Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 212,033 times)

BlueMarsalis79

I love it. Mostly.
I'd much rather have it all over the place like it is, than the alternative of a hyper managed canon or continuity, that decapitates anything interesting getting through.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 03, 2021, 04:59:56 PM
Maybe they're hoping that Randy can turn it around.

Huda is actually a huge closet ACM fan, which is why he hasn't fixed the Wiki entry yet.

He'll vehemently deny it of course.

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah, evident by the absolute state of the Michael Bishop page.

[cancerblack]

GIVE ME NEWS, MY BRAIN MEATS HUNGER FOR INFORMATION

Kradan

BlueMarsalis79

YES

Spoiler
yes yes yes

[close]

Kradan

IF YOU HAVE ANY NEWS - IT'S A GOOD TIME TO SHARE THEM !

[cancerblack]

SOMEBODY WAKE UP HICKS

Corporal Hicks

*in a very formal voice* I cannot yet reveal further information.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 04, 2021, 04:45:14 PMHuda is actually a huge closet ACM fan, which is why he hasn't fixed the Wiki entry yet.

:laugh:

It's sad, but I've not been on the wiki in months. The house move is dragging out, we've no internet service in our temporary residence and the truth is I can't afford to use up our limited mobile data allowance editing there :(

Although I feel I should add that a big part of the problem is there's never been any official confirmation that ACM has been jettisoned for us to cite. Add to which, just because it's not canon any more, that doesn't mean it doesn't need mentioning on the site. It still exists. Cruentus was working on a system whereby we could have multiple disparate plot strands included simultaneously, but I don't know how far he got with it.

Corporal Hicks

You're never going to get any. Best you can really take it from Drew.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, we resigned ourselves a long time ago to the fact there'll likely never be any official word on canon, but it makes changes like that a real ballache to deal with.

BlueMarsalis79

Just link to his page on the matter, that's enough.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 17, 2021, 06:41:26 AM
*in a very formal voice* I cannot yet reveal further information.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 17, 2021, 10:40:07 AM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 04, 2021, 04:45:14 PMHuda is actually a huge closet ACM fan, which is why he hasn't fixed the Wiki entry yet.

:laugh:

It's sad, but I've not been on the wiki in months. The house move is dragging out, we've no internet service in our temporary residence and the truth is I can't afford to use up our limited mobile data allowance editing there :(

Although I feel I should add that a big part of the problem is there's never been any official confirmation that ACM has been jettisoned for us to cite. Add to which, just because it's not canon any more, that doesn't mean it doesn't need mentioning on the site. It still exists. Cruentus was working on a system whereby we could have multiple disparate plot strands included simultaneously, but I don't know how far he got with it.
Actually, according to someone that worked on the Alien RPG, Fox doesn't consider ACM canon, the only traits from it that remain may be it's designs and technology, but everything else, specially the story, being considered "Legends".
https://roguereviewer.wordpress.com/2020/10/12/defining-canon-in-an-alien-world/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed