Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 210,772 times)

David Weyland

Could explain it away as how 'Fresh' the eggs are-
The long gestation period of Kane could a) Be the decade/thousands of years the Derelict was dormant making the payload a little sleepy in its cycle b) Ash & Dallas try and remove it, facehugger was just trying to make sure job done.
Besides Kane is busted within an hour of waking up, Ash if you look closely is expecting it to happen any moment so...
Hadley's Hope, no proof that lady weren't caught 20 minutes before the Marines turned up
Alien 3 was pretty quick, Ripley's was a Queen so nothing broken(Yet) there, a week sounds cool

In Covenant, although not Xenos, the Neomorphs were bourne within two hours max but also ditto Oram & Lope
The source of contaminant was 1st generation from black goo so All fresh
More to it than the creatures I reckon, host's metabolism and conditions could very well play a part, therefore think it's ok to give slack here if you choose to think about it rather than being driven by the franchise sequence

judge death

Quote from: David's Creation on Dec 25, 2020, 08:05:31 PM
It drives us fans nuts, but I'm sure a lot of creative types get it - (and us fans usually manage to fudge together an explanation anyway.)
This is me, to me it should make sense and when making a movie in a franchise, to me logic should tell that one need to study the previous movies and lore carefully before starting a new movie so it dont contradict what is already established, like cameron did in aliens, even the pistol stuck in the door of the shuttle he managed to get right. :P
And to the changes and adds he made he had explanations that fit together with what we have seen before.
But apparently few directors pay attention like that.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: judge death on Dec 25, 2020, 09:19:14 PM
It drives us fans nuts, but I'm sure a lot of creative types get it - (and us fans usually manage to fudge together an explanation anyway.)
This is me, to me it should make sense and when making a movie in a franchise, to me logic should tell that one need to study the previous movies and lore carefully before starting a new movie so it dont contradict what is already established, like cameron did in aliens, even the pistol stuck in the door of the shuttle he managed to get right. :P
And to the changes and adds he made he had explanations that fit together with what we have seen before.

To be fair, he also put a light on top of Ripley's suit helmet, when it didn't have one in the prior film.

Nukiemorph

The simplest explanation is that it's a protomorph/praetomorph. Different creature.

But also... the chestburster in Aliens had arms too.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

In order of importance, base genotype and phenotype, host influence, habitation influence.

Kradan

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Dec 25, 2020, 10:13:16 PM
Quote from: judge death on Dec 25, 2020, 09:19:14 PM

To be fair, he also put a light on top of Ripley's suit helmet, when it didn't have one in the prior film.

Take that, Cameron fanboys !  ;D

SpreadEagleBeagle

Maybe it's because the Black Goo is a part of the Xenomorph, as in 95-98% harnessed through its being, and thus sometimes manifests its "volatility" (as in random mutations, flukes and attributes), especially when it comes to gestation and birth?

After all, David "created" the thing in a homemade lab on an alien planet with a random selection of specimens to experiment on whilst the Black Goo is this complex ancient hyper-advanced technology (potentially distilled and synthesized from some ancestral primordial Xenomorph-esque organism) that David is way too giddy with.

Xenomrph

In the commentary for Prometheus, Ridley acknowledged the size discrepancy between the jockey and the engineer. He said he felt it was more important to have an actor playing the engineer be physically on set with the other actors, rather than awkwardly green-screened in.

This is a good example of how Ridley focuses on making each individual movie the best it can be, even if it comes at the expense of canon and continuity.
I don't think it's a particularly good example because turning the Space Jockey into a suit, no matter how big/small it is, umdermines the Jockey's impact as an otherworldly inhuman being in 'Alien'.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 26, 2020, 08:31:41 PM
In the commentary for Prometheus, Ridley acknowledged the size discrepancy between the jockey and the engineer. He said he felt it was more important to have an actor playing the engineer be physically on set with the other actors, rather than awkwardly green-screened in.

This is a good example of how Ridley focuses on making each individual movie the best it can be, even if it comes at the expense of canon and continuity.
I don't think it's a particularly good example because turning the Space Jockey into a suit, no matter how big/small it is, umdermines the Jockey's impact as an otherworldly inhuman being in 'Alien'.

Making the Jockey into the humanoid Engineer was "best" for the narrative of Prometheus. That doesn't necessarily mean that it is the "best" possible take on the Space Jockey (I fully agree that it isn't), but it is the "best" version of them that Ridley and his team were able to develop that would serve the particular ideas and story that he wanted to explore while making Prometheus, and I'd say that that is a totally fair approach on his end. If nobody above him is going to tell him "no," then he is entirely within his his right to reinterpret ideas as he sees fit. I'm sure Hawley and any other future filmmakers will, too.

Scott's never been a stickler for continuity and that's very obvious in his approach on the prequels. The story he's telling in the moment and the themes that connect it back to the original are what matter to him, and not so much specific plot/design elements that the fans hold dear as "canon."

HuDaFuK

I really don't know why Scott has such a hard-on for explaining the engineers and telling us where the Alien came from, because for me, they were the two questions I didn't want answered.

Nightmare Asylum

I'm inclined to think that most people in the general audience probably feel that way, and as a result I'm not really expecting to see much in the way of further developing David or Ridley's ideas about creation here in this show.

Voodoo Magic

The Engineer is cooked?

Nightmare Asylum

They're just a bit crispy, is all.

Voodoo Magic

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 26, 2020, 11:15:55 PM
They're just a bit crispy, is all.

Do they taste like jerky, is the question.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed