SEQUEL NEWS: Fox Struggling with Hiring Writers

Started by Gazz, Mar 27, 2013, 05:50:54 PM

Author
SEQUEL NEWS: Fox Struggling with Hiring Writers (Read 59,823 times)

Alien³

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 27, 2013, 11:44:24 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 27, 2013, 11:29:35 PM
Well, if I was given the opportunity I have an idea that would blow people's minds, and it would be possible to make for under $10,000,000. (Too cocky?)
Will it? Will it really?

You'd love it 8)

Cvalda

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: livin_target on Mar 27, 2013, 11:48:39 PM
Surely leaving an air of mystery would be better.

Yep. We should have never have had a description of Cthulhu.. or of the city in Mountains of Madness...

We also should have never seen the ghosts inside the Arc of the Covenant at the end of Indiana Jones. The screen should have gone black as soon as Indy closes his eyes.

let's leave everything to the imagination! :P

if anyone thinks i'm being serious.. you were dropped as a little kid.

LarsVader

QuoteDavid Weyland:
Perhaps the ongoing story of #Prometheus and @David8Weyland will not be told. The writer of the next chapter has left the project.
http://www.facebook.com/David8Weyland

echobbase79

Peter Briggs told me on Facebook that he was going to do a pitch for sequel. If anyone here is friends with him on facebook you should know he hates Prometheus with a passion. He said his idea would've fixed things. But I guess it didn't work out.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: LarsVader on Mar 28, 2013, 12:46:10 AM
QuoteDavid Weyland:
Perhaps the ongoing story of #Prometheus and @David8Weyland will not be told. The writer of the next chapter has left the project.

And how does this tiny and relatively unknown facebook page get to release behind the scenes information? :P

Jay Thomas

I have to wonder what's with film makers/games developers/whoever always wanting to show the homeplanets of the Jockey, Aliens or Predators? I'm sure there's been a few scripts floating about teasing at the idea (not to mention AvP:R) and a few games teasing at the idea too.

I agree. I feel like ending any story with "...and then we'll go to the home planet" is a shot in the foot for a sequel. Home planets take millions and millions of dollars to generate!

Also, I think it would be extremely difficult for Prometheus 2 to have any Horror elements on an Engineer home world.

LarsVader

Quote from: Blacklabel on Mar 28, 2013, 01:03:01 AM
Quote from: LarsVader on Mar 28, 2013, 12:46:10 AM
QuoteDavid Weyland:

And how does this tiny and relatively unknown facebook page get to release behind the scenes information? :P
I guess it is run by the same Fox/media people who are doing the rest of the Prometheus social media stuff like the David twitter account.

livin_target

Quote from: Blacklabel on Mar 28, 2013, 12:25:46 AM

let's leave everything to the imagination! :P

if anyone thinks i'm being serious.. you were dropped as a little kid.

I'll have you know that my mother had slippy hands!

But I don't know. I'll admit I know next to nothing about Cthlulhu but Lost Ark had a defined and well planned beginning, middle and end culminating in the reveal of what was actually in the Ark.

If you want to play it the other way, we could talk about how revealing Darth Vader's childhood was a mistake, or why a few Thing fans were a bit annoyed by the prequel. I don't doubt that it can be done well- Godfather 2 showed successfully the rise of the famous Don- but I just doubt the minds behind the scenes to give us something which lives up to expectations. Prometheus was another example where opinions were mixed- I'm sure you'll know that some felt disappointed by the more human appearance of the Jockey when Alien promised something a lot more... alien.

Blacklabel

Yeah, it's a matter of leaving these things to talented hands. By the time Lucas made the prequels he was merely a has-been, riding on the talents of others.

Del Toro is one guy who i'd like to see handling the Alien films.. but the guy already has 123214214 things to do.

SpeedyMaxx

I wish B-D had bothered with the basic facts and research all of us knew 3 or 4 years ago before running another bog-standard, supercilious geek aggro piece. But I forgot - when you're on the Internet, you only call yourselves 'journalists' when you want to impress your mom. When standards are on the line, everybody calls themselves "just geeks who love movies!"

It was well known way back when the film had no name and was in development that Scott and Spaihts had planned at least two or three films. Spaihts has backed that up. And I honestly felt the work DL did on it improved and expanded the universe Spaihts had built the superstructure for.

Another day, another lame attempt at Internet journalism. Either way, I look forward to the sequel.

Deuterium

Deuterium

B-B-B-B-BBBBut I thought Lindelof had all the answers??  Surely he wouldn't write a film claiming and teasing that "we will get answers"...but be untruthful.  NAAAAAHHHHHHHH

::)

First Blood

What a douchebag. Seriously. :D

Deuterium

I am but a simple man, who speaks Truths.

Now let me make a prediction.  Lindelof will release some lame-ass statement that he, in fact, has it all planned out, and that there has been a big misunderstanding with Fox and Scott.

TheChazmoch

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 28, 2013, 12:00:50 AM
Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 27, 2013, 11:55:41 PM
You'd love it 8)
Wanna bet? ;D

Now, kiss.

Just kidding=P But, seriously, Alien3 -- let's see it!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed