Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 210,864 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 20, 2020, 08:55:08 PM
Yep. It'd have to be very late 2100s or, more likely, somewhere in the 2200s or beyond, for the Earth setting to make much sense at all.

And even that already requires pretty much discounting Resurrection...

Thats what I mean, who knows what kind of discounting, squeezing, bending in or out if continuity or retconning will occur, but if the beast exists in the 2100s, that stretch of 100 years is not too early depending on how it's all approached. Guess we'll see...

[cancerblack]

Crazy Rich

The more I try to make an Earth setting make sense in my head... the more it hurts.

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Dec 20, 2020, 01:46:37 PM
Aliens with high functioning autism.

That would require writing talent that does not yet exist.

Master

There is already the Alien Queen next to Bovotoya. Fish her out, take to remote underwater lab, make sure  everything blows by the end of the season and all is well with canon.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Master on Dec 20, 2020, 10:34:23 PM
There is already the Alien Queen next to Bovotoya.

Is there though?

Master

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 20, 2020, 10:55:57 PM
There is already the Alien Queen next to Bovotoya.

Is there though?

There is such possibility  ;D

MudButt

Let's have the series be the best it can be and ignore continuity. It might fit in really great but I'd prefer a great show versus a show that doesn't retcon the films.

Crazy Rich

Well I'm open to being proven wrong about my doubts, like when I thought Alien Isolation was going to be poop because Aliens: Colonial Marines was very poop but Isolation proved me wrong by actually being pretty great.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: MudButt on Dec 21, 2020, 02:14:09 AM
Let's have the series be the best it can be and ignore continuity. It might fit in really great but I'd prefer a great show versus a show that doesn't retcon the films.

I'm in the same boat.

Kimarhi

so we are using the dark horse continuity style then

Mr.Turok

Wait, is it true that Scott dislikes the idea of a Queen? If so, wouldn't that mean he would try to use to this show to decanonize that idea?

There is already the Alien Queen next to Bovotoya. Fish her out, take to remote underwater lab, make sure  everything blows by the end of the season and all is well with canon.

Well.....that would mean acknowledging AVP, and he don't like that film.

Quote from: MudButt on Dec 21, 2020, 02:14:09 AM

One can do both.

Honestly I just want consistency so we don't get another canon war that just goes deeper in the muck hole and the fires hotter than the ones in hell that burn satan's ass.

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Dec 21, 2020, 07:18:36 AM
Wait, is it true that Scott dislikes the idea of a Queen? If so, wouldn't that mean he would try to use to this show to decanonize that idea?

Well after a quick google search one source from 2017 said he's been tight lipped about the other films while a 2018 source has said he's actually praised the Queen (more concrete answers are appreciated though, as I kinda want to take what I found with a grain of salt).

But let's say for arguments sake he dislikes the idea of the Queen, he can certainly try to decanonize the idea assuming he wants to and that he's allowed to go that far.

But I feel that backlash from fans would be guaranteed and swift.

Nukiemorph

The Advent short hinted that David was planning to use Daniels to make a queen. I take this to mean Scott was respecting the queen concept.

Necronomicon II

The motes that form when the pathogen atomizes are tiny egg layers so the Queen is merely an extension of that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed