Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 211,978 times)

skhellter

what are the odds that we're gonna find yet another engineer in a cryosleep chamber...

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: skhellter on Dec 13, 2020, 05:53:31 PM
what are the odds that we're gonna find yet another engineer in a cryosleep chamber...

On the third day, the Jesus Engineer rose from his cryo tube.

Spoiler
[close]

skhellter

didn't Lindelof talk once about having a prologue on Earth for the next movie....

possibly with Engineer Jesus being crucified... . :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

I can't remember if Lindelof ever mentioned the Jesus concept, but I do know that Ridley did:

Quote"If you look at it as an 'our children are misbehaving down there' scenario, there are moments where it looks like we've gone out of control, running around with armor and skirts, which of course would be the Roman Empire. And they were given a long run. A thousand years before their disintegration actually started to happen. And you can say, 'Let's send down one more of our emissaries to see if he can stop it.' Guess what? They crucified him."

Spoiler
[close]

TurokSwe

TurokSwe

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 13, 2020, 02:28:13 PM
Seeing as they are billing this as "the first Alien story set on Earth," I very much doubt they are going to take anything from the two AVP films that were set on Earth into consideration.

As it stands, even under Disney/20th Century Studios it looks like the Alien, Predator, and AVP properties are still being kept separate for now.

I don't think we're supposed to take that part of the presentation too literally/seriously (nor do I think it had anything whatsoever to do with continuity), seeing as we've had multiple Alien stories already set on Earth (AVP being one example), and perhaps the emphasis was cinematic solo Alien stories. They may be going for something different, but fact still stands that all four properties have never truly been "separate" (certainly not at this point) and so it's fair to speculate, and solo stories will always exist regardless.

Quote from: Drukathi on Dec 13, 2020, 03:19:10 PM
No matter how strong the Alien Queen is, the pressure of the water will turn her into a pancake. And then the sea current will scatter her remains like Engineer's molecules. The likelihood of finding Ripley's blood samples on Fury-161 is much higher than the queen's body on the seabed.
So, with the power of logic there is no chance of continuing AvP.

That's one option, unless she's fit to survive high pressure like many animals are, and the people in charge of such a project could very well go for any options or explanations for her survival that they would like. In science fiction there aren't really any boundaries, and we still don't know what happened to her, but all we know is she was sent to disappear into that dark abyss. She's an opportunity waiting to be exploited.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: TurokSwe on Dec 13, 2020, 06:17:56 PM
but fact still stands that all four properties have never truly been "separate" (certainly not at this point)

Except that Prometheus/Alien: Covenant and Alien vs Predator/Aliens vs Predator: Requiem are totally incompatible, and that was very much known to the filmmakers (with Damon Lindelof explicitly acknowledging that fact and mentioning it to Ridley Scott, who did not care at all about the AVP films) and 20th Century Fox (who approved all of the decisions to overwrite the AVP films) while the prequels were being developed. But that's a discussion that's been had a million times now, and not really one I want to waste time on again.

BlueMarsalis79

Can you f**king stop it with this absolute shit TurokSWE?

TurokSwe

TurokSwe

Quote from: skhellter on Dec 13, 2020, 05:47:46 PM
my main bet is still on "WY finds an ancient Engineer structure on Earth, deep underground.."
Set sometime after Alien3.

Or

WY manages to dig up the Derelict (which magically survived the blast in Aliens) on LV426 and they bring it home.

(Not a fan of either idea.. and definitely not a fan of the Earth setting in this)

Only problem is they said it's going to be set in the near future on Earth.

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Dec 13, 2020, 06:26:22 PM
Can you f**king stop it with this absolute shit TurokSWE?

What is your problem?

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 13, 2020, 06:23:19 PM
Quote from: TurokSwe on Dec 13, 2020, 06:17:56 PM
but fact still stands that all four properties have never truly been "separate" (certainly not at this point)

Except that Prometheus/Alien: Covenant and Alien vs Predator/Aliens vs Predator: Requiem are totally incompatible, and that was very much known to the filmmakers (with Damon Lindelof explicitly acknowledging that fact and mentioning it to Ridley Scott, who did not care at all about the AVP films) and 20th Century Fox (who approved all of the decisions to overwrite the AVP films) while the prequels were being developed. But that's a discussion that's been had a million times now, and not really one I want to waste time on again.

Don't do this again. I've responded to this same nonsense time and time again. You're not doing any of us any favors by starting this again. Live and let live, try tolerating people who do not share your preferred continuities. Agreed?

BlueMarsalis79

No chance, not tolerating you calling SM and Andrew Gaska liars again, get lost.

TurokSwe

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Dec 13, 2020, 06:32:48 PM
No chance, not tolerating you calling SM and Andrew Gaska liars again, get lost.

I think you should take your own advice then and get lost. I'm not getting into another one of these pointless arguments, and I'm disappointed to see you're trying to start another one.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Says the guy leaving multiple locked threads in his wake, it's not an opinion you're offering, you're stating your opinion as though it's fact once again knowing fully people will take issue with it and start that discussion again what a surprise.

TurokSwe

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Dec 13, 2020, 06:38:47 PM
Says the guy leaving multiple locked threads in his wake, because he refuses to see sense, and here you're stating your opinion as though it's fact once again- what a total surprise.

You're starting it again for no good reason. You're the only one being hostile here. Please stop. It will do no good.

skhellter

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 13, 2020, 06:10:54 PM
I can't remember if Lindelof ever mentioned the Jesus concept, but I do know that Ridley did:

Quote"If you look at it as an 'our children are misbehaving down there' scenario, there are moments where it looks like we've gone out of control, running around with armor and skirts, which of course would be the Roman Empire. And they were given a long run. A thousand years before their disintegration actually started to happen. And you can say, 'Let's send down one more of our emissaries to see if he can stop it.' Guess what? They crucified him."

Spoiler
[close]

Imagine Ridley directing the first episode of this....
and the prologue is the Engineer being crucified.  :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: skhellter on Dec 13, 2020, 07:01:29 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 13, 2020, 06:10:54 PM

Spoiler
[close]

Imagine Ridley directing the first episode of this....
and the prologue is the Engineer being crucified.  :laugh:

8)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Dec 13, 2020, 04:46:06 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/AlienAnthology/status/834040002656899074

Anyone remember this here?
Makes one wonder indeed.
If this existed in the plans for a long time.

Likely coincidental.

Quote from: TurokSwe on Dec 13, 2020, 06:43:16 PM
You're starting it again for no good reason. You're the only one being hostile here. Please stop. It will do no good.

Dude, don't act as if it isn't your attitude that gets people riled up. You know exactly what you're doing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed