Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 210,939 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 11, 2020, 05:32:26 PM
Perhaps the Engineers created proto-humans on Mars, and that is where they first used their biological weapons.

QuotePrometheus Concept Art I
I worked on this film over 2 years ago, but now that it's out and the dust is settling I can post a few of those images from the early development of the project.

These views show Weyland's headquarters on Mars. As with much of the concept work, this image was created entirely in 3D - and it is seen as a background in a briefing aboard the ship.

http://steveburg.blogspot.com/2012/06/prometheus-concept-art-i.html

At the time this was being considered, I believe one of the Engineer cave paintings was going to be discovered on Mars.

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

Will we see the colonial marines in this?
Horror like Alien but Action like aliens, sounds good on paper let's hope it's a simple scary story and not too out there, all we want to see is the marines teaming up against the bugs. No more why is the space jockey there in Alien, things like that keep out.

I just want to see the state of the art badass marines going head to head with the aliens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR on Dec 11, 2020, 06:02:24 PM
Horror like Alien but Action like aliens, sounds good on paper let's hope it's a simple scary story and not too out there, all we I want to see is the marines teaming up against the bugs. No more why is the space jockey there in Alien, things like that keep out.

I just want to see the state of the art badass marines going head to head with the aliens

FTFY

skhellter

There was no mention of any Predator movie during the presentation (that i know of)
and we know that is happening.

I don't really see 20th century studios avoiding more alien movies.. while a predator film is in development.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR on Dec 11, 2020, 06:02:24 PM
Horror like Alien but Action like aliens, sounds good on paper let's hope it's a simple scary story and not too out there, all we want to see is the marines teaming up against the bugs. No more why is the space jockey there in Alien, things like that keep out.

I respectfully disagree with, well, just about every word of this.

I think there is absolutely a place to tell another story with Colonial Marines, but I think that a show that is merely "state of the art badass marines going head to head with the aliens" would be incredibly reductive. And, not to mention, would miss the entire point of Aliens.

I'm also very intrigued by the can of worms that the prequels opened up with the Engineers, and the original film with its depiction of the "Space Jockey." I think there is still a lot to explore there. Mostly, though, I just want to see David's further descent, and all of its gothic horror trappings, as he uses his pile of meat - ehm, the passengers on the Covenant - to continue on with his experiments.

Quote from: skhellter on Dec 11, 2020, 06:06:34 PM
There was no mention of any Predator movie during the presentation (that i know of)
and we know that is happening.

I don't really see 20th century studios avoiding more alien movies.. while a predator film is in development.

Fingers crossed. Could be that Ridley is involved here the way he was with the Blomkamp project - to make sure wires don't get crossed - while he is toiling away with a project of his own.

skhellter

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 11, 2020, 06:09:50 PM
Fingers crossed. Could be that Ridley is involved here the way he was with the Blomkamp project - to make sure wires don't get crossed - while he is toiling away with a project of his own.

His involvement seems to have killed that particular project.  :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

"They are a dying species, grasping for resurrection. They don't deserve to start again, and I am not going to let them."

"Earth, man. What a shithole."

Remember that, Hawley.

Gentleman Death

The whole Earth thing is pretty vague. It could always have some kind of flashback sequences to an outbreak of sorts on earth. Or always start off on earth but end ultimately with meeting the alien species...

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Gentleman Death on Dec 11, 2020, 07:36:03 PM
The whole Earth thing is pretty vague. It could always have some kind of flashback sequences to an outbreak of sorts on earth. Or always start off on earth but end ultimately with meeting the alien species...

I don't know about that. In the video they explicitly state "It's the first Alien story set on Earth."

And use this as a backdrop:

If Earth were just a flashback or prologue or something here, then that would be no different from how Prometheus used Earth in its early scenes, which would hardly make this a franchise "first."

irn

Quote from: SiL on Dec 11, 2020, 12:04:56 AM
Or they turn it into a corporate thriller about WY...

This is what I'm hoping for. But in the announcement video they kind of alluded to it having xenomorphs.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Stompy the Perfect Xeno on Dec 11, 2020, 10:26:11 AM
Wow. How mature.

Maturity is my middle name.

QuoteI will remind you of your words when this series is all about androids, life and creation.
Friendo.  :-*

Is this supposed to worry me? I love both the prequels and Raised by Wolves, I'd be fine with androids, life and creation.

Corporal Hicks

Master

Good video! I even got mentioned :D To be honest it rubbs me the wrong way you actually know more then I do :P

Mr.Turok

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH BOY HERE WE GO!

Honestly I have to admit, I really am put off by the story taking place on Earth. I would much prefer to see a colony on some planet with some kind of story that involves looking into rumors of people disappearing and illegal activities doing about in the nearby Weyland Yutani facility. Almost like a suspense/thriller kind of detective story. I always adored the atmosphere and environment of the Hadley's Hope colony and wanted to see more of that in the series. Plus, its not fair that Star Wars gets to see outer space and exotic places while we get to be stuck on Earth, even if its just 100 years into the future, it just sounds like just another way to save money by using locations around here and not the cool settings from past films.

I am still not keen with the possibility of David being the sole creator of the Aliens as we know them now but if this takes place before Covenant and it shows Aliens as they are, then I'm up for anything that turns that possibility. If anything, the lore and ideas from Prometheus looks much more interesting than what David has to offer.

Oh and as for the Ice Queen herself from AVP, it would be interesting and fun as a fan for both series, however Ridley did say long ago that he doesn't consider AVP part of Alien Universe. Weyland origins being too different is a factor there as well.

I'm just really happy that there is a lot of Alien/Predator content in the future.....which makes me wonder if any of this will lead or inspire creators to look at AVP anytime soon.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Given the basic details of the show (Earth setting in a near future), I'm as curious as RidgeTop about what's going on with the origins of the Alien  :laugh:

While the cannon is subject to change, I am very curious to learn how they are going to approach that.

Also, I'd like an anthology series, although I agree that it would be a bit complicated with the clifganger, when it comes to self contained stories. Unless it's a massive hit like The Haunted of Hill House, such that people are going to want more despite not having the same characters.

But like I said, the anthology taking place at different times is my cup of tea. Plus an anime  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed