the lower (incorrect) placement of the dorsal tubes confirms it.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

I believe this is where I start becoming very picky on buying NECA toys. I never had Kenner toys when I was younger so they don't appeal to me but I bought them anyways and now I'm starting to humor selling them and just buying movie and game figures.

sir_bobos

sir_bobos

Maybe NECA blended the Kenner Ripley with the ALIENS arcade game where she started with the Smartgun.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Apr 22, 2016, 11:54:36 PM
Might have to pick one up, for nostalgia reasons above all. If anyone (overseas) wants one, let me know and I will pick em up. If limited supply allows. :P

I like the smartgun btw. Sure it's not the flamethrower, but let's just have some fun here for Aliens day!

I'll get in on that please, Fury.

LordCassusSnow

LordCassusSnow

I doubt Neca will do a version of the Alien warrior that looks like a guy in a costume. The versions we have are pretty accurate to what it was supposed to look like if it were a real Xeno. Though i would have liked a bit more articulation in their Aliens n Preds so i could get them in awesome realistic crouching poses.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Darkness on Apr 22, 2016, 04:25:38 PM
NECA have now revealed their Toys 'r Us exclusive Ripley Kenner Tribute figure.

http://necaonline.com/56140/licenses/movies/alien/all-the-details-on-the-alien-day-exclusive-kenner-tribute-ripley-action-figure/?utm_campaign=426ripleyreveal&utm_source=necafbgplus&utm_medium=social

QuoteCelebrate Alien Day 2016 with a special edition tribute to the classic Kenner Ripley figure from the early '90s! Lt. Ellen Ripley comes with bandolier and smartgun accessories, plus a commemorative reprint of the Dark Horse mini-comic that was included with the original release in 1993. The 7-inch scale figure features the likeness of Sigourney Weaver, and has over 25 points of articulation. The blister card packaging is an homage to the classic as well, and features a collectible file card with bio.

I was gonna get this figure just for the smart gun, but without the chest plate and the rig I think I'll wait till I see if they announce a Vaz or Drake with the new series.
Neca's smart gun has some pretty good detail, but I think my custom ones can hold their own until we get an actual smartgunner

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Apr 23, 2016, 03:33:08 PM
Quote from: Darkness on Apr 22, 2016, 04:25:38 PM
NECA have now revealed their Toys 'r Us exclusive Ripley Kenner Tribute figure.

http://necaonline.com/56140/licenses/movies/alien/all-the-details-on-the-alien-day-exclusive-kenner-tribute-ripley-action-figure/?utm_campaign=426ripleyreveal&utm_source=necafbgplus&utm_medium=social

QuoteCelebrate Alien Day 2016 with a special edition tribute to the classic Kenner Ripley figure from the early '90s! Lt. Ellen Ripley comes with bandolier and smartgun accessories, plus a commemorative reprint of the Dark Horse mini-comic that was included with the original release in 1993. The 7-inch scale figure features the likeness of Sigourney Weaver, and has over 25 points of articulation. The blister card packaging is an homage to the classic as well, and features a collectible file card with bio.

I was gonna get this figure just for the smart gun, but without the chest plate and the rig I think I'll wait till I see if they announce a Vaz or Drake with the new series.
Neca's smart gun has some pretty good detail, but I think my custom ones can hold their own until we get an actual smartgunner

Vasquez has been announced, no word on Drake.

Otter

Otter

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Apr 22, 2016, 11:54:36 PM
If anyone (overseas) wants one, let me know and I will pick em up. If limited supply allows. :P

I might be keen too.  Checking local distribution here in Australia, but it's not looking good. :(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed