User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Possible Character Details  (Read 1353 times)

Kradan
Nov 11, 2021, 09:04:58 PM
Reply #165 on: Nov 11, 2021, 09:04:58 PM
He doesn't make much movies either

Immortan Jonesy
Nov 11, 2021, 10:13:57 PM
Reply #169 on: Nov 11, 2021, 10:13:57 PM
Yes, I was referring to Avatar. I am not against new ideas but I think that when they stray too far from the key element of the universe, it is no longer that universe at all. If you want to use concepts that haven't been canonically explored, without undermining the central figure in the process, that's fine. But if your new ideas stray too far from the central concept, I think it is time to found a new universe.

I think it applies even if the execution is ok. Because you know, sometimes one just want to see a good 21st century Alien movie, and not something that seems to pull me out of that fantasy, with the new proposal not being that good either.

I know that execution is what really determines how good the end result is. And while Alex White's books have achieved good fluidity between some of the prequels stuff and Alien, I think that some ideas from there, while interesting, have been better executed in Raised by Wolves, than in this particular fictional world. Maybe they weren't even made to be explored on film anyway. But yeah, it is not as if Prometheus was the product of the execution of a remarkable good script.

Everyone can disagree with my opinion of course.  :laugh:

David Weyland
Nov 14, 2021, 01:42:23 PM
Reply #172 on: Nov 14, 2021, 01:42:23 PM
This new bit of info regarding casting makes me get carried away but gives me a gut feeling that the series is going to be set post Covenant but pre Alien to link into the prequels, telling the third and final part or setting up the story for a third film which would be a fantastic pay off.

I think from his comments in recent interviews Noah Hawley buys into Ridley Scott’s vision more than a rebooted formula

I’ve argued before that I think David uploaded into Walter’s body in Covenant rather than just mimicking appearance.

Could see David with his skeleton keys to the Weyland Yutani’s Muthr mainframe pulling the strings on Earth through other androids & or creating a rebel movement against humanity for their unequal rights etc, all from deep space aboard the Covenant like some WY internet troll. You’d get Fassbender in for the last episode in a big reveal setting up a film to take us to Alien.

At least I hope anyway.

Evanus
Nov 14, 2021, 02:47:04 PM
Reply #173 on: Nov 14, 2021, 02:47:04 PM
I don't think we'll see David ever again honestly. But I hope I'm very wrong.

BlueMarsalis79
Nov 14, 2021, 02:54:56 PM
Reply #174 on: Nov 14, 2021, 02:54:56 PM
I don't know about all that in terms of plot, but there's definitely a connection here I'm really surprised no-one's talking about:

Alien Covenant and Legion cross promoted each other, nearly five years ago, and Amber Midthunder who played one of the main characters also now gets the lead role in Prey?

Just want to understand !!!

Evanus
Nov 17, 2021, 03:40:32 PM
Reply #178 on: Nov 17, 2021, 03:40:32 PM
I don't think we'll see David ever again honestly.

Let the gods hear this !

Meanwhile, David's response to those gods:

:laugh:

But seriously, I can't imagine not wanting to see more of David. Would be such a waste not to continue that arc.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed