Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 211,978 times)

Kradan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 22, 2020, 11:35:02 PM
space kradans regime  🤣

Wait, wut ?  :D This goes into my signature

But seriously, it's possible to create a non-human Space Jokcey design that's actually cool  :laugh:

And the only man who could've done it is now dead

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

directed by David Lynch.

I always longed for some sort of Lynch/Giger collaboration on anything. I guess Lynch didn't much like Giger and Scott though, since he accused them of ripping off his Eraserhead baby with Alien's chestburster, despite Scott not having seen Lynch's film at the time. Giger came to learn of this when Lynch's Dune went into production; he tried to get a job on that, since he had previously been attached to both Jodorowsky and Scott's versions.

http://alienexplorations.blogspot.com/1983/03/gigers-attempt-to-board-lynchs-dune.html

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 22, 2020, 09:22:52 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 22, 2020, 09:13:46 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 22, 2020, 03:34:13 AM
Bring back the old jockeys. 
My man.

I know this is controversial, and while I find both Alien3 and Prometheus entertaining enough.... Retcon everything but Alien and Aliens and I'll smack a kiss of joy on everyone I meet till premiere day!!! 💋

It's not controversial, it's actually rather popular, just also boring and trite.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Dec 22, 2020, 11:52:02 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 22, 2020, 09:22:52 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 22, 2020, 09:13:46 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 22, 2020, 03:34:13 AM
Bring back the old jockeys. 
My man.

I know this is controversial, and while I find both Alien3 and Prometheus entertaining enough.... Retcon everything but Alien and Aliens and I'll smack a kiss of joy on everyone I meet till premiere day!!! 💋

It's not controversial, it's actually rather popular, just also boring and trite.

At least it'll resolve the Egg on Sulaco thread.

Nightmare Asylum

How did the Sulaco get around the egg?

Kimarhi

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 22, 2020, 10:58:40 PM

I will never see this and not just die laughing. Man, I just really don't like those original three Dark Horse runs that follow on from Aliens at all. I keep getting worried that they're going to want to ape the "Earth War" concept from those books in this show. :-X

Alien 3 is an absolute mess of a movie, but I do find it infinitely more interesting that just about any other story for a third film that was being floated around (and that includes what little we know about Blomkamp's). Though there is some 'stuff' from Gibson's that I do like, even though I don't like the script/story as a whole. And I would love to see Ward's wooden planet concept repurposed down the line...

I don't think anybody envisioned the Jockey in Alien having human armor and lasers. 

Except Verheiden. 

I don't mind the Aliens sequel comics, but nobody was looking at the comics for the next films anyways.  I think most rational people knew they were going to get nuked by whatever the next film was going to be.  Even if it was going to be an Aliens II. 

skhellter

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 22, 2020, 10:58:40 PM
Though there is some 'stuff' from Gibson's that I do like, even though I don't like the script/story as a whole.

That whole story was from Giler/Hill via a very detailed outline.
Gibson was just tasked with turning that outline into a proper script.

He did alright, considering how silly some of those concepts are. (an egg in bishop? what?)

Kimarhi

I think Gibson's script is probably the best of all the unmade movies.  There would've had to have been tweaks of course, but the whole virality without needing the eggs with people turning into monsters was basically stolen in Prometheus and Covenant, and to a much worse effect because none of the shit in those movies was scary.

I will note that I prefer the Gibson script with the mass populace on Anchorpoint. 

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 23, 2020, 12:37:41 AM
I don't think anybody envisioned the Jockey in Alien having human armor and lasers. 

Except Verheiden. 

Yeah, that's definitely an extreme worse case scenario. And I would genuinely be all over seeing a 'proper' Space Jockey if someone had the right vision for it (design wise and narratively).

skhellter

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 23, 2020, 12:42:08 AM
I will note that I prefer the Gibson script with the mass populace on Anchorpoint.

ehh 2nd draft works a lot better to me.
Gibson was definitely going for a more Alien-y tone there and that fits the story better.
I do miss some of the setpieces in that first draft, though.

Comic adaptation was terrible.
Audible play was a lot of fun.

Kimarhi

A combination of the two would work better. 

I liked people not knowing who was going to spontaneously change into the Alien because of the whole infection aspect (that works better if you have more people), but the whole running around outside the spaceship while alien queens chased you was silly.  The ending of the 2nd was better. 

I liked the comic adaption, but I have a higher degree of cheeze tolerance in comic form than I do in film.   

skhellter

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 23, 2020, 12:51:49 AM
A combination of the two would work better. 

I liked people not knowing who was going to spontaneously change into the Alien because of the whole infection aspect (that works better if you have more people), but the whole running around outside the spaceship while alien queens chased you was silly.  The ending of the 2nd was better. 

true. And Gibson often described that first version of Anchorpoint as a Syd Mead techno dream so.... it is missed.

found the art in that comic objectively bad.

Weird, given that the artist has done and continues to do very good work elsewhere.

Felt like a rushed production by Dark Horse...

Nightmare Asylum

The art in the comic just felt so lazy and half assed that I couldn't keep going with it. I'd rather just read the scripts. Do want to listen to the Audible drama, though.

Kimarhi

I recognize it as being mediocre............but again I don't know why my brain is like this but sometimes I dig bad art.  Got no idea why.

Alchemy is one of my favorite comics and the art is very bleh. 

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 23, 2020, 12:53:33 AM
I'd rather just read the scripts. Do want to listen to the Audible drama, though.

There's a lot of very dry, Alien-y technical dialogue in those scripts that works a lot better with.. real actors, as it was meant to be done.

skip reading the 2nd draft, stick with the audible thing.

If you want the full on experience of a "pure, crazy story by Giler/Hill with even more action than Aliens..." go read that first draft. It's the one unmade Alien script that can be accurately described as "Kenner".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed