Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 209,936 times)

judge death

The explanations I got is in short:
Such as effect flora and fauna.

"What we see in Alien Covenant's that it only targets fauna, not flora.

The films always take precedence yes?

but all the information you need's in Covenant, you just have to be able to recognise things for what they are."

seen prometheus maybe 15 times and covenant 20 times but its not explaining clearly the rules the black goo work and even contradicts itself.

I do listen to your info and not ignoring it but its not explaining it in detail and setting up clear rules for how the black goo work.  like these examples why it in certain cases mutates a creature, and in the next scenario kills instead of mutating it, (and in the next make hybrids? not canon so can skip this one but in my head it exist)

Or when it creates these spore pods/mushrroms, is it related to time, temperature, like what exactly needs to happen for it to create such things?
My best theory is david somehow made experiments on the creatures and one resulted in those mushroom spore pods, spore pods as some call them. But the movie dont tell what made them to exist and what needs to happen to make them happen natrually?

and like prometheus shown: the creatures the black goo get in contact with and mutates has acid blood, and in covenant it lacks that and kills directly instead. Neomorphs had normal blood, no acid blood.

The movies didnt explain it completely and leaving it vauge for guessing, myself want full explanation and clear rule like: black goo get in contact with a creature it will mutate it by: x amount of black goo, and y amount of hours will result in this: x. If the finished creature get in contact with black goo again: nothing will happen.

OR: black goo when in contact with plants will mutate them into spore carrying pods after ca 1 day. (a s example, it didnt do it in covenant but its an example., clear rules like how the xeno work or basicly anything).

BlueMarsalis79

We know the Pods with the Motes within them get created by the Pathogen coming into contact with pollen, forming together in areas with sufficient moisture like fungus usually does normally, but that's an example of one I thought obvious personally.

judge death

Quote from: Trash Queen on May 04, 2021, 08:54:54 PM
We know the Pods with the Motes within them get created by the Pathogen coming into contact with pollen, forming together in areas with sufficient moisture like fungus usually does normally, but that's an example of one I thought obvious personally.
That was new to me and never seen or heard anyone coming up with that explanation actually :P Well that explains this question that has bugged me and others here(irl) who try to make sense of it.

BlueMarsalis79

Ask me another one if you want to, but I have discussed this before a long time ago, and it's one that's obvious to me anyway because of the places we see them in the film.

[cancerblack]

If I made a youtube video with EXPLAINED!!1! in the thumbnail that just repeats what TQ says I bet people would listen.

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah that's the way it is.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Deadmeat on May 04, 2021, 04:46:40 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 30, 2021, 11:31:58 PM

Actually, I would be most happy to watch a movie about the development of this movie. I already have the cast in mind.  ;D

Spoiler
Owen Teale as Ridley Scott

kyle Maclachlan as Dariusz Wolski

Chris Martin as Jon Spaihts

David Cross as Damon Lindelof

Benicio del Toro as Carlos Huante

Noomi Rapace as Noomi Rapace

Helen Mirren as Janty Yates

James Cromwell as Arthur Max

[close]

something something truman show

You mean a movie about Ridley Scott doing a science fiction reality show centered on an individual who is not an actor playing a character, but rather a real person who has lived a lie all his life. His mother needed the money and she chose to sell her baby to Disney, so the child lives and grow up in a dome that simulates a space colony on another planet. He believes that he lives in the future and that he was able to create monsters using ancient alien alchemy. However, one day he discovers the truth, and Ridley Scott ends up in jail or something.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 30, 2021, 09:07:58 PMI think Charles's motivations are less cringe (to be historically immortal rather than lIterally immortal)

I preferred his motives in Spaihts' original script tbh - he just wants the Engineers' terraforming tech so he can get richer. Not only do I find that more believable, it ties in nicely with the heartless corporation angle of the Alien films.

BigDaddyJohn

Really don't know what to think of it at this point... I never saw Legion. I mistrust Ridley Scott since many years now, but he did serve as an executive producer for The Terror, which was great, so you never know.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I recently learned (a little late  :laugh:) that although his involvement as a producer was announced prematurely, there is no official confirmation of that.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 05, 2021, 09:34:21 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 30, 2021, 09:07:58 PMI think Charles's motivations are less cringe (to be historically immortal rather than lIterally immortal)

I preferred his motives in Spaihts' original script tbh - he just wants the Engineers' terraforming tech so he can get richer. Not only do I find that more believable, it ties in nicely with the heartless corporation angle of the Alien films.

Yes, it made a lot of sense that the tech magnate have as his main motivation to own alien gadgets. He is described as a less snobbish and more rustic businessman if my memory serves. The Ewing family of Dallas comes to mind.  :laugh:

Edit ~ He wasn't about to die of old age in Spaihts's writing though.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 05, 2021, 03:35:48 PM
Really don't know what to think of it at this point... I never saw Legion. I mistrust Ridley Scott since many years now, but he did serve as an executive producer for The Terror, which was great, so you never know.

Do watch Legion then, or Fargo Season 1, and 2, and 3, and 4 if it continually takes your fancy.

Still Collating...

Quote from: Trash Queen on May 04, 2021, 08:54:54 PM

Sources? Has that been confirmed anywhere? Even though I do consider that explanation the most plausible, you probably mean fungal spores, right? Since pollen is only plant based and we know the pathogen doesn't react much, if at all with plants.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Trash Queen on May 05, 2021, 05:06:38 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 05, 2021, 03:35:48 PM

Do watch Legion then, or Fargo Season 1, and 2, and 3, and 4 if it continually takes your fancy.

I enjoyed Fargo season one, but gave up on season 2 though...

Evanus

I trust Hawley, I really liked Fargo. The first 3 seasons at least, haven't watched 4. I'm sure he can make a good Alien show. I'm just worried about the setting, and whether it has any effect on the prequel series being continued.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Evanus on May 05, 2021, 05:32:16 PM
I trust Hawley, I really liked Fargo. The first 3 seasons at least, haven't watched 4. I'm sure he can make a good Alien show. I'm just worried about the setting, and whether it has any effect on the prequel series being continued.

I would have to believe the performance of Alien Covenant, and the downwards trajectory of performance from Prometheus to Alien Covenant, closed the door on another prequel sequel. Or do you perhaps mean that rumored prequel television series?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed