Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 210,794 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 16, 2020, 01:02:37 PM
Quote from: skhellter on Dec 16, 2020, 12:16:24 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 16, 2020, 09:59:13 AM
Given Ridley's involvement, I would expect it would.

Is his involvement even seriously confirmed?
In the presentation they said Noah would work alongside Ridley
but in the trades after the presentation most of them said Ridley was still in "talks" to produce the show.

To our understanding, yes, Ridley is 100% signed on. The show didn't actually start active development until after that.

I retract this. It's still talks.

Voodoo Magic

Corporal Hicks

Nah, was just some miscommunication.

Necronomicon II

Somebody wake up Hicks.  :D

Voodoo Magic

It's fair to say at this point that Ridley Scott will likely not have any creative involvement with the series, not like an executive producer would normally have anyway. But its good business to get his name attached to the series. It's a good credential to have from financing to audiences.

Kimarhi

I would actually be happier if he wasn't involved.

He's a madman who changes his thoughts and feelings about the franchise at a whim.

Alien is my favorite, but ALL of the rest of the movies he has been involved with have been OK at best. 

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 19, 2020, 12:39:46 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 16, 2020, 01:02:37 PM
Quote from: skhellter on Dec 16, 2020, 12:16:24 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 16, 2020, 09:59:13 AM
Given Ridley's involvement, I would expect it would.

Is his involvement even seriously confirmed?
In the presentation they said Noah would work alongside Ridley
but in the trades after the presentation most of them said Ridley was still in "talks" to produce the show.

To our understanding, yes, Ridley is 100% signed on. The show didn't actually start active development until after that.

I retract this. It's still talks.

Sooooooo I guess they really jumped the gun at the investor stream by explicitly stating that Noah Hawley is "working alongside Sir Ridley Scott."  That's... kind of a really shitty way to handle an 'official' announcement. :-X

https://youtu.be/0u1Rh7AwAnM?t=488

Evanus

Yikes, that's kinda shitty indeed.  But yeah, now I'm pretty convinced it won't be connected to the prequels in any way.

Hopefully the third prequel is still on the cards though, in some form.

Nightmare Asylum

Gotta make it sound appealing for the INVESTORS!

Hoping that Ridley gets to make his third film alongside Hawley doing this. They don't even have to be compatible, honestly. I'm fine with different takes.

But come on, Disney. Don't flat out lie at your conference about the status of this thing...

Nukiemorph

David Weyland

The more the prequel story is ignored
The more it will grow

Voodoo Magic

With a story occurring in the near future, I think they would have to ignore at least Covenant right?

Xenomrph

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 19, 2020, 10:45:42 PM
With a story occurring in the near future, I think they would have to ignore at least Covenant right?
Christ I hope so.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 19, 2020, 10:46:12 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 19, 2020, 10:45:42 PM

Christ I hope so.

How would you react if an Alien shows up before David "creates" them?

Xenomrph

Positively.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed