Predator: Hunting Grounds - What's Coming and Our Wishlist

Started by RidgeTop, Jan 18, 2021, 04:22:31 PM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds - What's Coming and Our Wishlist (Read 1,002 times)

RidgeTop

At the start of 2021 we find ourselves approaching the one-year anniversary of 'Predator: Hunting Grounds' developed by Illfonic. Predator: Hunting Grounds is unique in that it is the first multiplayer-only, live-service type game for the Predator franchise. A live-service game is one that sees regular new content updates to keep players engaged in a game long after its release, allowing the game to evolve and improve over time.

Illfonic CEO Charles Brungardt had this to say on the eve of Predator: Hunting Grounds release last year:

"Speaking of planned updates, we view the launch of Predator: Hunting Grounds as just the beginning. What that means to us, at IllFonic, is that we ​can continue to drop new content post launch. We do have a roadmap in place for this already. In fact, you will see the first content update​ — which will be a free one — go live a little over a month from now. And there will be more content updates after that. These will include many great surprises. This is part of why our community forums are so special to us. We are listening and taking your feedback to heart, whether it be found bugs or comments on the game."

Predator: Hunting Grounds - What's Coming and Our Wishlist

While live-service games sometimes carry a negative connotation, typically when they're used to justify a lack of single-player game development, there are a number of titles that have really done well with this model. Games such as Rainbow Six Siege, Fortnite, Call of Duty: Warzone, Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds, Apex Legends, Dead by Daylight, and many others have kept and grown their player-bases with continual and substantive new content.

Continue reading here.

Make sure your browsers are locked into Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien and Predator news! You can also follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. Be sure to join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums as well!

Voodoo Magic

You missed the most important content to add above all....

Spoiler
[close]

Great article RidgeTop! Let's hope at least some of these are implemented in 2021!

@Illfonic I hope you're listening!

RidgeTop

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 18, 2021, 04:37:46 PM
You missed the most important content to add above all....

Spoiler
[close]

Great article RidgeTop! Let's hope at least some of these are implemented in 2021!

@Illfonic I hope you're listening!

Haha, I was tempted to throw that in just for you, and hey I'd love to see it as well. Just don't see it happening. I'd love to be wrong though.

Voodoo Magic

Well, although fleeting, I'm still holding out the hope and dreaming the dream! ;D

Galactus123

Great list. I really hope we get a forest map at some point. Also Celtic and Mr. Black would be great.

Kailem

What we want, what we need:

I'm still hoping we do end up getting Harrigan at some point too. Isabelle was a nice surprise that I certainly didn't expect, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed even though it probably won't end up happening, despite the amount of love they've given Predator 2 in this game.

Of the things we're 99% sure we're going to be getting, Mr Black is definitely the thing I'm looking forward to the most; other than new maps of course. At the end of the day that's what we need more than anything, so hopefully those datamined ones will be coming sooner rather than later.

Also a city map. Because city map!

Samhain13

City map is too much for Illfonic.

Mr.Turok

I hope people can be more patient with the new additions, as I can say that seeing how Illfonic is trying to work out these issues as best they can during these times and giving us good content just shows that they do care about this game. Hell, I did not expect the new Hotfix patch that just came in today, and it fixed the bow issue among other things! While there are some issues/glitches here and there still, they are stepping forward in addressing such issues and not waiting until the next DLC pack of next month. If that is not care for the game, than I don't know what is.
Granted, some improvements such as better communications between them and the community would certainly help a whole lot in easing toxicity. I would also prime people to stop being so toxic but this is common in multiplayer games unfortunately. I for one, can't wait to see what will come of this new year, hope its better than last year.

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jan 19, 2021, 12:35:48 AM
City map is too much for Illfonic.

I don't see something like NYC, but maybe an urban setting such as the flava of Rio de Janeiro like they shown in the concept art. There was also one in a beached battleship, that looks great as well.

Plus, its not uncommon for gameplay changes to occur in multiplayer games, I mean look at Fortinte for one. From graphical changes to new maps and gameplay dynamics, far different from the base when it first launched. I just think it might take time for Illfonic to reach progress that fast due to low employee power (I see they are still looking for programmers and environmental artists) and the lockdown.

SuperiorIronman

I don't believe for a second you can save the Hunting Grounds community. Like I'm convinced that its bullshit is the reason Illfnoic doesn't talk to them and I don't blame them for a second.

We know they can't talk about anything either so what would they have to talk to us about? They don't know where the lore is going until they're told, they do work on bug fixes "we're looking into it", and they do look at balance changes but they're the ones with the actual numbers. We know they can't even talk about updates either so they basically have little if anything to talk to us about.

bendinglight

Is there any truth to the year-long exclusive platform being EGS and then it can be released on Steam? I have heard about this but haven't seen any actual evidence of this being true.

molasar

Quote from: bendinglight on Jan 23, 2021, 04:43:03 PM
Is there any truth to the year-long exclusive platform being EGS and then it can be released on Steam? I have heard about this but haven't seen any actual evidence of this being true.

Epic Games did not pay Sony for this but Sony is a shareholder of EG and the game runs on their Unreal Engine 4. Thus were are some royalties involved for using it.

bendinglight

Quote from: molasar on Jan 23, 2021, 04:51:52 PM
Quote from: bendinglight on Jan 23, 2021, 04:43:03 PM

Epic Games did not pay Sony for this but Sony is a shareholder of EG and the game runs on their Unreal Engine 4. Thus were are some royalties involved for using it.

Okay but is there any chance of this game coming to Steam? Or is it going to continue to be a EG exclusive? That is really what I was asking about - I have no idea if there is any validity to the "1 year time span" prior to being available on Steam statement in the article.

molasar

Quote from: bendinglight on Jan 23, 2021, 06:44:59 PM
Okay but is there any chance of this game coming to Steam? Or is it going to continue to be a EG exclusive? That is really what I was asking about - I have no idea if there is any validity to the "1 year time span" prior to being available on Steam statement in the article.

It is up to Sony as they are a publisher. In regards to 1 year exclusivity it was in a case of games when EG paid money for it to a developer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed