Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 206,196 times)

Kimarhi

I only remember two big action sequences.

But its been probably 12 years or so since I read it. 

Xenomrph

Alien3 is cool and good, you philistines

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 22, 2020, 09:17:40 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 22, 2020, 09:13:46 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 22, 2020, 03:34:13 AM
Bring back the old jockeys. 

My man.

The Mala'kaka'laka?
Merry Christmas to you too

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 23, 2020, 03:10:27 AM

It can keep being as cool as you want it to be.

Spoiler
As long as it's no longer canon.
[close]

Xenomrph

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Voodoo Magic

kwisatz

kwisatz

It can't be David Fincher.

Spoiler
Or is it?  ;)
[close]

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 23, 2020, 03:31:50 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 23, 2020, 03:17:21 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Is that you Lord Vader?

It's Bishop II. DUH

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 23, 2020, 03:15:31 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 23, 2020, 03:10:27 AM

It can keep being as cool as you want it to be.

Spoiler
As long as it's no longer canon.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 23, 2020, 12:42:08 AM
I think Gibson's script is probably the best of all the unmade movies.  There would've had to have been tweaks of course, but the whole virality without needing the eggs with people turning into monsters was basically stolen in Prometheus and Covenant, and to a much worse effect because none of the shit in those movies was scary.

I will note that I prefer the Gibson script with the mass populace on Anchorpoint.

I absolutely hate the first draft, and the second is probably my favourite out of all of them. The 2nd isn't without it's issues, it did need more revisions, but out of the rest of them, I find it the best. I love that Audible of it so much. I never used to like the spore angle, but since Covenant I've really come around to it.

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 23, 2020, 08:54:30 AM
I absolutely hate the first draft, and the second is probably my favourite out of all of them.

Why so ? I don't recall Gibson's first draft to be that terrible. Red's is so much worse

skhellter

skhellter

Eric Red's was also 100% based on ideas of Giler and Hill.  :laugh:
He hated writing it.  :laugh:

Giler and Hill were really just throwing darts at a wall to see what stuck.

And then they chose... Vincent Ward.  :laugh:

An Alien 3 behind the scenes biopic would feel like a Seinfeld episode.

I absolutely hate the first draft, and the second is probably my favourite out of all of them.

To its credit, that first draft doesn't waste time with rote characterization on its first few pages. the UPP moving silently through the Sulaco would work better on a visual level. Things do move a lot faster there.
(The introduction of Tully and Jackson is also better without that stupid ass sex scene.)

I do wonder if Gill/Hiller insisted on a sex scene because Eric Red's also has... that one...
:laugh:

Kradan

I never thought of that !  :D

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 23, 2020, 12:42:08 AM
I think Gibson's script is probably the best of all the unmade movies.  There would've had to have been tweaks of course, but the whole virality without needing the eggs with people turning into monsters was basically stolen in Prometheus and Covenant, and to a much worse effect because none of the shit in those movies was scary.

I will note that I prefer the Gibson script with the mass populace on Anchorpoint.

I absolutely hate the first draft, and the second is probably my favourite out of all of them. The 2nd isn't without it's issues, it did need more revisions, but out of the rest of them, I find it the best. I love that Audible of it so much. I never used to like the spore angle, but since Covenant I've really come around to it.

I could come around to Covenant as long as it turns out that David's creation is just a figment of his imagination, as ADF implied.

skhellter

I like David as the creator of the Alien.....

It's the fact that he creates the Alien only 20 years before Alien that gives me pause. :laugh:

Whatever plan Ridley had to tie everything together was gonna be some laughable contrived bullshit.  :laugh:

Kradan

That's why I hope they will drop trying to connect it to Alien in the third prequel. Let it be it's own self-contained story. One can dream ...

skhellter

Ridley doesn't care whether a story is contrived or not.

the whole Deckard is an android thing in The Final Cut...  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed