Possible Character Details

Started by RidgeTop, Nov 06, 2021, 05:38:32 AM

Author
Possible Character Details (Read 46,975 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Neat.

But:

Quotetwo prequel films from James Cameron, and now a television series coming to FX.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Sounds like someone got hold of a casting call.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 06, 2021, 07:44:08 AM

Sure seems that way.

seattle24

seattle24

So is James Cameron actually attached or is that waffle?

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

I'm really not getting the vibes of having the TV show set an on earth but if this TV show would've take lessons from earth war then I'll accept it. Just please not in the Modern day

Quote"Set not too far into our future, it's the first 'Alien' story set on Earth"
f**k

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: seattle24 on Nov 06, 2021, 10:20:14 AM
So is James Cameron actually attached or is that waffle?

"Noah Hawley is attached as the showrunner of the new Alien series with both Ridley Scott and James Cameron heavily involved as producers according to John Landgraff."

Landgraff hasn't mentioned anything about Cameron being involved. That bit seems bunk.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: RidgeTop on Nov 06, 2021, 09:02:39 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 06, 2021, 07:44:08 AM

Sure seems that way.

Hmm, does this imply that these details match up with things you guys are aware of? The whole consciousness-in-another-body thing is intriguing – reminds me a bit of The Cold Forge and Avatar in the way it is described.

I've always taken Illuminerdi as one of those Scified-esque junk websites, though.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm not familiar with them myself. But let's just say we're happy to run this one on the front page shortly.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Sounds weird, thank god if true. Noah's at his best when being a weirdo.

I'm massively looking forward to the tone and texture of this show, it being Alien's just the cherry on top.

SiL

SiL

That character description is not the kind of scifi I am here for in my Alien movies so that's a bit of a bummer to read :-\

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

In case someone doesn't know the casting prototype names... (but probably will still recognize them once they see them.)

FX is looking to cast a man in his early 30s, open ethnicity, to play "Hermit." Hermit is a medic with the Army. The prototype they are looking for is Domhnall Gleeson

FX is also looking to cast a woman of any age and any ethnicity to play "Wendy." Wendy is Hermit's brother, but stuck in another person's body. Until now, Hermit believed his sister was killed in an experiment, but comes to realize that she is in fact in this soldier's body. They are looking for someone who is well muscled and able to do action. FX is also looking for someone with comedy chops. Danai Gurira is the prototype for this role.

FreeFacehugz

FreeFacehugz

"FX is also looking to cast a woman of any age and any ethnicity to play "Wendy." Wendy is Hermit's brother, but stuck in another person's body. Until now, Hermit believed his sister was killed in an experiment, but comes to realize that she is in fact in this soldier's body. "

How does this even make sense? They want a woman to play Hermits brother. The sister he thought was dead? Is it his brother or sister? Is this just going to be a big confusing trans plot stuffed into the alien universe? (a universe I 100% believe needs to stay as features. not tv shows)

with everything i've heard till now, i got a bad feelin about this drop.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

"Hermit's brother... his sister... she is in fact in this soldier's body."

[EDIT: posted same time as Facehuggz]

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

It could be a scenario where the sister brother is an android which would explain whatever that transformation is. Just a program booted up into a different android body.

Alternatively it's a really clumsy way of saying they want a trans character.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed