Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 210,019 times)

skhellter

Noah Hawley's debut feature has an impressive 21% RT score...
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/lucy_in_the_sky

huhh... is this really the guy we want handling Alien? :|

kwisatz

They should build some fake sets where Ridley can run riot with Crowe and Fassbender and twentyfive simultaneous cameras.

Put it all on some 4K Special Edition and take my 80$.

SiL

Quote from: skhellter on Dec 30, 2020, 12:49:03 AM
Noah Hawley's debut feature has an impressive 21% RT score...
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/lucy_in_the_sky

huhh... is this really the guy we want handling Alien? :|
His TV series have substantially better reviews.

But yes that film was terrible. I was on a 12 hour plane ride and still didn't think it was worth watching more than 10 minutes.

Necronomicon II

Quote from: skhellter on Dec 30, 2020, 12:46:09 AM
Quote from: Evanus on Dec 29, 2020, 11:48:43 PM
I'm just assuming they're trying to get him aboard for his name, nothing more. We know they basically lied in the investor call by saying he was already working alongside Hawley, while he's in talks only... which doesn't give me hope. I wonder why the talks are taking this long anyway.

Talks are taking long because Ridley probably took a look at what they are trying to do and is saying..
"Nope. f**k that".

Yeah blacklabel is right, although it's more likely that Scott is busy with post-production, covid, etc. If it leads up to Giger-esque sexual A.I. goodness I'm all aboard. 🥰

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: judge death on Dec 29, 2020, 11:33:04 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 29, 2020, 11:14:31 PM
Quote from: Master on Dec 28, 2020, 11:08:43 PM
It should be set between Alien 3 and Resurrection with W-Y revisiting Derelict.

I'd imagine that the explosion the size of Nebraska most likely took care of that. ;)
IT took the colonists years to find that ship so I doubt it was near enough to be destrroyed by the explosion, also the planet is rocky and full of mountains and hills so the enviroment will be a good protection for it, can easily see it being unaffected by the atmosphere processors explosion.

Maybe some mercenary contractors or company spec-ops (be it W-Y or some other company, like Seegson maybe), went into the  Derelict after Ripley & Co left LV426, harvested some eggs and artifacts and then blew up the Derelict before anyone else could get their hands on it as the Hadley's Hope incident was most likely going to be thoroughly investigated? Maybe the special operations company/mercenary ship "disappeared" shortly after they left the planet, not to be heard from again until years after the events in A3, which is when the Alien tv series takes place. Maybe it's a race between different actors/parties/factions to get their hands on the lost ship and its cargo.

Again, if W-Y went under before the tv series we'd see other companies trying to fill the power vacuum and scavenge the carcass of the great wasgreacorporate behemoth - it would make for an interesting scenario with lots of intrigues, mystery and corruption.
I think a sci-fi crime crime drama thriller with horror and action elements would fit quite well.

Master

I'd imagine that the explosion the size of Nebraska most likely took care of that. ;)
IT took the colonists years to find that ship so I doubt it was near enough to be destrroyed by the explosion, also the planet is rocky and full of mountains and hills so the enviroment will be a good protection for it, can easily see it being unaffected by the atmosphere processors explosion.

Heyah, I was thinking the same. Jordens were given specific coordinates to get to the Derelict.  It wasn't no where near Hadley's Hope. The explosion size of Nebraska was more of the way of speaking - pretty f**king big explosion, not the actual blast radius.
I'm not being anal about it, they can get Alien from wherever they want. I'd just prefer tying some lose ends. Lv-426 Derelict and Bovotoya Queen both are in Schrödinger's box now. Can be used, can be destroyed  and it's all cool with me.

skhellter

LV426 is super tiny though.
Always felt like a convenience that the colonists hadn't mapped Acheron thoroughly upon landing (via satellites/drones, etc.)

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Hey I haven't even mapped my bedroom properly, who knows what lurks in the shadows... *finds melted gummy bear*

Besides, every error colonists make in this franchise is answered for with the line, "dumb ass colonists". 😅

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Master on Dec 30, 2020, 09:40:02 AM
Heyah, I was thinking the same. Jordens were given specific coordinates to get to the Derelict.  It wasn't no where near Hadley's Hope. The explosion size of Nebraska was more of the way of speaking - pretty f**king big explosion, not the actual blast radius.
I'm not being anal about it, they can get Alien from wherever they want. I'd just prefer tying some lose ends. Lv-426 Derelict and Bovotoya Queen both are in Schrödinger's box now. Can be used, can be destroyed  and it's all cool with me.

As far as lingering 'sources' of the Alien go, LV-223 (as a source of the Pathogen, not the Alien proper), Planet 4 with David's stash, and the entirety of the Covenant are all out there at the moment.

Until something says otherwise, it makes the most sense to me to assume that the LV-426 Derelict was taken out in the explosion. But I guess, if they want to use it, there isn't anything stopping them.

Quote from: skhellter on Dec 30, 2020, 12:35:55 PM
LV426 is super tiny though.
Always felt like a convenience that the colonists hadn't mapped Acheron thoroughly upon landing (via satellites/drones, etc.)

Or Pups. ;)

David Weyland

If the derelict hadn't been destroyed, I don't think WY would have been in such a hurry to get hold of Ripley on Fiorina 161 or Bishop(The human version) wouldn't have been so frantically distraught when Ripley decided to fall to her death.
It would be like oh well, at least we have the derelict

skhellter

Ya, it was clearly destroyed according to Alien 3...

but of course.. if the future plans involve retconning Alien3...
Seemed like Blomkamp wanted to do just that:

Kradan

Honestly, I would love to see Blomkamp's take on Alien if only to see that visual realised ^^^

skhellter

Ridley already gave us 3 different Derelicts. No need for the return of that specific one. ;D

Kradan

I mean, I would just love to see hangar that big it would be able to cover Derelict  :D. And I still refuse to believe it's smaller than freaking Nostromo

skhellter

skhellter

back on topic, though.

At the end of the day, if this show turns out to be good... cool.

If it's crap it won't damage the franchise any more than Resurrection, 2 AVP's, Colonial Marines and Prometheus already did.

Count me among the doubters, though...

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/may/22/fargo-creator-noah-hawley-stanley-kubrick-with-the-ocd
i mean....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed