Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 212,027 times)

Ingwar

Being EP and one of the fathers of Alien he will very likely have something to say.

FlapJack

FlapJack

This show better not suffer like AMC's Walking Dead with boring filler, nagging survivors and 11 seasons with 16 episodes each run times of 44 minutes.

JungleHunter87

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 11, 2020, 12:40:19 AM
I get that. And it did make me flinch myself at first.

I wonder if budgetary concerns helped shape its setting...

Good point, I hadn't thought of. But I would like to point out what not only The Mandolorian is able to do with it's CG/practical sets. But also what the creators of the Tongal shorts were able to do with limited budgets. I think it's possible to set this on a colony, ship or station like the Sevastopol and it be cheap if done in a already standing location. Slightly modified for filming.

Perhaps I am naïve when it comes to the possibilities of such things?

Lost_Hunter

Game over Man, Game over!

David did not create the alien nor was the alien ever on earth. The title is Alien.

GreybackElder

Wow. Finally. After all of these years, an Alien TV series. Why would it be set on Earth? Wasn't the whole plot of the entire Alien series to prevent them from getting on Earth? I HOPE it's on an Earth that looks like something from Bladerunner and it's not current day. I don't want to relive AVP requiem. I mean seriously Wolf is absolutely one of my favorite predators buttttttttt the aliens were mehhhhhhhh.

Ingwar

Gr33n M4n

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 11, 2020, 12:45:53 AM
Quote from: SiL on Dec 10, 2020, 11:50:56 PM
Why on Earth.

Why.

Why space again?

Because Space is more interesting and alien.

0321recon

Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Dec 11, 2020, 12:43:22 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 11, 2020, 12:40:19 AM
I get that. And it did make me flinch myself at first.

I wonder if budgetary concerns helped shape its setting...

Good point, I hadn't thought of. But I would like to point out what not only The Mandolorian is able to do with it's CG/practical sets. But also what the creators of the Tongal shorts were able to do with limited budgets. I think it's possible to set this on a colony, ship or station like the Sevastopol and it be cheap if done in a already standing location. Slightly modified for filming.

Perhaps I am naïve when it comes to the possibilities of such things?

That's the only way they can pull this off is they can use the Mado tech. I listened to a recent podcast (IndiFilm Hussle) where they interviewed the people behind the company that created the tech and mentioned that thanks to their tech, studios were able to cut millions from the budget and relocated to other areas of production. So, I suspect and I do hope Disney is thinking of using this with Alien.

Ingwar

Is it that really more interesting? First four Alien movies take place mostly indoors.

0321recon

If Scott is producing (he's in talks), I do hope something of the battle of the world's concept that Scott was going for the final prequel film is shown in this series with either the engineers offloading the Xenos on earth for a wipeout event. Though who knows what they're going for. Let's see what happens. 

judge death

Quote from: Gentleman Death on Dec 11, 2020, 12:13:17 AM
Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Dec 10, 2020, 11:30:20 PM
The Alien on Earth only means one thing.

Finally continuing Ripley 8's journey!? 😎
PRoblem is that they say: earth, in the close future, not the distant future, else that could have worked.

I pray its not a reebot/remake, or completely screws over the lore, then I ragequit xD

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

Hey people if you worry it going to have a small budget and look like shit just rember the first two terminator films had small budgets for moives and look how well they looked I am sure the can do something for the alien tv series

Necronomicon II

If the earth is an industrial hellscape with glinting neon kanji, acid rain, etc, and with most of the population off-world I can get behind that.

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Dec 11, 2020, 12:56:55 AM
If the earth is an industrial hellscape with glinting neon kanji, acid rain, etc, and with most of the population off-world I can get behind that.

With this being set in the "not too distant future" I don't think most of earth's population is off-world.

1701Refit

1701Refit

I want to get excited about this project, but for some reason, I get the strange feeling that this series will be ruined by the sjw/woke agenda somehow.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed