Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 210,960 times)

Kimarhi

Negative ghost rider.  Keep that in Ridley's little sideshow. 

Nightmare Asylum

I'll trade it for a wooden planet and some monks, then.

judge death

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 03, 2021, 06:02:07 AM
How does a wooden planet in space even work? One of the worst ideas I ever read from that script for a scifi movie xD

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: judge death on Jan 03, 2021, 09:35:19 AM
How does a wooden planet in space even work? One of the worst ideas I ever read from that script for a scifi movie xD

Maybe not for a space habitat, But launching wooden machines into space is not pseudoscientific.

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1343811796201844737

Nightmare Asylum

Even if it isn't super 'practical,' it'd make for a really interesting visual. Probably not ever going to happen in this franchise, and that's fine, but I'd love to see something run with the idea.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 03, 2021, 10:20:36 PM

Even if it isn't super 'practical,' it'd make for a really interesting visual. Probably not ever going to happen in this franchise, and that's fine, but I'd love to see something run with the idea.

Feels more like something fitting for Raised by Wolves or even Star Wars. I mean, the idea and concept is awe-inspiring but way too spectacular for the the attempted "realism" the majority of the Alien movies went for.

I could however see this in an Alien movie if it was created by another faction or off-shoot of Engineers.

Kimarhi

The whole idea is definitely Scott esque but I don't think even he would do it with Alien in the title. 

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Finally started watching FARGO (the tv series), and damn - I like it!

If the Alien tv series work like a FARGO in space mixed with OUTLAND, mixing in all the elements of corporate greed, govt/military corruption, the drudgery and everyday life of colonists, space truckers, contractors, Colonial Marshals, company employees and higher-ups with the brief presence of Colonial Marines at some point, while slowly leading up to the first real Xenomorph encounter, I think we'll be in for a treat. I picture a crime thriller drama set mostly in space, inhabited with sparse dry dark humor and "real people" everyday characters. But as the show progresses the veil slowly reveals tantalizing elements of mystery and big portions of lurking horror and dread.

As mentioned earlier I think it would be great if the show takes place shortly after W-Y went under, leaving a power vacuum for lesser corporations and players to fill while shamelessly scavenging on what W-Y left behind. There could be this mysterious ship with its even more mysterious cargo that mysteriously disappeared at some point between the events after ALIENS and before the end of A3 (hinting that it has something to do with whatever happened on Acheron). The ship and its cargo re-appeared then to be hijacked again... Much later in the season, after many false leads and parallel story lines, the ship is finally located and tracked down at some outer rim seemingly completely abandoned facility, and this is when speculations and rumors about the Xenomorph turn into real encounters, because we all know what was onboard that ship.

Kimarhi

I'm personally not interested in post WY, as that would imply Resurrection era goonery.

WY just doesn't need to dominate EVERY narrative line. 

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 04, 2021, 04:43:40 AM
I'm personally not interested in post WY, as that would imply Resurrection era goonery.

WY just doesn't need to dominate EVERY narrative line.

Hmmm, yeah, I get where you're coming from.

Personally I think it's necessary to end the hegemony of W-Y, and with the W-Y gone one opens up to a lot of new possibilities and story lines. It's also a great story and mystery to uncover, i.e. to why W-Y, is in the real reason, to why W-Y went under after being the most prolific, pioneering and powerful corporation ever. What happened? What did they hide? Where did all the money and R&D go?

Necronomicon II

Yes but now my sneakers have been bought out by Walmart, Walmart will be after you next.

[cancerblack]

Disney needs to give us something juicy so we can argue for another 40 pages.

Nightmare Asylum

Disney needs to clarify what "Not too far in the future here on Earth" means...

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 15, 2021, 12:54:49 AM

Maybe "Not too far in the future" means immediately after Aliens. Then, they will premiere a teaser with a series of random scenes before the screen goes black. That's when we go to hear a familiar voice saying:

Michael Biehn: No one's ever really gone ~  :-*

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 15, 2021, 01:11:32 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 15, 2021, 12:54:49 AM

Maybe "Not too far in the future" means immediately after Aliens. Then, they will premiere a teaser with a series of random scenes before the screen goes black. That's when we go to hear a familiar voice saying:

Michael Biehn: No one's ever really gone ~  :-*

Turk?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed