Possible Character Details

Started by RidgeTop, Nov 06, 2021, 05:38:32 AM

Author
Possible Character Details (Read 49,168 times)

SiL

SiL

QuoteLook...if they are looking for a 'actor/model to progress the story throughout the series' they should just say that instead of being purposefully ambiguous.
This is much more ambiguous than "we're looking for a Domnhal Gleeson" type ???

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

a body swap plot sounds absolutely terrible and I genuinely do not see what it has do to with this franchise

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

Calling it know the alien tv show is gonna to be a bad dark comedy

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Nov 07, 2021, 02:41:47 AM
a body swap plot sounds absolutely terrible and I genuinely do not see what it has do to with this franchise

.... "Wait a minute! I'd recognize that f**k-the-company nihilism anywhere. You're not my Jesuit Professor you're Lieutenant Ellen Ripley! And that janitor mopping the floors, you're Newt - you're the only survivors of the fate of the Sulaco! What are you doing working on this transport ship to the company research lab orbiting Saturn?"

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Bug hunt wilson on Nov 07, 2021, 02:56:25 AM
Calling it know the alien tv show is gonna to be a bad dark comedy

I personally can't wait for the dance numbers.
https://youtu.be/r3fmppeSAYQ

TC

TC

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 07, 2021, 11:46:34 AM
I personally can't wait for the dance numbers.

Richman678

Richman678

It's possible Cameron gets involved if a Queen is present....he did design the Queen after all.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I really really really doubt that.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Since his mind has been on Pandora for over a decade...is James Cameron interested in Alien at all?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

"It's like, okay, we've got it, we've got the whole Freudian biomechanoid meme. I've seen it in 100 horror films since. I think both of those films stand at a certain point in time, as a reference point. But is there any validity to doing another one now? I don't know. Maybe. Let's see, jury's out. Let's see what Ridley comes up with." -James Cameron

He's clearly not interested.

(Image from Legion FX Directed by Noah Hawley)

But who's very interested?
From Hawley's perspective, 20th Century's Alien films—helmed by Scott, James Cameron and David FIncher—have always been "great monster movies" that are "not just monster movies. "They're about humanity trapped between our primordial, parasitic past and our artificial intelligence future—and they're both trying to kill us," he said. "Here you have human beings and they can't go forward and they can't go back."

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Well that Jim quote put my doubt to rest for sure.  :laugh:

..and to be honest, after two prequels, I think we're lucky to have someone genuinely interested in the Alien, like Noah is now.

Evanus

Evanus

I don't think any of the previous directors are interested in doing more Alien.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Wendy is Hermit's sister, not brother, and the body her consciousness is in is a synthetic one.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Remember when I said in the past I thought this was right up Ridley's street? Little hint of that there.  ;)

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: RidgeTop on Nov 07, 2021, 10:31:11 PM
Wendy is Hermit's sister, not brother, and the body her consciousness is in is a synthetic one.
Sounds like something Weyland would've tried.. Interesting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed