Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 210,732 times)

Kimarhi

I would generally prefer an eight episode series focused on a few characters and a main storyline.

Multi season stories tend to get overly bloated, and character motivations seem to become suspect over time.  Too many times characters abandon morals they had at the beginning of the series to set up some kind of plot point that is "cool" later on. 

I find smaller episodic content generally doesn't work as well.  Yes I watched a ton of Twilight Zone.  TZ worked less on the flat characters and more on the moral of the story. 

You won't be able to tell an Alien story like a TZ one. 

Xiggz456

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 26, 2021, 03:11:10 AM
I would generally prefer an eight episode series focused on a few characters and a main storyline.

Multi season stories tend to get overly bloated, and character motivations seem to become suspect over time.  Too many times characters abandon morals they had at the beginning of the series to set up some kind of plot point that is "cool" later on. 

I find smaller episodic content generally doesn't work as well.  Yes I watched a ton of Twilight Zone.  TZ worked less on the flat characters and more on the moral of the story. 

You won't be able to tell an Alien story like a TZ one. 

I'm with you on this. I also think 8 episodes is the way to go in order to get the most out of the budget per episode. Although I wonder what kind of budget FX will allow. Apparently Hawley's Legion cost roughly $4 million per episode. The Hulu original sci-fi series The First had an 8 episode season budget of $54.6 million which would be $6.8 million per episode. Then on the high end of budgets is The Mandalorian which gets around $15 million per episode. So my conservative guess would be that the budget will be closer to $5 million per episode.

Immortan Jonesy

Earth setting must be a Kenner Alien design per week.

Prez

Just read about Disney+ launching Star here soon in Australia.
I see all the Alien films are going to be on there. Curious if they are theatrical or director cut versions.
Oddly enough only Predators and Predator 2 are on there.
Neither the original or the most recent 4th film included.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 27, 2021, 07:16:49 PM

No CGI either. Practical Alien Kenner toy figurines filmed in stop-motion.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 28, 2021, 04:54:08 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 27, 2021, 07:16:49 PM

No CGI either. Practical Alien Kenner toy figurines filmed in stop-motion.

Would watch.  :D

BlueMarsalis79

All of Noah Hawley's stuff so far's been either eight episodes long or eleven episodes long. With either a three season story, or a somewhat self contained different story per each season, I'm up for either.

Immortan Jonesy

I'm burning with curiosity to watch this. From Noah, I haven't seen anything beyond Legion.

Kradan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 02, 2021, 01:03:03 AM
I'm burning with curiosity

Oh, it's you. I've thought it's Huggs

Pvt.Hickson

Hello everyone.

Been absent for years but i had to coment on this one.

How can any of you be remotely interested in this, after what colossal dog shit failure Alien Covenant was.
Alien franchise is beyond fixing at this point. Disney would have to retconned Covenant to f**k, but they are all to busy riding Scott's dick praising this motherf**ker for butchering the plot. I dare you to find/make me a compelling story arch that fixes xenomorph origins. I apologise for the venom filled post. I was holding it for way too long. The frustration and anger reached it's limits. We are all fans and i love you all.

Nightmare Asylum

Alien: Covenant is great. :)

Huggs

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 02, 2021, 06:43:42 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 02, 2021, 01:03:03 AM
I'm burning with curiosity

Oh, it's you. I've thought it's Huggs

Who? What..what? Who..say what? Who was I, what did I do?

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Pvt.Hickson on Feb 02, 2021, 05:41:54 PM
Hello everyone.

Been absent for years but i had to coment on this one.

How can any of you be remotely interested in this, after what colossal dog shit failure Alien Covenant was.
Alien franchise is beyond fixing at this point. Disney would have to retconned Covenant to f**k, but they are all to busy riding Scott's dick praising this motherf**ker for butchering the plot. I dare you to find/make me a compelling story arch that fixes xenomorph origins. I apologise for the venom filled post. I was holding it for way too long. The frustration and anger reached it's limits. We are all fans and i love you all.

I'm personally excited for this for a few reasons. One is the fact that it's a TV show and can expand on the story itself over several episodes and not just a 2hr movie.

And I hope they don't follow the Covenant storyline at all...😎

Pvt.Hickson

"And I hope they don't follow the Covenant storyline at all...😎"

They have to at this point, otherwise it woudn't make sense.

I'll say it. Disney should REBOOT the entire alien franchise. As much as i love them movies, they have the money and power to create brand spanking new ALIEN CINEMATIC UNIVERSE. Place where Alien and Predator series flourish, making justice to the source material. I mean, c'mon, look Dark Horse Comics done over the years. If they can make a bunch of old dudes in capes and spandex FUN, they'll have ez money with this.

BlueMarsalis79

And yet, the EU new or old exist(ed) simultaneously with the films, I guarantee this will be no different in that regard.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed