Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 210,521 times)

Immortan Jonesy

I'm so excited I don't know what to say!   ;D

Well actually yes. I'm glad that both, the Alien and Predator franchises, are far from being dead. Beyond the EU I mean  8)

Nightmare Asylum

I jumped the gun on making this thread without realizing that the discourse would be happening in the old thread. Feel free to lock and/or merge!

Immortan Jonesy

That would be an invaluable hire!  :o

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Gentleman Death on Dec 11, 2020, 02:30:47 AM
Anyone know if this was the only Alien information to come out of Disney or if there might be another announcement soon..?

This is all. The Disney conference is over now, and moved onto Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, etc. stuff after the FX panel where this news broke.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Stompy the Perfect Xeno on Dec 11, 2020, 12:11:20 AM
Ridley Scott is involved? There goes my anticipation.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out, pal.

Richman678

The Alien series is in dire need of a keeper of the torch. Too many cooks in the kitchen.

Please don't mess this up!

[cancerblack]

Just give me a Bladerunner vibe with some Ayys and I'll be happy enough.

Jurassicvania

Jurassicvania

Reminder, as far as movies go, theres nothing that says David made the classic xenos.  All he did was go to a planet where species needed something to mate with and observed impregnation and reproduction.

Assuming David made the xenos is like saying... some guy somehwere watched 2 different looking dogs mate and birth, therefor your dog was made by that guy.

Prez

High hopes for this based purely on Hawley's presence. He's been (for the most part) brilliant with Fargo and is great at telling interesting stories about the characters who you become vested in - something the Alien films have sadly missed since the first 2.

Also I not reading too much into a single sentence stating `... in the not to far away future'.

Let us see how this one pans out.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Richman678 on Dec 11, 2020, 02:42:22 AM
The Alien series is in dire need of a keeper of the torch. Too many cooks in the kitchen.

Please don't mess this up!

Honestly, the "too many cooks" is one of the things I love about Alien. I don't care all that much about maintaining consistency and love that each project has a totally different styel.

That being said, I am very glad that Ridley is involved here and hope to see some prequel elements find their way into this series.

Xiggz456

f**k yes! Currently binge watching Legion on Hulu and I can't wait to see what he'll do with ALIEN

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 11, 2020, 02:31:50 AM
I jumped the gun on making this thread without realizing that the discourse would be happening in the old thread. Feel free to lock and/or merge!

We wait for the great Hicksmoses!

judge death

Quote from: 426Buddy on Dec 11, 2020, 01:36:14 AM
Interesting, I am intrigued but being on earth in the not too distant future is setting off some alarms.
Yep as in all of the lore the WY or humanity for that matter has never encountered a species like this prior to Davids vauge reports and explains why the WY or rather insider in WY had nostromo investigate the beacon signal once it was discovered.

Having xenomorphs on earth in the close future just removes that completely.

Gentleman Death

The Earth setting throws me off but with it being Alien, I'm definitely intrigued. I wonder if this series will follow or incorporate any characters or settings from the comics or novels.....Or if it's just a standalone in its own "universe".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed