Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 210,877 times)

Kailem

Turk died so that Hicks might live. He's the hero we needed, but not the one we deserved.

Cosmic Incubation

Haha as much as I love Hicks, I prefer the dark fate they gave him in Alien3

But I totally get it  :D

BlueMarsalis79

Oh it is an inside joke. I loathe ACM utterly.

And Dwayne Hicks' fine, but he's no Kyle Reese in terms of his characterisation, I think both Clemens and Dillon balance Ripley far better and are far better characters and actors overall.

Cosmic Incubation

ohhhh ok haha
I thought it might be a joke but wasn't sure  :laugh:

I also loathe ACM, like most fans
But I know a lot of people detest Alien3 for killing off Hicks and Newt, so I thought maybe people like Stasis Interrupted for retconning that lol
Although I love those characters, I never really minded it and liked the dark, nihilistic tone of killing them off.

BlueMarsalis79

I think the film more than earns it, so I do not mind myself.

TomT

TomT

This show sounds like an absolute abomination from every info available, the final nail on the franchise's coffin. I can't imagine Alien fans being excited about this, it retcons first two films, it goes against the main point of Alien films, TV series approach is just wrong for Alien and it won't have big budget, nothing Hawley said about it sounds good and lead characters look terrible if that old leak is real. Fox and Ridley ruined Alien beyond repair, he almost saved it with Prometheus, but then destroyed everything he could and now it ended up as a cheap TV show which is as bad as Direct-To-DVD sequels.

Kradan

Nukiemorph

Quote from: TomT on Sep 02, 2022, 06:00:19 PMThis show sounds like an absolute abomination from every info available, the final nail on the franchise's coffin. I can't imagine Alien fans being excited about this, it retcons first two films, it goes against the main point of Alien films, TV series approach is just wrong for Alien and it won't have big budget, nothing Hawley said about it sounds good and lead characters look terrible if that old leak is real. Fox and Ridley ruined Alien beyond repair, he almost saved it with Prometheus, but then destroyed everything he could and now it ended up as a cheap TV show which is as bad as Direct-To-DVD sequels.

K.

BlueMarsalis79

The only person I have on ignore on this site, for very good reason.

TomT

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Sep 02, 2022, 11:35:35 PMThe only person I have on ignore on this site, for very good reason.
I don't even know who you are and rarely post here. But since you still saw my message and decided to comment on it, I think you forgot to click ignore button, you can try again if you can't handle a different opinion and perfectly reasonable based on all the available information about this trash.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I saw your reply because someone quoted it, open your eyes man.

I do not see any trash, just Noah Hawley being top tier, as usual. 

And before you ask, because I received an alert that you quoted me here, so I saw it where I liked it or not.

TomT

TomT

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Sep 02, 2022, 11:55:38 PMI saw your reply because Nukiemorph quoted it, open your eyes man.  :laugh:
And you saw my reply to you too, I guess that ignore button doesn't work very well or maybe you mean your imaginary ignore list, go on.

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Sep 02, 2022, 11:55:38 PMI do not see any trash, just Noah Hawley being top tier, as usual.
Especially his last film with Natalie Portman is top tier, with 4/10 average, around the same average as AvP: Requiem, current rock bottom of both franchises.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I guess I edited in that last bit a bit late then.  ::)

Noah Hawley's wrote an excellent book, and a middling book, he's directed multiple excellent series, and a shit film.

Good thing this will be a Series going by that track record!  ;D   

TomT

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Sep 03, 2022, 12:00:08 AMNoah Hawley's wrote an excellent book, and a middling book, he's directed multiple excellent series, and a shit film.

Good thing this will be a Series going by that track record!  ;D 
I have no doubt it'll be as good as that wonderful Netflix's Resident Evil show, there's a very specific TV audience segment that watches and likes everything, so they will like this one too.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/legion
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt5114356/
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/fargo
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt2802850/

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 02, 2022, 07:06:29 PMYawn

Yeah sure, because the above and any adaptation of Resident Evil totally got the same reception, critically or commercially speaking.

Fargo's still an ongoing Anthology and generally rated even higher than the superb film that it is initially based upon. 

Legion's one continuous narrative that's also a new take on a pre-existing franchise with disparate entries, whatever approach Noah Hawley takes with Alien be it either or mixed, it is in very good hands.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed