Possible Character Details

Started by RidgeTop, Nov 06, 2021, 05:38:32 AM

Author
Possible Character Details (Read 46,988 times)

Kradan

Kradan

He doesn't make much movies either

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

That's true, Ridley on the other hand... :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 11, 2021, 09:04:58 PM

You say that now, but starting next year we'll be getting Jimbo releases like there's no tomorrow.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 11, 2021, 08:56:15 PM
One of the things that I respect about James Cameron is that he doesn't use existing franchises to exploit the themes he is passionate about today.  :laugh:

That's literally, literally what Aliens was though?  ???

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Yes, I was referring to Avatar. I am not against new ideas but I think that when they stray too far from the key element of the universe, it is no longer that universe at all. If you want to use concepts that haven't been canonically explored, without undermining the central figure in the process, that's fine. But if your new ideas stray too far from the central concept, I think it is time to found a new universe.

I think it applies even if the execution is ok. Because you know, sometimes one just want to see a good 21st century Alien movie, and not something that seems to pull me out of that fantasy, with the new proposal not being that good either.

I know that execution is what really determines how good the end result is. And while Alex White's books have achieved good fluidity between some of the prequels stuff and Alien, I think that some ideas from there, while interesting, have been better executed in Raised by Wolves, than in this particular fictional world. Maybe they weren't even made to be explored on film anyway. But yeah, it is not as if Prometheus was the product of the execution of a remarkable good script.

Everyone can disagree with my opinion of course.  :laugh:

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 11, 2021, 09:39:08 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Nov 11, 2021, 09:04:58 PM

You say that now, but starting next year we'll be getting Jimbo releases like there's no tomorrow.

I highly doubt that

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

All those Avatar sequels comrade... it's going to be raining Smurfs.

David Weyland

David Weyland

This new bit of info regarding casting makes me get carried away but gives me a gut feeling that the series is going to be set post Covenant but pre Alien to link into the prequels, telling the third and final part or setting up the story for a third film which would be a fantastic pay off.

I think from his comments in recent interviews Noah Hawley buys into Ridley Scott's vision more than a rebooted formula

I've argued before that I think David uploaded into Walter's body in Covenant rather than just mimicking appearance.

Could see David with his skeleton keys to the Weyland Yutani's Muthr mainframe pulling the strings on Earth through other androids & or creating a rebel movement against humanity for their unequal rights etc, all from deep space aboard the Covenant like some WY internet troll. You'd get Fassbender in for the last episode in a big reveal setting up a film to take us to Alien.

At least I hope anyway.

Evanus

Evanus

I don't think we'll see David ever again honestly. But I hope I'm very wrong.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I don't know about all that in terms of plot, but there's definitely a connection here I'm really surprised no-one's talking about:

Alien Covenant and Legion cross promoted each other, nearly five years ago, and Amber Midthunder who played one of the main characters also now gets the lead role in Prey?

Just want to understand !!!

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Evanus on Nov 14, 2021, 02:47:04 PM
I don't think we'll see David ever again honestly.

Let the gods hear this !

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 16, 2021, 05:56:56 PM

Let the gods hear this !

Meanwhile, David's response to those gods:

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The lone and level sands stretch far away...

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 16, 2021, 06:05:31 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 16, 2021, 05:56:56 PM

Let the gods hear this !

Meanwhile, David's response to those gods:

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/52fbe871e4b060243dd758d6/1495636129376-M8815JDBJQ3SL7WV8AE1/cov.jpg?format=750w
:laugh:

But seriously, I can't imagine not wanting to see more of David. Would be such a waste not to continue that arc.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I can definitely imagine.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed