Alien FX Show Weta Leak

Started by anibo, Jan 23, 2022, 11:03:37 PM

Author
Alien FX Show Weta Leak (Read 23,536 times)

Kradan

Kradan

So, remind me, what ice cream flavour is your favourite ?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 25, 2022, 10:15:28 PM
I still think the Engineers looked creepy as f**k. Those completely black eyes.

When you say creepy, do you really mean sexy?

Kradan

Kradan

What you have just said lead me to a funny thought:

Spoiler
Is Engineers' semen black too ? Is that real source of Black Goo ?
[close]

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

The photo of a new design looks as if it has elderly man's manboobs not too dissiimilar to Alien Resurrection's newborn

David Weyland

David Weyland

Maybe they secrete acid milk

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Mr H is talking about this thread...

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

What are your thoughts on the skull?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I don't see one.  It's completely opaque.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Yet another fruitless attempt to reinvent the perfection of Giger's wheel, there.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 25, 2022, 10:34:20 PM

Sexy Squidward.

TC

TC

Still moving away from the biomechanoid look. Wasn't there an admission from the Covenant artists that the biomechanoid style was protected by Giger's estate?

Maybe this:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/files/podcasts/avpg_pc_episode52.mp3

Bughuntwilson

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: St_Eddie on Jan 26, 2022, 02:28:56 AM
Yet another fruitless attempt to reinvent the perfection of Giger's wheel, there.

Sexy Squidward.
Jokes on you i am  into that

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: TC on Jan 26, 2022, 03:16:21 AM
Still moving away from the biomechanoid look. Wasn't there an admission from the Covenant artists that the biomechanoid style was protected by Giger's estate?

Maybe this:

I actually see slightly more emphasis on biomechanics here than in Covenant's Alien, at least with the defined tubing on the arms in this particular design.

In Covenant, there was a deliberate choice to steer away from the mechanical elements in order to present the Alien as an unfinished work-in-progress. Not sure if estate disputes directly factored into that or not, but there was a narrative-based rationale for that particular design decision.

TC

TC

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 26, 2022, 03:34:39 AM
I actually see slightly more emphasis on biomechanics here than in Covenant's Alien, at least with the defined tubing on the arms in this particular design.

Do you mean the ribbing on the bicep area? Hmmm, OK.

The back pipes have become more like tentacles. Maybe they should simply be removed...

Overall, I like it. Or rather, I'm open to it. But it's still just a concept image; I'm really more interested in how the script makes them behave--like a predatory, savage beast (as is the established custom), or more ghoulish and creepy?

TC

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 25, 2022, 10:15:28 PM
I still think the Engineers looked creepy as f**k. Those completely black eyes.

Nope! Definitely mean creepy.

--------------------------

So the more I look at this, particularly the close up, the more I like it. Not as a replacement for the Alien, but as an off-shoot. As a genetic experiment, or SiL, or Blue Marsalis, I really do like this. I especially like those tendons around the mouth. Just drop the boobs and I'm happy.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: TC on Jan 26, 2022, 03:16:21 AM

Maybe this:

No, all aspects relating to the Alien that Giger designed for the original film and Alien 3 is available for 20th/fox/disney to exploit. What they can't do is use any of Giger's other paintings without the permission of his estate. That was made very clear to Carlos Huante, Wayne Haag etc. by Fox's legal dept.

Covenant production designer, Chris Seegers said that they were sort of "edging" into the biomechanical aspects with the prequels, so we would likely have seen that in a third film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed