Opinions on Extinction?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 10:45:46 AM

Author
Opinions on Extinction? (Read 61,993 times)

Nobody

Nobody

If only they took time instead of rushing to release it to help get PR out for The AvP movie

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: PredalienToph on Jun 03, 2008, 01:51:32 AM
I say alot of people should Email Sierra and tell them to make anymore AvP RTS games on PC. same for all other AvP games.

Screw that. The game was fine on the consoles. I dont think AvP games should just be put for the PC. Whats wrong with having it on consoles?

Shadow Hunter

Shadow Hunter

I thought it was good but you get bored of it really easily.  :-\

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

I think we should have more games on consoles the only thing i didn't like about avp ex was the terrain seemed pretty dull.

Nobody

Nobody

Or the fact that aliens can't crawl over mountains. They simply "Scale" it.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Still one of my favourite games. :)

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Enjoyed. Lack of multiplayer was a severe hindrance to such, though. While I definitely agree there needs to be more console A/P games, I really think we need a good AVP RTS for the PC.

I read once about a StarCraft mod with Alien/Predator/Marine sprites, and it had pictures of a few of the sprites, but I never could find where to download it. Anyone have this by any chance?

scholar

scholar

The one thing I found rather sad about this game was that there wasn't a "randomization" option in which a map would be made at random for each of the three factions with a difficulty setting for easy, medium, hard, and Chaos/Hell. That could have added a great deal of a replay factor to the game, considering the graphics weren't exactly top notch it wouldn't have been hard to do. But all in all I did love this game.  ;D

Lie

Lie

Opinions on Extinction

By Lie1295

I think that's it was a well thought out game lots of different and unseen units and abilities, with a rock paper scissors type lay out to it. I didn't see that at first but after 4 months of continuous play and I mean continuous I played that game every day not so much now but still once a month if I can.

Marines = Rock

Alien = Paper

Predator = Scissors

Marines have the synthetics that's gets past the cloaking of predator and its one of the cheaper units plus the range and attack strength of most marines means you could just use attack move and stop when to many units are heavily damaged have about 3 medics, 2 com techs and 2 synthetics the rest infantry, smartgunner(flamethrowers more for vs'in aliens) whatever you like but when vs predators have those core units and your gonna be fine for the most part anyway.

Alien is simple upgrade drones and uses them to kill everything or let them get one hit on a host before the hp hits 0 to make the host cystic and any transbreed alien cystic. Alien warrior does 20 damage that's fixed it can only do 20 damage (on normal anyway) even when vs'in hydra's and blaze's but when vs'in a spear master is different it does less than 10 damage. If you have played the game you know that their attack rate isn't slow, that and there upgrade I'll keep it simple their upgrade is AWESOME!!! They die, spray acid everywhere (not that much damage but its a plus that can kill enemies) come back to life with half health in the case of a cystic's is 200 hp a horde of warrior's and drones is perfect for taking out humans

Predator... ^_^ spear masters and brawler's can knock back (the spear master only when vs'in more then one enemy in close combat) all transbreeds but not the predalien. All transbreed except the predalien do between 4-9 damage on a spear master making the spear master a perfect pick for a hive assault hydra's do more damage on aliens, exosuits and synthetics. The blaze can stop the warrior's upgrade from being used because they die on fire and are unable to come back to life and drone cant stand up to its attack long enough to kill it if not in a high enough number. Predalien's may gain more hp but the lack of defense means you could easily kill a horde of 750 or less hp predalien's with 1-2 hyrda's because hydra's do more damage on aliens and predalien's have the lowest defense of all the adult aliens their no match for them, plus the range and medi-ket and if their upgraded

In my opinion all these little things that you pick up while play'in the game determine its worth and there is so much more that i could say but this for me is keeping it short;

I love Aliens vs Predator Extinction and if there was a AVP:E 2 coming out there isn't a force of earth that could stop me getting it

PS ravagers can destroy my whole theory ^_^

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

I luv AVP: E and if they make a second one they should take there time on it and make it really good and with alot of unit because on know this next gen system can handle lots of units.

Nobody

Nobody

Fox could really have milked the shit out of this if they advertised and put more thought into it.

Look at Star Wars: Empire at War. That was so well-received it got an expansion pack that was alright too.

Lie

Lie

Quote from: Nobody on Jan 18, 2010, 05:48:49 PM
Fox could really have milked the shit out of this if they advertised and put more thought into it.

Look at Star Wars: Empire at War. That was so well-received it got an expansion pack that was alright too.

The Empire at war expansion pack was deep Darth Vader must have gone to pimp my ride

THE SUPER STAR DESTROY EXECUTOR!!!!

It bigger in the game much much bigger

Lie

Lie

Watch this and know the true power of the dark side... kinda corny XD

MichaelMyers

MichaelMyers

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Jul 31, 2009, 02:42:22 PM
I read once about a StarCraft mod with Alien/Predator/Marine sprites, and it had pictures of a few of the sprites, but I never could find where to download it. Anyone have this by any chance?
Sounds fantastic, let me know if you find that

Quick N Slick

Quick N Slick

Pretty poor.

For one thing, I don't know when I've seen a game --- ever have you complete a final mission, & then just says, "Game over." No FMV sequence for your species winning, no written report on what happened & how you won, not even a, "Congrats" on-screen --- just ends dead.

Uniquely crap.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed