Ridley Scott Says The Alien FX Series Will Be 8-10 Hours Long

Started by seattle24, Nov 22, 2021, 09:57:55 AM

Author
Ridley Scott Says The Alien FX Series Will Be 8-10 Hours Long (Read 25,633 times)

XENOMORPHOSIS

Hope we get a good amount of quality and quantity of content out of the Alien and BladeRunner TV shows.

Hope we get a good amount of quality and quantity of content out of the Alien and BladeRunner TV shows.

Local Trouble

In a further subversion, Scott will refocus Blade Runner to indulge his interest in aliens instead of AI.

HuDaFuK

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 22, 2021, 07:44:49 PM
In a further subversion, Scott will refocus Blade Runner to indulge his interest in aliens instead of AI.

Raised by Wolves (Season One, 2020)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 22, 2021, 07:59:48 PM

Was heading here to post this

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: AVPGalaxyFor both Blade Runner and Alien, an outline has been written of events that will happen throughout the 8-10 hours of them. That suggests we'll be getting 8-10 episodes in the Alien FX series.

Scott Free's The Terror season 1 has 10 episodes.  :laugh:

Prez

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 22, 2021, 07:59:48 PM

Bingo

dave1978

Oh NO,   Scott needs to be pushed as far away as possible from this or it will be another failure for Alien.  Keep your nouse out Ridley.

Evanus

Quote from: dave1978 on Nov 23, 2021, 10:24:35 AM
Oh NO,   Scott needs to be pushed as far away as possible from this or it will be another failure for Alien.  Keep your nouse out Ridley.
Yawn. He's producing, deal with it. It's Noah Hawley's thing anyway, I doubt Scott will have that much creative input.

Scott's a great producer anyway, it'll only help.

Thatguy2068

Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good.

dave1978

Scott's is involved.....  it wont be.   Remeber,  in Scotts mind the Alien is dead,  nothing more can be done.  When in reality its his imagination and ability that has wained over the years.

Corporal Hicks

I wouldn't be too worried. As we understand it, it's Noah's baby.

BigDaddyJohn

So 8 to 10 episodes then ? It's a good format for this IMO.

Mr. Clemens

I must admit I'm intrigued by the possibilities of a long-form story in this universe, beyond the 'we gotta get outta here' of the films. But I still maintain that the Earth setting robs the show of a great deal of what the Alien series is. Alien was initially greenlit because Star Wars was a success. It was the spaceship angle, and not so much the people-getting-killed angle, that got the film made. I turn to Alien because I want to spend a couple of hours in cold, dark space, or at least on a distant world.

Love to be proven wrong, though.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

You can always watch the forthcoming Blade Runner series for outer space settings. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed