Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 206,355 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 26, 2021, 10:51:49 PM
:laugh: multiverse, crossovers?

Sounds like the opposite to me.

Immortan Jonesy

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 26, 2021, 11:57:13 PM

I do wonder, though, how continuity is going to work moving forward between Dark Horse/Titan/Marvel. The Titan stuff seemed to have been drawing from Dark Horse's foundation in the last few years (with Zula, for example, appearing in one of the books if I'm not mistaken), but Johnson is here talking of one single continuity while writing for Marvel, and we know that with Into Charybdis White was working with Disney contacts through Titan, rather than Fox contacts like the process of writing The Cold Forge. I feel like there are bound to be complications between the Dark Horse and Marvel works, at the very least, with Titan materials caught in the middle.

And then an inevitable movie or show that will come along and sweep all of it under the rug again, starting the process anew.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 27, 2021, 12:00:38 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 26, 2021, 11:57:13 PM

I do wonder, though, how continuity is going to work moving forward between Dark Horse/Titan/Marvel. The Titan stuff seemed to have been drawing from Dark Horse's foundation in the last few years (with Zula, for example, appearing in one of the books if I'm not mistaken), but Johnson is here talking of one single continuity while writing for Marvel, and we know that with Into Charybdis White was working with Disney contacts through Titan, rather than Fox contacts like the process of writing The Cold Forge. I feel like there are bound to be complications between the Dark Horse and Marvel works, at the very least, with Titan materials caught in the middle.

And then an inevitable movie or show that will come along and sweep all of it under the rug again, starting the process anew.

Because of that last sentence, the former stuff isn't anything I'm losing sleep over.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Hopefully the cohesive universe will keep the prequel elements, which seems to be the case if you take into account the Fire Team game &  Into Charybdis. Seriously, with the latest prequel uncertain to happen, it's better than nothing. At least part of that legacy is not entirely lost.

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 27, 2021, 12:32:28 AM
Hopefully the cohesive universe will keep the prequel elements, which seems to be the if you take into account the Fire Team game &  Into Charybdis. Seriously, with the latest prequel uncertain to happen, it's better than nothing. At least part of that legacy is not entirely lost.
Agreed, and if the prequels stay canon, we can hold out hope for answers in flashbacks or something.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Apr 27, 2021, 12:52:28 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 27, 2021, 12:32:28 AM
Hopefully the cohesive universe will keep the prequel elements, which seems to be the if you take into account the Fire Team game &  Into Charybdis. Seriously, with the latest prequel uncertain to happen, it's better than nothing. At least part of that legacy is not entirely lost.
Agreed, and if the prequels stay canon, we can hold out hope for answers in flashbacks or something.

I wonder if Noah Hawley knows the prequels, and if so what would he think of them? Hopefully something enough good so he is seriously considering including part of that in his streaming series.

Nightmare Asylum

Hopefully the Ridley Scott-sized elephant in the room will see to that.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

This Noah bloke better watch his step or the elephant in the room will Blomkamp him.  :P

Kimarhi

Hawley might need to watch out for scott, but Scott will have to watch out for the Disney producers.  If Disney wants a more normal trilogy era based series then that is what they will get.  Scott be damned.

HOWEVER, the good news for prequel fans is that it seems that Disney/Marvel/Titan are eating the black goo shit up, so nothing to be worried about. 

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 27, 2021, 11:01:57 PM
HOWEVER, the good news for prequel fans is that it seems that Disney/Marvel/Titan are eating the black goo shit up, so nothing to be worried about.

I don't get it.  The black goo is painfully boring to me.  I didn't even like it when The X-Files did it first.

Evanus

Doubt we'll see any of that in the live action projects anyway.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 27, 2021, 11:05:18 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 27, 2021, 11:01:58 PM

I don't get it.  The black goo is painfully boring to me.  I didn't even like it when The X-Files did it first.

It rules in the right hands: see Alex White's writing.

Local Trouble

I read The Cold Forge, but I still don't see the appeal.

BlueMarsalis79

To be honest he gave it scientific basis, that it desperately required, then it affected someone in a narratively and thematically interesting way in the following story instead of just being a driving force.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed